Mango How To's and other tricks

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Multiple Google Calendars is Buggy

Multiple Google calendars on Mango is completely unusable. If you create an event on your phone from your non-primary calendar, it also creates an invite, thus creating duplicate events on your calendar. As long as you create all your events on your Google desktop calendar, it works fine.

warpdesign

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
About the reading of SMS: I set the option to "only with handsets". Now, how do I make WP read my SMS ? Does it only work when you receive the message ? What about messages you already have read/opened ?

I so no options to make WP read a message for me in the SMS app...

Btw, someone correct me if I'm wrong: there's no way to search for text in the SMS app ? Nor any way to select/copy part of a message, not the whole one ?

DarkFears

Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to turn down the notifications volume separate from the incoming call ring volume? I'm about to make my own notification sound in ableton live and de-amplify the damn thing lol... Loud as ****. Louder for some reason than pre mango, even distorts my speaker.

pedenske

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
I don't know about other phones but I have an optimus 7 and I found i can wake my phone with the home button. Previously the only way to do it was pushing the power button.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
About the reading of SMS: I set the option to "only with handsets". Now, how do I make WP read my SMS ? Does it only work when you receive the message ? What about messages you already have read/opened ?

I so no options to make WP read a message for me in the SMS app...

Btw, someone correct me if I'm wrong: there's no way to search for text in the SMS app ? Nor any way to select/copy part of a message, not the whole one ?

Only works when you receive a message

No searching text

you can only copy the entire message but you can always edit it after you past it where every

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Well most of my other phones had it and i think i've used it about twice, but it's another ommission i agree mmbond.

@TheWeeBeare: Not a big deal for the average user. I wouldn't have noticed it until someone asked me for a friends info and I thought to just send a "vcard" or forward the addy and couldn't. kind of made my mind do some funky things as I thought, to quote the 2010 Season of the Witch Ads "Really?!?"

Again, not a deal breaker for me by any means, but I hope MS addresses this because business users (i.e. blackberry defectors), will have fits. Especially in the legal, medical and sales communities where sharing info like this is the norm.

Still loving the OS. it's by far the best I've ever had, and i've tried them all...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes more a requirement for business users I agree. Glad you feel the same way about WP7 as I do.

(I think most love it after trying it)

I'm sure more little missing items and niggles will be addressed in the coming updates whenever that may be. :)

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Yes more a requirement for business users I agree. Glad you feel the same way about WP7 as I do.

(I think most love it after trying it)

I'm sure more little missing items and niggles will be addressed in the coming updates whenever that may be. :)

Seconded! Love the revised Avatar btw!

mmbond

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
@TheWeeBear: Btw, I just realized today that you can forward/share anything from maps. Including address info. All MS has to do is integrate the "share" function from maps into contacts and voila!

in the interim, for those addresses i need to share most, (hardly ever), I've made them favorites in maps.

not sure anyone will really care but just an fyi...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarianKlux