Mango How To's and other tricks

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Question (didn't want to make a new topic for it):

I thought Windows Live Messenger was integrated into the Message section. Is it not? Just Facebook Chat?

And how do you get skydrive to stream on your phone?

mydefposse

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
Question (didn't want to make a new topic for it):

I thought Windows Live Messenger was integrated into the Message section. Is it not? Just Facebook Chat?

It is for me. If I go into a thread of a person that also has WLM, click "switch to", I get text, facebook chat or messenger.

wpb211

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
cckgz4: you should be able to add your Live account info in the Settings section under "email+accounts." Once you do that you will be able to messenger with others who have live as well.

othercents

Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
I was messaging yesterday and saw it says text messaging rates apply. Check with your provider. Can anyone confirm that the integrated app uses text messaging?

Sent from my SGH-i677 using Board Express

p.jgordon

Nov 3, 2011
Visit site
Hmm I'll have to check my windows live messenger online because I don't see how to add it in the contact section.

Make sure their windows live messenger email is in their contact info. I imported all of my windows live messenger contacts into my phone and had to manually link those to their corresponding facebook accounts.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
A few tips that I figured out for things I will use a lot.

- To see running apps / open apps press and hold the back button.
- To use visual search or music tagging press the search button then press the corresponding button at the bottom of the bing search page.
- To link email accounts open an email account then open the menu and select settings then pick "linked inboxes"

Okay I have taken the plunge and linked two email accounts together I am getting emails and want to move them to one of the accounts which is my hotmail account and when I tap move only the yahho account folders show up. Does anyone know how I can get the email to the hotmail inbox folders.

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Okay I have taken the plunge and linked two email accounts together I am getting emails and want to move them to one of the accounts which is my hotmail account and when I tap move only the yahho account folders show up. Does anyone know how I can get the email to the hotmail inbox folders.

From what I understand you go into the email message itself, bring up the additional options with the ellipses and there's a "move" command.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I think we have a unified in-box rather than truly unified email accounts.

You can get your Yahoo and Hotmail messages in one in-box but I don't think you can move messages to folders outside the receiving account.

You probably need to forward the Yahoo message to your Hotmail account and then move it to the desired Hotmail folder.

hope this helps.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well I started with the hotmail account and linked the yahoo account to it and only my yahhoo inbox and its folders which are out of date are the options. I thinkl I will just unlink them and start over! Thanks for your help blehbleh bleh and scottitude I appreciate the quick responses.
I just had a couple of messages and when I checked the move it showed the hotmail inbox choices. Maybe the emails that come in on hotmail show the hotmail folders and the yahoo emails show the yahoo folders. Hmm

blehblehbleh

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Well I started with the hotmail account and linked the yahoo account to it and only my yahhoo inbox and its folders which are out of date are the options. I thinkl I will just unlink them and start over! Thanks for your help blehbleh bleh and scottitude I appreciate the quick responses.
I just had a couple of messages and when I checked the move it showed the hotmail inbox choices. Maybe the emails that come in on hotmail show the hotmail folders and the yahoo emails show the yahoo folders. Hmm

Oh i'm sorry i totally misread you initial question. Ideally the hotmail inbox folders should be showing up. I just linked my windows phone hotmail account and a separate hotmail account I have and the folder both show up.

dark2wase

Feb 21, 2012
Visit site
facebook contact delete help

Hi everyone this is my first time in the forum but have been visiting wpcentral ever since
My problem is this: how do delete unwanted Facebook contacts

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Hi dark2wase, welcome along to WPCentral. :)

I don't think you can actually delete specific facebook friends from the phone, you would have to do it online on your main facebook account.

You can filter your contact list to not show facebook friends as contacts if that's what you mean.

Go to your people hub, contact list, then ... at the bottom, settings, filter my contact list, then uncheck facebook.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss