Missing feature - automatic profile switching (oh, and profiles ;^) )

kallemia

Nov 20, 2010
Visit site
One of the things I miss the most about Windows Mobile was the ability to create profiles and have them automatically enabled/disabled based on my calendar. So, for example, if I had a bunch of meetings one day, my phone would automatically switch to meeting profile (silent/vibrate only) when the meeting started, and revert back to "normal"/default profile when the meeting was over. Very handy feature, that. Never forgot to silence my phone at a recital or concert, because the phone did it for me.

Kalle

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
I do remember the phone switching automatically based on calendar availability I also remember it never worked properly all the time. Now having that feature would be dead handy especially if it worked reliably.

btbam91

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
That would be a fantastic feature to have. The calendar leaves a lot of room for improvement!

Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

kenstone

Dec 12, 2011
Visit site
I remember that feature on my Blackjack. I could never fully trust it, though, as a few times it didn't work as expected. I couldn't ever figure out why it didn't work sometimes, so I always ended up doublechecking.

Wobjoi

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
This has been one of my most missed feature dating back as far as my old Sony Ericcson feature phones to my Android phones. I have made a request to MS for this so hoping this feature gets added in future.

I have also tried developing an app to do this myself, though the Windows Phone SDK does not provide the API's needed to get it all working. Asked MS for help and confirmation and unfortunately it was confirmed that they have no plans to expose the API's needed for a dev like myself to be able to do it. If the feature ever gets implemented it would have to come from MS. Shame as I had some great ideas for the app like auto switching profiles based on GPS location or time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12