Am I the only unlucky one?!

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Right now I am seriously mad at this whole wide world. After waiting so eagerly for mango to arrive, well, unlucky as I am, I never got the notification on my phone. Then I came across all the threads talking about how one can force update their phone using the tricks and all, and well this is where I stand right now- tried force updating atleast 50 times throughout the day and nothing, absolutely nothing.
I stay in Australia, and am using the Samsung Omnia 7, unlocked, but with a Deutsche Telekom branding. Is it because of that? since it seems DT is still not pushing out updates for Omnia 7. But then again, my phone is unlocked, so why should that be a problem?
I know there are so many people out there who still havent got mango, but I really cant wait anymore. Not after seemingly everyone else is already on mango and enjoying all the goodness.
Some clarification, maybe another trick, anything, will help.
God, I need help!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
look at my * look at not informed we are * post

MS is regulating the MANGO update to LIMITED customers at first.... to make sure it doesn’t crash he system probly .. keep looking it should pop up soon

or do the FORCE update trick

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
look at my * look at not informed we are * post

MS is regulating the MANGO update to LIMITED customers at first.... to make sure it doesn?t crash he system probly .. keep looking it should pop up soon

or do the FORCE update trick

The "disconnect trick" bypass' the limited customer limit. That's only for OTA notification.

sinlessearth

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
the trick will work you just have to get the timing down is all. once zune starts to check for update you have to disconnect the internet somehow. disconnect cable, wifi what ever. its all about the timing.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
The "disconnect trick" bypass' the limited customer limit. That's only for OTA notification.

OTA notification go hand in hand with the ZUNE update....

Rogers release mango to some consumer , my phone still say no update found (and im with rogers)... but i still managed to FORCE the update.

like otehr says , its ALL about Timing

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Je ne sais pas. I've tried the disconnect trick so many time now, they probably blocked my IP thinking I was some type of DDOS attack. :lol:

LOL! that would be funny...... hey Palandri are you french???

ou tes juste un am?ricain rare qui ces parler fran?aise? hehe

justop26

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Je ne sais pas. I've tried the disconnect trick so many time now, they probably blocked my IP thinking I was some type of DDOS attack. :lol:

I feel the same way, I've tried so many times I just gave up. I kind of felt I was the only one that couldn't get the trick to work :p Thankfully, I'm running the leaked RTM and opted not to revert before I was sure it was needed.

Now, I just want to let you and Selfcreation know that I wish I could speak French like you do. Such a beautiful language :) Not that I don't understand what you're saying, though ;)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I feel the same way, I've tried so many times I just gave up. I kind of felt I was the only one that couldn't get the trick to work :p Thankfully, I'm running the leaked RTM and opted not to revert before I was sure it was needed.

Now, I just want to let you and Selfcreation know that I wish I could speak French like you do. Such a beautiful language :) Not that I don't understand what you're saying, though ;)

I think we just have to wait for a notification. I have an unlocked/unbranded GSM Trophy from Germany.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
My girlfriend and I both have T-mobile HD7s. The disconnect trick worked on the very first try for me. But I couldnt get hers to do it. I will try again late on my own computer.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

slinky826

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I managed to get the "disconnect" trick to work first try. My laptop has the wifi switch on the front, and when I pressed the update button in Zune, as soon as the "Searching for updates" progress bar showed up, I flicked the switch off, then it told me I had an update available. I really think it is timing.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

That should not be so I had issues with my laptop and wireless internet. Tried probably ten times my office mates (working off my wireless ad dsl were wondering why they were getting kicked off (my laptop primary) and so I went home and did it on my desktop took two times. It is literally all about internet disconnect at the exact time it needs to be If it does not work keep trying IT WILL WORK

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
That should not be so I had issues with my laptop and wireless internet. Tried probably ten times my office mates (working off my wireless ad dsl were wondering why they were getting kicked off (my laptop primary) and so I went home and did it on my desktop took two times. It is literally all about internet disconnect at the exact time it needs to be If it does not work keep trying IT WILL WORK

I am going to try it from my laptop now and see if that makes any difference. I have been doing it from PC.

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Well I tried many times today as well, but zilch. Mango seems far far away. I am even thinking of going for the leaked samsung mango firmware update.
:(:(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb