NYTimes puts Windows Phone 7 before Android!

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Just received an email from the NYTimes, reminding me of all the ways I can use my online subscription. Excited to see them place Windows Phone 7 *ahead* of Android in the list of devices for which they have apps available!

The Times app for WP7 is beautiful. On Android, I always used the mobile site because the Times Android app was so downright ghastly - and (as is so often the case w/ Android)... buggy.

Unlimited Access to NYTimes Smartphone Apps
? Access the complete NYTimes app for your BlackBerry?, iPhone?,
Windows? Phone 7, or Android?-powered smartphone.
? Download your NYTimes smartphone app

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is one way to change the perception of Windows Phone. Right now commercials and print ads say something like, "download our app for iPhone or iPad." It would be great to start seeing commercials that say something like, "check out our Web site or download our app for Windows Phone."

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I believe this is one way to change the perception of Windows Phone. Right now commercials and print ads say something like, "download our app for iPhone or iPad." It would be great to start seeing commercials that say something like, "check out our Web site or download our app for Windows Phone."

I know. I was excited to see this because most will ID iPhone, BlackBerry, Android "and other devices". Heck, even the WPCentral page, where it shows devices on the right, doesn't show the Trophy...but I digress.

I have Kindle app for Windows phone, but had to dig a bit to find out that there was an app for Windows Phone. Now I can't tell, of course, because Amazon remembers all, so whenever I log in, it does (or can) show me windows phone info.

As for which app, I don't know- that wasn't my point - I didn't realize there were two! I was simply excited to see them mention Windows Phone, let alone put it someplace other than last! Did a little dance right here in my office, I did....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes