11-10-2012 06:08 PM
209 ... 56789
tools
    Hey guys I got a problem. After I did a forced Mango update on my HD7 my phone can't go a day without crashing and being stuck at the HTC screen. Forcing me to restore to factory settings. I know there probably isn't much I can do. But its getting frustrating.

It seems to freeze up when I load People or something with texting.
    Installs fail, just a fact of computers. On NoDo mine lost all internal memory, so I couldn't open an app without filling the 13 MBs the phone thought it had and crashing the phone. Different issue but same solution...==> I received a warranty replacement.
    10-18-2011 08:32 AM
    Is there anything I can do? Maybe downgrade and reinstall again? What is causing it to crash?
    10-18-2011 09:49 AM
    Yes, the browser in WP 7 worked better than in WP 7.5. The old one seemed to be flawless - the new one fails to open many pages, loses the content when rotated, slow etc etc.
    MS better jump on this ASAP.
    10-18-2011 04:51 PM
    Yeah, thats a pity.

So what are my choices? It definitely isn't under warranty as I bought it used.
    10-18-2011 10:50 PM
    Is a downgrade possible? When can I expect MS to release a version update? Since it was a bad install that would fix it right?

I know I'm new here and wont be around after my problem is solved but I really don't know what to do anymore. If it's not fixed soon I'm just going to get the 4s next week..

Because having my phone completely restore itself once every day (two days if im lucky) its terrible! It doesn't even feel like a smartphone anymore.
    10-20-2011 02:28 PM
    You can use a previous backup through zune (the one you were supposed to make when you upgraded to mango). That's about your only choice.

I'm trying to understand the 'move to 4S', but if you got a new Windows Phone, wouldn't that solve your problem the same way the iPhone would? It's not like every Windows Phone does that.
    10-20-2011 02:34 PM
    Battery life has > 1/2 of what it was prior to Mango update. Easily got 3+ days on the battery, Now 1.5 max. Wifi/Bluetooth on prior to update. Did update for included apps, new apps are: Ebay, Insider and Accuweather.

Pulled the battery, no affect. Reluctant to do a reset, but may do it anyway... anyone else?
    10-20-2011 04:46 PM
    You can use a previous backup through zune (the one you were supposed to make when you upgraded to mango). That's about your only choice.

I'm trying to understand the 'move to 4S', but if you got a new Windows Phone, wouldn't that solve your problem the same way the iPhone would? It's not like every Windows Phone does that.
    I know. I'd just like a NEW phone you know? Dropping a couple hundred dollars on a working OS seems kind of pointless. I'd rather something different.

WP7 is a great great OS though. I'm sure it will rival iOS by the time iOS6 is out.

On another note. How do you guys have so many posts? Don't you get sick of all the new people coming by asking questions then never returning? haha.

So my backup will return to pre-mango OS?
    10-20-2011 07:42 PM
    a lot of us are here to help out - we went through the same questions and it can be hard to just figure things out.

Yes, your backup will push you back pre-mango. From there you'll have to decide if you want to try the update again, or just sit on NoDo until you get a new phone.
    10-20-2011 10:19 PM
    ill reupdate for sure and tell you how it goes.

Thanks.
    10-20-2011 11:57 PM
    I've noticed (whist locked) the music player sometimes stops for no reason. If you leave it unattended, it sometimes resumes around 20 seconds later (sometimes).
    10-21-2011 07:24 AM
    any thoughts about the cause of this behavior?
    10-21-2011 12:51 PM
    I have one complaint so far with Mango. I have Picasa Metro and Flikr apps. When I go to share a picture, those apps would be there to automatically upload.
    Now after Mango, that option is no longer there.
    10-21-2011 07:37 PM
    my complaints

1. disappearing keyboard. intermittent.
    2. skyrocketing data usage. from 300mb a month to 100 in 2 days. Have reinstalled mango as advised on other threads and will see how it goes.
    3. as mentioned before, cannot have phone off while charging, just turns back on, altho this is not a mango issue.
    4. only 20 people in a group. useless.
    5. people hub only 3rd party app. so effectively useless as well as you dont get all updates.
    6. tabs button gone.
    7. being bounced out of marketplace to the app list when you download anything. annoying.

other than that its great :)
    10-22-2011 10:07 AM
    My MMS is a little strange. Attachments in MMS are going as doubles if I send one to myself. The email format has changed, and it takes getting used to. I cannot explain it, but it is different, yet it still works ok. If I had to try and explain it, it seems the emails go through as though you are having a conversation, like in your texts.
    Last edited by joemd60; 10-22-2011 at 06:49 PM.
    10-22-2011 11:01 AM
    so there is no back-up on my zune program even though I swear I did one. Can I do a filesearch to make sure? I don't know what keywords to search. I might have deleted it while trying to force the Mango update. I was stuck doing that for 15 minutes or so and was doing everything. 7.10.7720.68 is the last mango update correct?

Is there a premango backup I can find somewhere on the net?
    10-22-2011 06:53 PM
    so there is no back-up on my zune program even though I swear I did one. Can I do a filesearch to make sure? I don't know what keywords to search. I might have deleted it while trying to force the Mango update. I was stuck doing that for 15 minutes or so and was doing everything. 7.10.7720.68 is the last mango update correct?

Correct

Is there a premango backup I can find somewhere on the net?
    Unknown I will try to see if its still up somewhere
    10-22-2011 11:05 PM
    Thanks. I really appreciate it, I'm a pretty computer literate person and messageboards are like the end of the line for me if I run into problems.
    10-23-2011 12:34 AM
    I've come to the conclusion that the music player issues are hardware related. An old problem I had on Nodo has reared it's ugly head again - volume goes down by itself and music pauses and plays by itself.

I have to say HTC really do build some junk (this is my second handset already)... although the next gen phones look promising.
    10-24-2011 10:27 AM
    Anyone noticed with the dell venue pro that when the phone automatically rotates to landscape in messaging or email it doesn't rotate back to portrait mode unless you exit back to the homescreen.
    10-24-2011 10:49 AM
    In the Mango beta, moving tiles around on my home screen was fluid. Now with the official release of Mango, I see that moving around is very jumpy and choppy. It's happened three times in two days.
    10-25-2011 08:18 AM
    My only real issue post Mango is the Sound Enhancer somehow being de activated when using bing. Proper odd that one
    10-25-2011 09:51 AM
    I have had so many issues since updating my htc hd7 with mango. I have 2 email accounts set up through my phone. Whenever I try to open either of them it goes to a black screen that says loading and then eventually just exits back to the main screen. I also can not get into my account settings. I get into settings just fine then when I click email+accounts it goes to a black screen then back to the main screen. My facebook chat doesnt work and whenever i try to go available it freezes up all of my messaging and I have to restart my phone or when I try to get into messaging it does the loading screen and then exits just like everything else. I havent heard of anyone having these same problems but I am not sure what to do.
    10-25-2011 01:28 PM
    With the facebook messaging I had to go into Settings > Messaging and then turn the Facebook chat toggle button on before it would work.
    10-25-2011 03:23 PM
    You may need to try an uninstall of mango and revert back to NODO and then reinstall Mango. It sounds like something has put a glitch in your device with the email. Or you might try deleting your email accounts and then set thenm up again.
    10-25-2011 03:23 PM
209 ... 56789
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD