Mango bugs/complaints thread

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've got my Samsung Focus paired with my car via Bluetooth. It worked awesome on NoDo, but I have an interesting problem in Mango. The voice prompt lady is practically inaudible now. I'm not able to hear text messages being read back or the confirmation I'm calling someone. The volume for my calls is fine though. Anyone else having this problem?

brew1985

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I like what I'm reading here. It seems to me that MOST of the problems everyone is experiencing can be fixed with a fairly small (and quick to build for MS) update!

My only complaint so far is that when my Focus starts getting warm after MUCH extended use (nowhere near regular use, I'm talking a few Netflix movies back to back, nonstop browsing and music playback) when the phone/battery start to warm up (considerably warm, almost hot) the phone will start doing random reboots. No harm done, all is well after the reboot, but the phone/battery need a cool down period. My theory is that it is Samsung's or Microsoft's way of preventing you from destroying your own phone/battery through over usage. Personally I find it only annoying at worst, but it also seems like a nice fail safe on my device! Any input?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
My focus was loud even before mango its still quite loud even the vibrate is quite audible with the sound totally off. Its almost too loud. I like the new volume display in numbers and also the two color display in messages between the sender and myself Thats very helpful to me.

dukrem

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
1. I'd really like to see the tabs button back in ie9 instead of refresh - seriously how often do you need to refresh a page, they should be swapped.

2. Please please please add an option for bing navigation for automated voice navigation (so you don't have to touch the screen) - I'm pretty sure the reason voice navigation is disabled in australia is that we are not allowed to touch our phones while driving. There are 3rd party apps available but none look as nice as the bing one

3. Something is reducing battery life in mango, it seems to be associated with having more apps 'running', which is odd because despite appearing in multitasking as open, they aren't technically running when not maximised.

MichaelBanning

Dec 25, 2009
Visit site
I have several feature requests, but for the purposes of this thread here is one CHANGE made in Mango that I'd like them to CHANGE BACK:

Before Mango, the zune drop down menu (the thing that comes down when you press the volume button including when looking at the lockscreen) showed the song timer (or whatever you call it - the thing that shows how long the song is playing for). Now, the only way you can see where in the song you are, or if you're forwarding/rewinding the only way you can do so to a specific time in the song without guessing is by going into Zune and seeing it in there.

Call me quirky, but as someone who rewinds and forwards to certain parts of certain songs quite a bit, this is EXTREMELY ANNOYING. I LOVE the other changes they made to the drop down menu - bigger buttons, the new Lockscreen interface, etc. - but they really need to go back and re-add the song timer back to the drop down menu at least, if not the lockscreen UI as well.

Clow

Aug 13, 2011
Visit site
Call me crazy, but I came from a long ride with many android phones on vzw. I call these minor gripes. At least the phone is actually working...be thankful

jswantek

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Do NOT like the new IE, give me the old one back! The address bar belongs back on the top, with an option to hide it if I need more space. I want my favorites and tabs buttons back where they belong.

I want customizable alert tones, not ringtones, alert tones.

I want to be able to create custom hubs so I can have all of my news apps (CNN, FoxNews, Weather Channel, etc) all tucked into one little hub on the start screen. If I can change the color of it, or even add a custom picture, EVEN BETTER.

For all the stuff we got that is kinda cool, Microsoft only went half way, then really, really dropped the ball.

Once it's time for contract renewal, if this OS isn't working the way I would like it to work, I'll have no problems exploring other options.

Also, why do I have to link all of my accounts (LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.) to Windows Live in order to access them now?

Kweezy157

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
On my HTC Arrive after I updated to Mango (forced update, if that matters) now whenever I have my headphones plugged in and music is playing WHENEVER I slide the keyboard in or out the music will pause. Every time I open the keyboard to text while playing music I have to hit the volume rocker to play the music again and vice-versa when I close the keyboard.

jadediris73

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
voice to text problem

My voice to text feature only works when my Samsung Focus v.1.3 is connected to wifi. I have constantly browsed Google on how to solve this,but I wasn't able to find any solution. I hope you guys can advise me on what to do. Thank you, and hope you all have a great day :)

supercain

Sep 21, 2011
Visit site
why wont ms let us customize our phones

I used to love WP 6.5 I used to be able to create things with it and change it the way I like. I know ms could make it possible for everyone. If they wanted to. But they are taking all the fun out of the os. Why the lock down. This is ms down fall. The os is ok. But it could be great. It should be easy to put custom ring tones. And it should be easy to change your start screen or home screen. Ms is always going to be 2nd or 3rd best as long as they keep these features. From the os. And android and I phone will always win. Yes mango did some good . But not great. Work on it MS.

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I used to love WP 6.5 I used to be able to create things with it and change it the way I like. I know ms could make it possible for everyone. If they wanted to. But they are taking all the fun out of the os. Why the lock down. This is ms down fall. The os is ok. But it could be great. It should be easy to put custom ring tones. And it should be easy to change your start screen or home screen. Ms is always going to be 2nd or 3rd best as long as they keep these features. From the os. And android and I phone will always win. Yes mango did some good . But not great. Work on it MS.

As long as Microsoft left the hooks in, it should be not difficult to add the "Alert Tones" section to the Settings. At least I hope they had enough forethought to do that.

Aeon2k

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Do NOT like the new IE, give me the old one back! The address bar belongs back on the top, with an option to hide it if I need more space. I want my favorites and tabs buttons back where they belong.
I spend lots of time in the browser so it's imo a key features.
I had the same feeling regarding the adress bar at the bottom, but I've gotten used to it by now. What I however still find annoying is the missing tabs and favorites buttons as well as the search on page function. In NoDo working with tabs and favorites was a lot more pleasant for me.
Also in landscape mode the permanent presence of the adress bar is awfull, just awfull. I loved the large screen estate that was possible in landscape and now a good portion of the bottom screen is filled with an unnecessary web adress.

Improvement suggestions (in normal mode):
- bring favorites and tabs buttons back
- re-introduce search in page (gotta admit I didn't use it frequently, but when I did it was a huge timesaver)

In landscape mode:
- hide the adress bar again, I want my large screen space back!

Another idea would be to have the adress bar in landscape mode disappear after a couple of seconds and being able to bring it back by tapping the bottom 1 pixel line area, but I'd prefer it being gone all the time as it was in NoDo.

Other than these (imo relatively easy to fix) issues the update was great. Improved speed and even smoother UI interaction (in almost all apps as well!) is great and I get a GPS fix much much faster now. This update is amazing.

Last edited:
L

lumic

On my HTC Arrive after I updated to Mango (forced update, if that matters) now whenever I have my headphones plugged in and music is playing WHENEVER I slide the keyboard in or out the music will pause. Every time I open the keyboard to text while playing music I have to hit the volume rocker to play the music again and vice-versa when I close the keyboard.
I would assume that the issue is that you haven't got the relevant drivers from HTC. I believe this was noted as a consequence of forcing the update.

On m yOmnia 7 the picture and time both show up instantly when I hit the power button.
Same thing here. It's possible that Samsung fixed it in their update.

david111

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
Email viewing bug

After the Mango update, opening an email causes distortion in the layout of the page.
While everything looks as it used to do in NoDo, there's now seemingly a programming bug somewhere in the code of that module. The layout distortion is such that the control arrows to move between the emails along with the letters from the keyboard get shadowed in the header area of the email. Sometimes it is even the body of the email (esp. with emails containing graphics, where it is clearly visible) that gets a shadowy reflection there.

To sum it up, everything works and looks the same as previously, except that now there is this shadow reflected in the upper part of the screen. Scrolling the screen just a little makes it disappear. It can then show up at particular intervals as your scroll down the page. The impression you have of the bug is that of text coming through the other side of the page in a double sided document. It is awful.

I HAVE tried rolling back NoDo and reinstalling.
Hard reset too to no avail.
---------------
I have the HTC HD7 running at O2 UK.
OS version: 7.10.7720.68
FW rev no:2250.21.40502.401
HW rev no: 0002
Radio SW ver: 5.69.09.29a_22.50.50.21U
Radio HW ver: A.102.0.D4
Bootloader ver: 4.5.2250.0(129185)
Chip SOC ver: 2.2.5.0
---------------

Has anyone had the same issue? It is not so clearly visible at first.

David

Jake_M

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The messaging app not capitalizing/VKB popping up when I slide open the physical keyboard bug is getting REALLY annoying really fast. That and the time not displaying instantly are my 2 biggest gripes. Not worth going back to NoDo though.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Mango has killed the battery life on both my wife's and my Arrives.

But I LOVE the update, so...off to buy 2 1900mAh batteries and hope for an update that will fix this.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Mango has killed the battery life on both my wife's and my Arrives.

But I LOVE the update, so...off to buy 2 1900mAh batteries and hope for an update that will fix this.

No updates cant fix your battery..

i dont get how somany people hjave battery life problems... MANGO BOOSTED MINE!!! :D:D hehe last an extra 3-4 hours now

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site

they are going for the SAME approached as Apple with a SIMPLE to use Smartphone.
and to be honest 80% of the people are happy with the METRO UI. last time we tried to change things up with CONCEPTS* people bashed the **** out of all fo them.

its funny how u say because of does lock downs they will never be more then 4-3 .. Iphone does it and they are Number 1/2... lol

We do have custom ringtones..you can make your own... get the app for it.

And as for MANGO nnot being great! lol you obviously missed a phew steps. we are not evan exploiting 20% of mangos Potential ( that 20% being new live tiles and 500 features .. and 80% related to new api access and silver light ect.. that we haven’t even seen yet!! waiting on DEVs to implement it......)

its like digging for GOLD and giving up after a 1 foot deep hole. LOL ;)

If you LOVED wm 6.5 you best bet would be to go with Android... Android is basicly becoming like WM or is liek WM ( customise , not user friendly , buggy )thats what Wm and android are.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12