Mango bugs/complaints thread

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
Yes that just happened to me. The letters would go away when I uninstalled apps, then reappear when I downloaded more. I now have less than 40 apps and its still there. I don't know...

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Is there any way to see what applications are sucking up data? I would like to see which applications use the most data and turn those off.
Have a wee lookie in Settings / Applications / Background tasks (Top of list) FriendOrDafoe.

You can enable or disable specific apps from running in the background.

That may be of help to you. :)

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
The one thing that I've noticed that I don't like so much, is that in SMS messages, sometimes you'll get links, and when clicked on, they will open in IE9, which is fine. Before Mango though, if I had multiple SMS messages with links, each link I clicked on would open a new tab automatically. This is no longer the case. When you click a link in an SMS, it opens in IE9. If you click a different link from a different SMS, it opens in the same tab, opening up the new page. Sometimes I click on several different links as I'm going through my SMS's and would like the ability back to be able to click on each link and have them all open in seperate tabs. Then I can read the story, or view the content, and close the tabs individually as I'm finished with them.

JBlack02187

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Can't use my phone as an alarm clock as other noises pop up during night.

I'm not sure what phone you have, but I have the Samsung Focus, and if you put the phone in Vibrate mode, the alarm itself will still sound. Same with music volume, if you have the phone in Vibrate mode, and you press the Volume up button, the volume still goes up from 0-30, but no alert tones, ring tones, etc will sound, but if you launch Zune and start playing music it still has the sound. I've tested this with the alarm and it works. It will still sound according to the volume level you have it set to, just make sure it's in Vibrate mode so that calls, texts, emails, etc don't give off the alert tones.

froesei

Oct 17, 2011
Visit site
This is an odd one - when I press the search button to enter the bing search app, the background image is tiny, and up in the top left corner of the screen. The rest of the screen is black. Anyone else?

Also, numerous app tiles, that have "live tile" capabilities go blank, and turn the colour of the theme I'm using. Such as, Facebook, IMDB, Birdsong.

*Unlocked HD7S*

crackerjack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I got a problem. After I did a forced Mango update on my HD7 my phone can't go a day without crashing and being stuck at the HTC screen. Forcing me to restore to factory settings. I know there probably isn't much I can do. But its getting frustrating.

It seems to freeze up when I load People or something with texting.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys I got a problem. After I did a forced Mango update on my HD7 my phone can't go a day without crashing and being stuck at the HTC screen. Forcing me to restore to factory settings. I know there probably isn't much I can do. But its getting frustrating.

It seems to freeze up when I load People or something with texting.

Installs fail, just a fact of computers. On NoDo mine lost all internal memory, so I couldn't open an app without filling the 13 MBs the phone thought it had and crashing the phone. Different issue but same solution...==> I received a warranty replacement.

pdcsylva

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes, the browser in WP 7 worked better than in WP 7.5. The old one seemed to be flawless - the new one fails to open many pages, loses the content when rotated, slow etc etc.
MS better jump on this ASAP.

crackerjack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Is a downgrade possible? When can I expect MS to release a version update? Since it was a bad install that would fix it right?

I know I'm new here and wont be around after my problem is solved but I really don't know what to do anymore. If it's not fixed soon I'm just going to get the 4s next week..

Because having my phone completely restore itself once every day (two days if im lucky) its terrible! It doesn't even feel like a smartphone anymore.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
You can use a previous backup through zune (the one you were supposed to make when you upgraded to mango). That's about your only choice.

I'm trying to understand the 'move to 4S', but if you got a new Windows Phone, wouldn't that solve your problem the same way the iPhone would? It's not like every Windows Phone does that.

bricot

Nov 15, 2010
Visit site
Battery life has > 1/2 of what it was prior to Mango update. Easily got 3+ days on the battery, Now 1.5 max. Wifi/Bluetooth on prior to update. Did update for included apps, new apps are: Ebay, Insider and Accuweather.

Pulled the battery, no affect. Reluctant to do a reset, but may do it anyway... anyone else?

crackerjack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
You can use a previous backup through zune (the one you were supposed to make when you upgraded to mango). That's about your only choice.

I'm trying to understand the 'move to 4S', but if you got a new Windows Phone, wouldn't that solve your problem the same way the iPhone would? It's not like every Windows Phone does that.

I know. I'd just like a NEW phone you know? Dropping a couple hundred dollars on a working OS seems kind of pointless. I'd rather something different.

WP7 is a great great OS though. I'm sure it will rival iOS by the time iOS6 is out.

On another note. How do you guys have so many posts? Don't you get sick of all the new people coming by asking questions then never returning? haha.

So my backup will return to pre-mango OS?

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
a lot of us are here to help out - we went through the same questions and it can be hard to just figure things out.

Yes, your backup will push you back pre-mango. From there you'll have to decide if you want to try the update again, or just sit on NoDo until you get a new phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo