Mango bugs/complaints thread

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've noticed (whist locked) the music player sometimes stops for no reason. If you leave it unattended, it sometimes resumes around 20 seconds later (sometimes).

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
I have one complaint so far with Mango. I have Picasa Metro and Flikr apps. When I go to share a picture, those apps would be there to automatically upload.
Now after Mango, that option is no longer there.

mattpga

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
my complaints

1. disappearing keyboard. intermittent.
2. skyrocketing data usage. from 300mb a month to 100 in 2 days. Have reinstalled mango as advised on other threads and will see how it goes.
3. as mentioned before, cannot have phone off while charging, just turns back on, altho this is not a mango issue.
4. only 20 people in a group. useless.
5. people hub only 3rd party app. so effectively useless as well as you dont get all updates.
6. tabs button gone.
7. being bounced out of marketplace to the app list when you download anything. annoying.

other than that its great :)

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
My MMS is a little strange. Attachments in MMS are going as doubles if I send one to myself. The email format has changed, and it takes getting used to. I cannot explain it, but it is different, yet it still works ok. If I had to try and explain it, it seems the emails go through as though you are having a conversation, like in your texts.

Last edited:

crackerjack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
so there is no back-up on my zune program even though I swear I did one. Can I do a filesearch to make sure? I don't know what keywords to search. I might have deleted it while trying to force the Mango update. I was stuck doing that for 15 minutes or so and was doing everything. 7.10.7720.68 is the last mango update correct?

Is there a premango backup I can find somewhere on the net?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
so there is no back-up on my zune program even though I swear I did one. Can I do a filesearch to make sure? I don't know what keywords to search. I might have deleted it while trying to force the Mango update. I was stuck doing that for 15 minutes or so and was doing everything. 7.10.7720.68 is the last mango update correct?

Correct

Is there a premango backup I can find somewhere on the net?

Unknown I will try to see if its still up somewhere

crackerjack

Oct 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks. I really appreciate it, I'm a pretty computer literate person and messageboards are like the end of the line for me if I run into problems.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that the music player issues are hardware related. An old problem I had on Nodo has reared it's ugly head again - volume goes down by itself and music pauses and plays by itself.

I have to say HTC really do build some junk (this is my second handset already)... although the next gen phones look promising.

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Anyone noticed with the dell venue pro that when the phone automatically rotates to landscape in messaging or email it doesn't rotate back to portrait mode unless you exit back to the homescreen.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
In the Mango beta, moving tiles around on my home screen was fluid. Now with the official release of Mango, I see that moving around is very jumpy and choppy. It's happened three times in two days.

kkuenstle20

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
HATE mango update

I have had so many issues since updating my htc hd7 with mango. I have 2 email accounts set up through my phone. Whenever I try to open either of them it goes to a black screen that says loading and then eventually just exits back to the main screen. I also can not get into my account settings. I get into settings just fine then when I click email+accounts it goes to a black screen then back to the main screen. My facebook chat doesnt work and whenever i try to go available it freezes up all of my messaging and I have to restart my phone or when I try to get into messaging it does the loading screen and then exits just like everything else. I havent heard of anyone having these same problems but I am not sure what to do.

monotok

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
With the facebook messaging I had to go into Settings > Messaging and then turn the Facebook chat toggle button on before it would work.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
You may need to try an uninstall of mango and revert back to NODO and then reinstall Mango. It sounds like something has put a glitch in your device with the email. Or you might try deleting your email accounts and then set thenm up again.

kkuenstle20

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The facebook chat is turned on and everything it says im signed in but then it completed freezes up my messaging and I have to restart my phone in order to be able to get back into my messaging so im not sure whats with that. with the email accounts I cant even reset them because it doesnt let me into the account settings again it freezes up shows a black screen then eventually goes back to the main screen. This is the second time I have installed mango to! I have had the same exact issues both times!

sumorabbit

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
When I reply or forward an email, I have issues. When I reply, only the original message gets sent back to the person, my message doesn't get sent. When I forward email, all the recipients get is a blank message, no content at all. This could be something I did or didn't toggle on or off, but I doubt it's normal, and it doesn't seem to be a widespread problem. Any input?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
The facebook chat is turned on and everything it says im signed in but then it completed freezes up my messaging and I have to restart my phone in order to be able to get back into my messaging so im not sure whats with that. with the email accounts I cant even reset them because it doesnt let me into the account settings again it freezes up shows a black screen then eventually goes back to the main screen. This is the second time I have installed mango to! I have had the same exact issues both times!

do you have amy third party apps installed perhaps something is not playing nice with messaging somehow.

Ivan006

Jul 14, 2010
Visit site
I've come to the conclusion that the music player issues are hardware related. An old problem I had on Nodo has reared it's ugly head again - volume goes down by itself and music pauses and plays by itself.

I have to say HTC really do build some junk (this is my second handset already)... although the next gen phones look promising.

I want to believe this (that it's a hardware issue), but I have an LG Quantum and I'm having this issue all the time since I've upgraded to Mango. Before it seemed to come and go (so I thought it was something I was (or was not) doing, but now it's happening a lot. I think there's a bug in Mango that's affecting the Zune player. The problem seems to happen to me whenever I play a podcast or music and then I shut off the screen. It seems like I have to exit the player portion of Zune and come back to the home screen, then shut off the phone. As soon as I unlock my screen, that's when all the weird stuff starts happening to me.

Anybody else having this issue with their phones, cause MS needs to fix this....or I need to take my phone into Bell (which is weird cause this didn't happen when I had Nodo and I've only had the phone for 10 months)?

Last edited:

Rocket_Girl

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
My Issues on the HTC Arrive:

* Text limit still 160; After that, it says, "message too long"

* When typing/texting, the first letter doesn't automatically capitalize.

* Keyboard backlight still dims after a couple seconds.

* IE9 tabbed browsing sucks. I like opening up multiple tabs when surfing so that I can go back to where I was initially. I hate not having the "tabs" button anymore. It is a pain going into the options.

* Hate that there is not a separate volume for media and Ringer volume.

* Facebook notifications should show as read whether you view them through your "ME" hub, or through the FB app.

* Facebook notification should take you to the mentioned thread when tapping on the incoming notification at top of device.

* I WANT TO SEE MY "TO-DO'S" ON THE CALENDAR HUB!!!! The calendar is one of the top features for me and others.

* Under "Albums", when you go to "People", you should be able to comment on those photos, just as if you were to open up a contact individually. This has to be seamless.

* One Note: Where is my option to delete when "pressing and holding" the tile icon when pinned to "Start"?

One Note: Why do I have to press the "Back Arrow" to save? That just means that I have to close my keyboard first, requiring an extra tap. Yes, an extra tap.

One Note: Why can't I delete the note when looking at the "tile icon" in the app? Why do I have to open the note to delete? I DON'T WANT TO HAVE TO USE EVERNOTE!!!

***Please Microsoft, fix these small issues. I post daily through my social networking sites pressing people to give Windows Phone a try. These are simple things that make a world of difference, things that will set YOU apart.

On Trophy, there is a check-box in settings for calendar hub... way at the bottom.. to show to-do's on the calendar. Easy peasy. This may be different on Arrive...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte