10-02-2012 08:40 PM
67 123
tools
    Same here. They were there a minute ago (well, yesterday) and now they're not. What's most annoying for me is, when I saw all my twitter contacts in the people hub, I filtered them out because it looked cluttered. Now when I checked the box again to stop filtering them, they haven't come back. I don't even WANT them there, but I'm unhappy because I CAN'T have them there. What's wrong with me?

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    LOL I sort of felt the same way but if you look into it more, now you can't mention people from their profile or link their twitter profile to a particular contact. I don't need the twitter contacts to be visible, but I still need them to be integrated with the phone.
    09-29-2011 02:27 PM
    My Twitter contact, yes singular, shows up just fine. I never used any of the betas and only ran official updates.

By the way, how do you group twitter feeds?
    09-29-2011 03:04 PM
    The twitter support team for windows phone acknowledged they are looking into the issue.
    09-29-2011 03:19 PM
    Are you guys still able to tweet from your Me Tile though?
    09-29-2011 03:23 PM
    I got my to reappear by removing the Twitter App and Twitter form Email+Account then soft rebooting and only reading Twitter thru Email+Account and not the app. If others who can't see the proper Twitter integration have the app loaded and get it to work by removing the app, then it may be a problem between Mango and the App
    oldpama1 and jonsmith89 like this.
    09-29-2011 03:33 PM
    I got my to reappear by removing the Twitter App and Twitter form Email+Account then soft rebooting and only reading Twitter thru Email+Account and not the app. If others who can't see the proper Twitter integration have the app loaded and get it to work by removing the app, then it may be a problem between Mango and the App
    I confirm this worked for me. I deleted the app earlier to no effect, but the reboot and/or deleting the email+account worked.
    09-29-2011 03:56 PM
    Posted 20 mins ago

WinPhoneSupport
    If you're not seeing your Twitter contacts in your People Hub, hang in there, we've got a team looking into it. Thanks everyone! ^BA
    09-29-2011 04:00 PM
    Shouldn't text+chat when viewing a twitter contact also have the option to send a direct tweet?
    09-29-2011 04:03 PM
    Thanks Alaera! Worked great!
    09-29-2011 04:08 PM
    Shouldn't text+chat when viewing a twitter contact also have the option to send a direct tweet?
    You can only DM with an app not with the integrated Twitter functionality. I recall this being a Twitter issue (no API access, I think) but can't locate the article at the moment.
    09-29-2011 04:28 PM
    API changes at Twitter caused the problem. Workaround Found.

http://www.windowscentral.com/mango-...rkaround-found

Delete Twitter account under Settings
    Power cycle phone
    Re-add Twitter account

:)
    09-29-2011 05:13 PM
    09-29-2011 11:48 PM
    So it want completely Microsoft's fault :D
    Good job fixing it so soon !
    09-30-2011 01:00 AM
    Great that this is resolved; just wish I didn't hard reset my handset and lose all my texts. Cest le guerre, though.

Sort of related: is there a way to force-sync twitter contacts that are added after you initially sync your phone? I've been waiting for a few to show up so I can add them to lists, but it's taking rather a long time.
    09-30-2011 04:00 AM
    Great that this is resolved; just wish I didn't hard reset my handset and lose all my texts. Cest le guerre, though.

Sort of related: is there a way to force-sync twitter contacts that are added after you initially sync your phone? I've been waiting for a few to show up so I can add them to lists, but it's taking rather a long time.
    You can always re sync the account from settings, this is what I do when I want to get a new FB contact loaded right away.
    kndoubleu likes this.
    09-30-2011 11:19 AM
    Is anyone else having this issue currently? Everything was working fine on my Lumia 900 until Saturday morning and now my Twitter contacts aren't showing. I've done the steps outlined here (delete Twitter, power cycle, re-add) a few different times and it hasn't helped. Any suggestions? Thanks.
    10-01-2012 09:28 AM
    Bumping the thread to see if anyone can help. Thanks.
    10-02-2012 08:40 PM
67 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD