twitter contacts missing from people hub

bignosir

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I don't think so. I've talked to a couple friends that linked up everything like I did and they're fine. Does everyone experiencing this protect their tweets?

lycosman

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
My contacts are also showing fine. I have an open account, not sure if that helps.

Even disabling Twitter on the contacts filter, associated contacts still show the "mention on Twitter" option in their profiles.

binlid1

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
I just added Twitter account to my Mango phone today.
No twitter contacts appear in my hub.
I checked the contacts filter and Twitter was unticked by default.
I ticked it. Still no twitter contacts in hub.
I went back to accounts and forced a sync of twitter account. Still no twitter contacts in hub.

What gives?

binlid1

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site
It seems like only people who link the twitter contacts got this prob ??
Since Rhody twitter contacts is fine

Not so. I never linked any twitter contacts as they have never shown up in my hub in the first place.
Force a sync of twitter account and nothing still...

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
Same problem. All of my Twitter-only contacts are gone and my contacts that also have Twitter accounts no longer show the "mention on Twitter option". It's not a huge deal but it is somewhat disappointing.

Hope somebody (who's not an idiot ;)) figures it out soon.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Just out of curiosity. Why would you want to have all your Twitter contacts in the people hub? o_O

I mean, regularly, people follow tons of [strangers] people on Twitter compared to having only friends (less than from Twitter) from Facebook (which is actually what Facebook is about). But of course, this is just a generalization and I'm assuming you have a long list of people who you're following.

Offtopic: What's the easiest way to mention a contact when posting a tweet? (Besides going to the People Hub and clicking on 'mention on Twitter')

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I have the same thing happen on my HTC Arrive but its probably to do with changes at Twitter than something with the update. Not going to worry about it at the moment and wait on some official information. I'll use a twitter app if I need to in the meantime.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
It's a big deal for me because a lot of group activity for some of my tiles comes from Twitter. Because of this, that activity doesn't land in the groups.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Same problem. All of my Twitter-only contacts are gone and my contacts that also have Twitter accounts no longer show the "mention on Twitter option". It's not a huge deal but it is somewhat disappointing.

Hope somebody (who's not an idiot ;)) figures it out soon.

Go to your contact's profile, tap on the link icon at the bottom of the screen - it should give you a suggestion based on your contact's name but if not, then tap on 'choose a contact' and it'll bring you ALL of your Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Messenger contacts (assuming you have already linked your accounts)

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Go to your contact's profile, tap on the link icon at the bottom of the screen - it should give you a suggestion based on your contact's name but if not, then tap on 'choose a contact' and it'll bring you ALL of your Twitter/Facebook/LinkedIn/Messenger contacts (assuming you have already linked your accounts)

When we do this, Twitter accounts don't show up. Thanks though.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Yikes, i'm in the same boat. I've had the dev mango for over a month with twitter integration working fine. Now, it's all gone. I had a "detroit lions" group set up with all the players' twitter accounts, and now the group is empty.

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Just out of curiosity. Why would you want to have all your Twitter contacts in the people hub? o_O

I mean, regularly, people follow tons of [strangers] people on Twitter compared to having only friends (less than from Twitter) from Facebook (which is actually what Facebook is about). But of course, this is just a generalization and I'm assuming you have a long list of people who you're following.

Offtopic: What's the easiest way to mention a contact when posting a tweet? (Besides going to the People Hub and clicking on 'mention on Twitter')

Most of us are just explaining that even when we un-filter our people hub, the twitter contacts do not show up. I can no longer link people to their twitter account because their twitter names do not show up at all, anywhere.

scottitude

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
^ Yep, what he/she said. Thing is, they were there yesterday and gone today and I didn't alter any settings or filter.

As for "why", I'm not a big fan of FB (never have been, never will be) and I communicate much more through Twitter than I ever would through FB.

My twitter "relationships" are built on common interests like webOS (and now WP7) TV shows, bands, Red Wings, hobbies, etc., and I'd rather have those strangers in my people hub than some douche-bag from high school whose friend request I may have reluctantly accepted and don't have the heart to un-friend.

It's a matter of preference; I know millions of people love FB but Twitter works better for my needs, interests, and time.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
^ I see!

Maybe I jumped too quickly to judge - lol I was curious too see if there was anything wrong with my Twitter contacts and voil? .. I could not find/link two of my contacts to their Twitter handlers, it just doesn't show up their names in my Twitter contact list! Crossing fingers it's not a bug and might delete my Twitter contacts like you guys are experiencing :(

penetronn

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Keep posting and hammering winphonesupport on twitter. I'd like to have them at least acknowledge that it's an issue. the last thing Microsoft needs is more bad P.R. about a bugged windows phone 7 update. they need to get on the horse and fix it pronto before it turns into a rallying cry for android and ios fanboys.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss