twitter contacts missing from people hub

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
Could it be that the Windows Live service that connects to Twitter has bugged out in some way? :-(

AFAIK, Windows Live hasn't brought back Twitter to its services per se (you know, when connecting services through your Windows Live account) but it's kinda confusing because when sending a tweet and you look at the service used for such tweet, it reads "WindowsLive" lol :confused:

Ledsled

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Might as well go ahead and say I can confirm this on my phone as well (HTC Surround)... no twitter contacts even with the filter option checked.

Quicky

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Same here. They were there a minute ago (well, yesterday) and now they're not. What's most annoying for me is, when I saw all my twitter contacts in the people hub, I filtered them out because it looked cluttered. Now when I checked the box again to stop filtering them, they haven't come back. I don't even WANT them there, but I'm unhappy because I CAN'T have them there. What's wrong with me?

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

juststart

Aug 23, 2011
Visit site
Same here. They were there a minute ago (well, yesterday) and now they're not. What's most annoying for me is, when I saw all my twitter contacts in the people hub, I filtered them out because it looked cluttered. Now when I checked the box again to stop filtering them, they haven't come back. I don't even WANT them there, but I'm unhappy because I CAN'T have them there. What's wrong with me?

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express

LOL I sort of felt the same way but if you look into it more, now you can't mention people from their profile or link their twitter profile to a particular contact. I don't need the twitter contacts to be visible, but I still need them to be integrated with the phone.

Wyn6

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
My Twitter contact, yes singular, shows up just fine. I never used any of the betas and only ran official updates.

By the way, how do you group twitter feeds?

Alaera

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I got my to reappear by removing the Twitter App and Twitter form Email+Account then soft rebooting and only reading Twitter thru Email+Account and not the app. If others who can't see the proper Twitter integration have the app loaded and get it to work by removing the app, then it may be a problem between Mango and the App

mrmeyer

Aug 6, 2008
Visit site
I got my to reappear by removing the Twitter App and Twitter form Email+Account then soft rebooting and only reading Twitter thru Email+Account and not the app. If others who can't see the proper Twitter integration have the app loaded and get it to work by removing the app, then it may be a problem between Mango and the App

I confirm this worked for me. I deleted the app earlier to no effect, but the reboot and/or deleting the email+account worked.

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
Shouldn't text+chat when viewing a twitter contact also have the option to send a direct tweet?

You can only DM with an app not with the integrated Twitter functionality. I recall this being a Twitter issue (no API access, I think) but can't locate the article at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leviwilkersion