10-03-2011 08:19 AM
33 12
tools
    Thank you for your response. I am seriously considering switching carriers so that I can get the Focus. If I am lucky, the Samsung S will release in 30 days and I can exchange the Focus for the second-gen device.

I am starting to like this platform, I really am. Your point on manufacturers implementation of the OS is well taken.
    i'm def geeked for the Focus S, but not even sure I need an upgrade, due to how well the Focus is doing. but the S is so shiny...
    09-30-2011 04:38 PM
    my camera never turns on by itself, my battery life is acceptible and as good a modern smartphone could be (android phones battery life sucks..period) I don't get what you mean with the haptic feedback thing. I like the internet on my phone doesnt lag or get hung up at all..I mean I'm not gonna talk you into liking the phone, you have to like it yourself. but I can say this: this "issues" you mention are more like minor gripes...go to android and I promise you that you will have more bugs and problems than you can count. Just take a look in any android forum and count the threads on problems.
    09-30-2011 04:55 PM
    my camera never turns on by itself, my battery life is acceptible and as good a modern smartphone could be (android phones battery life sucks..period) I don't get what you mean with the haptic feedback thing. I like the internet on my phone doesnt lag or get hung up at all..I mean I'm not gonna talk you into liking the phone, you have to like it yourself. but I can say this: this "issues" you mention are more like minor gripes...go to android and I promise you that you will have more bugs and problems than you can count. Just take a look in any android forum and count the threads on problems.
    Thank you for your note. If you've kept up with this thread then you will see that I am trying to stay with the platform, but not with the device :)
    09-30-2011 05:44 PM
    My fault,
    I thought you were going to an android device.
    09-30-2011 06:19 PM
    Have the focus. Screen is awesome. Don't like the plasticky feel, but in a case it's got some heft and feels better.
    09-30-2011 11:21 PM
    I have an htc arrive and love it. I've used several RIM devices, iphone for a couple years, HTC eco, and now the wp7 and do not see myself going back to any other platform.

Only problem I have isn't actually a problem, its a preference.. The screen size of the arrive isn't as big as I'd want. Otherwise I have not experienced any of the issues you listed. Sorry I couldn't be more help.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities
    10-01-2011 01:44 AM
    With the web browser as good as it is I'm not sure why you'd prefer to use banking apps instead of their website, with the exception of the take a picture of your check to deposit thing I've seen commercials for. Apps are good if they utilize some feature of the hardware. Otherwise, full-featured websites are the way to go now with IE9 on there. I thought the IE7 that came with WP7 was awful.

WP7.5 is lacking for me also, but for different reasons. If I can get the LG Quantum tethering hack to work I will keep it. If not it goes back to Amazon. Hidden SSID support is not there on the Quantum, which also is totally lame. Why this left up to the carriers is something I don't understand. Oh, and then there's the nice little error I get when trying to install *anything* from the marketplace. Oh, and Tasks are now synched with Exchange, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to actually access them. Yikes, they still have some work to do on this platform...
    10-03-2011 01:30 AM
    With the web browser as good as it is I'm not sure why you'd prefer to use banking apps instead of their website, with the exception of the take a picture of your check to deposit thing I've seen commercials for. Apps are good if they utilize some feature of the hardware. Otherwise, full-featured websites are the way to go now with IE9 on there. I thought the IE7 that came with WP7 was awful.

WP7.5 is lacking for me also, but for different reasons. If I can get the LG Quantum tethering hack to work I will keep it. If not it goes back to Amazon. Hidden SSID support is not there on the Quantum, which also is totally lame. Why this left up to the carriers is something I don't understand. Oh, and then there's the nice little error I get when trying to install *anything* from the marketplace. Oh, and Tasks are now synched with Exchange, but for the life of me I can't figure out how to actually access them. Yikes, they still have some work to do on this platform...
    Actually, I didn't think the browser (WP7) was all that great. The same sites that have excellent mobile experiences for iOS and Android look rather plan and some are even hard to navigate on WP7.
    10-03-2011 08:19 AM
33 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD