Mango ruined my battery life Forum

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
I can tell you, that my samsung focus, has been terrible with battery life! Maybe I am in the minority with the focus, but I have shut down almost everything to hold onto battery life. I wonder what the point having all these cool features on a phone if I have to basically shut all data coming into the phone. I am going to just be patient and wait it out though, because it may improve wit some further small updates from MS.

Elysium#WP

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
My Mozarts battery life has improved with Mango - It's holding about 2 days with quite a lot of usage, and thats good for me. If I'm using it constantly and on Wifi, 1 day is no problem. After that, I'll charge it anyways.

ShipWreck

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Yeah looks like Mango Has Messed up the Battery Life for Sprint Arrive. Mine is messed up now so is my wifes so I already have emailed HTC so I guess I need to email Sprint as well. Either HTC needs to come out with a Firmware update or Microsoft needs to push out a patch soon or something.. Either way those with Arrives looks like we will be charging our phones more often. I would advise everyone to send emails to Sprint and HTC.. Sprint needs to get off the pot and get more than one WP7 phone besides the Arrive HTC makes more that one so Sprint needs to get more models..

Last edited:

ShipWreck

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Listen Up! If you have a Sprint Arrive call in to HTC let them know that your having battery life issues. I'm on the phone with them now they said they were unaware of the issue that they would do some testing.. I also have put a call into Sprint they said they would look into it as well.. HTC I was surprise they were open on Sundays and was able to talk to a live person. Here their info...

HTC Mobile Phones - Customer Service - Hotline Support
HTC Support
866-449-8358
7 days a week
6am to 1am Eastern Time

Last edited:

ShipWreck

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Just a update I mainly charge my Arrive overnight using my PC and now my wife says her Arrive is back to normal. Difference is that she charges her phone using a normal wall outlet every night so I'm going to try that and see if that makes a difference.. Maybe something with Mango the phone not getting a good full charge going through USB instead of a normal wall outlet.. So I will try a wall outlet will let folks know if I see any difference..

TaliZorah

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Just a update I mainly charge my Arrive overnight using my PC and now my wife says her Arrive is back to normal. Difference is that she charges her phone using a normal wall outlet every night so I'm going to try that and see if that makes a difference.. Maybe something with Mango the phone not getting a good full charge going through USB instead of a normal wall outlet.. So I will try a wall outlet will let folks know if I see any difference..

I always plug my Arrive into a wall. Yesterday I let it COMPLETELY die and I recharged it overnight. I still get terrible battery life.

I have tried everything it seems and my Arrive's battery just won't get back to normal. I am not used to charging every night.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My battery seems normal right now. Which shocks me since I pretty much had take away all of the precautions I had in Nodo and went all out with Mango. I get less battery but is still pretty good now that the Mango hype is dying off and I use my phone more normally.

Snuuz

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
My pre-mango battery life was ~4-6 hours (I use my phone a LOT!) but after Mango it's been 2-3 hours! Today it seems to be back to normal again, thankfully!!

phaboman

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I'm having problems with my battery life on my Mangoed HTC Arrive on Sprint as well. I used to be able to get a solid 24 hours with moderate use.

Earlier tonight I drained my battery all the way down and then charged it with the HTC wall charger to 100%. It's been three hours now and it shows I'm already down to 83% with 12 hours to go. I've only had wifi on for 15 minutes to check something but it has otherwise just been idling around.

This is pretty bad and it seems like it's getting increasingly worse for some reason. I hope MS/Sprint come up with a solution with this soon.

wizll

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
strange. my arrive has been about the same or better since mango. go to work at around 9am, get home around 8pm, there's still about 1/2 or 3/4 battery left.

i have work email as it arrives, gmail 15 mins, live chat on, facebook chat on, handful of live tiles, podcast playing for 45 mins total for drive home to and from work, browsing here and there, one note syncing a few times a day, wifi radio always on.

SparkyUK

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I've installed Mango on my HD7, I've changed no settings from what I had before I installed Mango, and now my phone won't even get through most of the day.

Mine is on a UK network, so not related to what a lot of you are saying here, but I have definitely seen a heavier drain on the battery than pre-Mango. I had it fully charged at 9pm last night, took it off the charger, and at 6:30am this morning the alarm didn't go off as usual, because the phone had run out of battery and turned itself off.

I am not using the phone any differently to normal, but I am seeing about 50% less uptime than before. And this is with Battery Saver on!

ShipWreck

Jun 30, 2011
Visit site
Well so far it seems to be back to normal I always charge my device every night so I will see how things go the rest of the week.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm going to edit my OP since my Arrive's battery life is also back to normal as of 10/3/11.

Since I tried multiple fixes I will list everything done to the phone without any understanding if any of these resolved the problem or not, individually or collectively:

* Located every app listed in the Settings> Applications> Background Tasks> Advanced. Toggled on/off of all background tasks in each app in this list. Only left on my weather and WPCentral apps.
*Turned off all setting in the HTC app "Attentive Phone". Settings> System> Attentive Phone
*Recharged the battery until it was 100% charged
*Rebooted the phone

Last edited:

sanchezursua

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I noticed a new Battery issue with Mango on my HTC Arrive as well and jus asked my wife if she noticed one also. I had the Touch Pro 2 B4 the Arrive. I purchased an extra battery for that and a charger that charged my TP2 and extra battery at the same time. I always have an extra battery in wallet for a quick change out. Between insurance phones and my wife's phone I have 6 batteries total so I always have 2 in charge. I have a charger in my car and phone goes on it as soon as I get in car. I also carry a USB in my car in case I'm by a computer.

Yes, I have noticed my phone is dying by 1 or 2pm instead of 4 or 5pm B4 I can get it to a charger. I have been trying to look deep into the setting to see if I can figure it out, I do always turn WiFi off as soon as I leave house and have USB chargers in 3 strategic locations throughout the house. All that being said, it hasn't died on me yet, it has tried pretty hard.
I STILL LOVE MY HTC ARRIVE MANGO!!!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
I have a usb charger cable at the office and a wall charger at home and a car charger in my car I am in and out of my office all day but promarily charge the focus at home overnight but when I forget I can usualy skip charging at home every other day. I dont have facebook turned on all the time and have weather cahnnel key ring and acrobible as my only 3rd party apps. I get the same battery liafe as before the update.

phaboman

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Update to my last post. My battery life for whatever reason continued to get worse to the point where my estimated battery life at 100% was only 12 hours while IDLE. No background apps running. Two email accounts, one updating as they arrive, the other once every two hours. Disabled Facebook/WLM chat. Battery Saver on.

I got so frustrated that I decided to just reset my phone, which clears it but still have Mango installed. I reinstalled all the apps I had before, changed all my settings back to what I had before. Magically my battery life at 100% is back to 35-40 hours while idleing. Not really sure what the difference is but I'm just happy to be able to go through more than half a day again.

kylej1050

Jun 27, 2011
Visit site
An update on mine, I played probably 4 hours of burn the rope, a half-hour of talking, and a few texts yesterday and my battery was around 75% at 3(came off the charger at 6) and at that time I went into my math class. When the test was over at around 5 I left, pulled a warm phone out of my pocket with a blinking red indicator light :( I guess I'll have to airplane mode the thing in that class. It doesn't seem to suffer like that in my english class. So outside of that one class, battery life is exceptional!

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Yea...I think battery life has gotten better for me (and that's without turning on battery saver mode) or stayed the same, but hasn't gotten worse for me on my Arrive AFAIK. I come home with the same looking depleted battery icon I used to come home with pre-Mango before we had percentages in Mango.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
An update on mine, I played probably 4 hours of burn the rope, a half-hour of talking, and a few texts yesterday and my battery was around 75% at 3(came off the charger at 6) and at that time I went into my math class. When the test was over at around 5 I left, pulled a warm phone out of my pocket with a blinking red indicator light :( I guess I'll have to airplane mode the thing in that class. It doesn't seem to suffer like that in my english class. So outside of that one class, battery life is exceptional!

I'm seeing the same thing the only time I have battery drain like crazy is when I have a bad signal. Yesterday at the airport my Data crapped out and wouldn't come back I had to do a battery pull to get data going again. I'm thinking it's just because I am getting a bad signal at the airport or something. Then later just before my flight took off my data crapped out again I didn't have time to reset it before the flight took off so I thought it will be okay when we land I will be in a new area with better signal that should make my data signal come back. It didn't happen I had to pull the battery again to get data to work. durring that time I killed 2 batteries but I was playing games on the flight. Today in an average signal area I haven't had any issues and my battery lasted 10 hours without a charge and I even streamed the WPC Podcast through the WPC App. Sprint really fubared something in this update.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos