Mango update version question

Pedpole

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
I have a new HTC Trophy that I updated to Mango a couple days ago and have a few questions. First I have been unable to get custom ringtones working on the hone. They always show up in my music and video hub instead. Second issue I don't have an option to have text messages read. My firm ware revision number after the update is 2305.06.10322.605. I read that this number should be different than what mine shows. Could the update not have been done properly even though it siad it was complete? My carrier is Verizon.
thanks for any help.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
My trophy has a different firmware revision number. What's the OS version? Mango will be 7.10.7720.68. As far as ringtones you have to change the genre to ringtone in the music folder on the computer, then zune will recognize them as ringtones.

Pedpole

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. My OS version is 7.0.7392.0. I have tried everything to get the ringtones on the phone including changing the genre to ringtone, ringtones, changing the file from mp3 to wma and nothing works. This is my first smart phone and I am learning quite a bit with this update. Is it possible Verizon doesn't allow all the features from the update?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
You don't have mango yet. I got the version you are at Tuesday and I had to force the update to mango.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

Pedpole

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
After doing some reading other posts I see that is the issue. What I can't figure out is my son who has the same phone got the mango update and I didn't. We are on the same plan even and got the phones the same day. Verizon?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
After doing some reading other posts I see that is the issue. What I can't figure out is my son who has the same phone got the mango update and I didn't. We are on the same plan even and got the phones the same day. Verizon?

It is a staged rollout, they opened it up slowly at first to make sure there were not any issues. After sometime a larger percentage are notified and so on. You can force the update and the methods are available is many threads floating around the board.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos