No longer can text or make calls after mango upgrade - Samsung Focus

markk308

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey Guys,

I forced the mango update... i normally am patient but the hype and the excitement got to me. So, once i did this everything works great except the main fuctions of my phone - Texting and Calling. I tried restoring the previous software version to non mango build but i still am experiencing this issue.

Has anyone experienced this and resolved it? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn

jesdt

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Is there an occupied signal? Try to turn off mobile data -- I had this issue on NoDo, but I don't know if that was phone or carrier related.

markk308

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Not too sure. I'm pretty sure this has something to do with the carrier. I can sent a text and every once in a while they go through. Calls... Nothing. My data plan works. I just want to make sure there was nothing i can do before i go to the carrier for assistance. Would they fluff me off because i forced the update? I'm with a Rogers (Canadian). I did try turning off data usage but that did not make a difference. Geeze, everything else works though! Oh, i don't have Local Scout in my Bing area... Only voice, music, and scan. Thanks for the help though.

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
What kind of phone? My moms LG Qauntum does this from time to time. She has to remove the battery to get it functioning again.

markk308

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
IN case anyone has my problem is the future. My carrier is Rogers and i fixed the issue by doing a Diagnostic hard reset:

*2767*3855# - Full Reset (Caution every stored data will be deleted.)

WHen i did the Phone menu reset it did not fix the issue. Apparently, when you do it through the diagnostics menu or holding down volume, camera and power or some combination like that it does an even HARDER reset that digs deep.

So this fixed me issue. Now i can enjoy Mango! WOOOOT!!

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the update on this markk. I'll be sure to remember this if my moms phone degrades again.

Sent from something somewhere.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers