Was having a play with my phone and noticed that the Orange apps (despite being preinstalled with my Mango update) have dissapeared off the radar in the Marketplace?

Just wondering if someone else in the UK on Orange could confirm this? Hoping its for a Mango release (would be really nice to have a pin to start for Your Orange with mins/data etc). Either that a temporary Market issue or forcing the update has missed something?

Here's hoping!

Oh I'm on Omnia 7 (doubt that will make much difference).
    10-02-2011 09:07 AM
    Hi Shayman, I was in the same boat as you afew days ago here is what my situation was/is http://forums.windowscentral.com/1572383-post37.htm

As of right now it seems noone has any idea why this is happening, in my case both Orange Selects (or Orange Zone) and Samsung Zone were gone from my marketplace when i forced the update and had mango running on my phone. As i said in that thread i am gonig to be talknig to orange later as i have not been able to receive the new mango update officially and can only get it via force method, which i will not be repeating as it messed up my ability to sideload apps and the carrier customisation vanished.

Will keep you posted if i find anything new.
    sHAYM4N likes this.
    10-03-2011 07:25 AM
    Hi Shayman, I posted on this a few days ago, seems there are quite a few of us in the same boat, heres hoping Orange are sorting it out.
    sHAYM4N likes this.
    10-03-2011 08:56 AM
    Cheers for the replies :) Just got a reply, seems they are at least aware.
    spliffmonkey187 likes this.
    10-03-2011 09:38 AM
    Well just finished talking to orange and i made a post in that thread i quoted up there so feel free to go have a read. It seems not all levels in Orange are even aware of WP7 having an update or even how the update process is done between MS and the Carriers. Have a read of my report in that thread i hope you find it enlightening.

Try give them a call and tell them you want to speak to a customer Representative based in the UK and see what you can get out of them. But as far as the guy i was speaking to was concerned Mango is not official at orange and is likely still in testing. If Nodo is anything to go by it took them weeks to finally deploy the update once they felt it passed their scrutiny.

Not sure how people are getting it without the force method, but like i said in that thread my suspicion is that when you force the update the mango you get is an RTM version that is vanilla and not yet carrier customised, that might explain the missing Orange Selects & Samsung Zone that some of us have been experiencing. Would also be interesting to hear if people not experiencing the "vendor marketplace lost problem" have unlocked or locked handsets to their relative carriers.
    10-03-2011 09:45 AM
    Excellent read thanks for that spliffmonkey. I too thought it was the case that it wasn't an approved update, but I DO have Samsung Zone on there - just not Orange Selects..the other strange thing was that the Orange Apps are still there after a Hard Reset.

Steps I took
    1. Forced Mango update from NoDo (although THAT had been forced too at launch).
    2. After a play around with Mango on the upgrade - I reset the phone.
    3. Fresh working mango without any Orange Selects or Apps in the Marketplace but WITH "Your Orange", "Orange Wednesday's" and "Orange Maps".

Very Strange...wish they would get their act together - they've normally been pretty good for me.

Tempted to Roll back and see what happens, but don't want to wait too long :( I presume some people have had official Mango notifications from Orange then? The 10%?
    10-03-2011 10:36 AM
    Cheers for the replies :) Just got a reply, seems they are at least aware.
    At least they are aware of it and will sort it out, it's not a massive problem so I can wait.
    10-03-2011 02:38 PM
    Point is now, is it a massive problem? Will it require a hard reset to fix or will they fix over the air? They need to clarify before I start doing too much on my phone that I'm going to have to do again! I'm going to keep pestering them until they sort it. They will always treat us as second class by the mass of complaints they will get for other systems. WP7 won't get prioritised.
    10-04-2011 04:05 AM
    Well what an adventure.

Tried rolling back - Zune threw up a hissy fit, (can't remember the error number) then knacked my Omnia. Was stuck at the USB screen on a reboot - tried EVERYthing on the web and XDA no joy.

Was left with the option of calling Orange, or trying a flash myself back to stock (Have never flashed WP before) That seemed to work like a charm..and the state of play for updates since has been as follows...

Initial ROM 7.004...
    Zune Found & Allowed Update to 7.008...
    Zune reports 7.008 as up to date (No it isn't I shout repeatedly at the monitor)
    WiFi Forced to 7392
    WiFi Forced to Pre-Mango (Forget build number)
    Zune Finds and allows update to Mango which has just this second failed at 80090002 sigh...so I try again...

...this time success!! Mango and...Yup Orange Selects are there :)

Not sure if it auto found the Mango update after the "clean-up" update last time or if I had to force it again? Maybe thats the difference this time - Orange have put their final version on the servers?

Anyway just to make sure I am now hard resetting the device.

All done and as if by magic - Samsung Zone & Orange Selects have both dissapeared... I can't be bothered now!
    10-04-2011 01:10 PM
    Hang on... they're back on again! Looks like they must be fiddling somewhere! Is this for everyone?
    10-04-2011 01:12 PM
    Well what an adventure.

Tried rolling back - Zune threw up a hissy fit, (can't remember the error number) then knacked my Omnia. Was stuck at the USB screen on a reboot - tried EVERYthing on the web and XDA no joy.

Was left with the option of calling Orange, or trying a flash myself back to stock (Have never flashed WP before) That seemed to work like a charm..and the state of play for updates since has been as follows...

Initial ROM 7.004...
    Zune Found & Allowed Update to 7.008...
    Zune reports 7.008 as up to date (No it isn't I shout repeatedly at the monitor)
    WiFi Forced to 7392
    WiFi Forced to Pre-Mango (Forget build number)
    Zune Finds and allows update to Mango which has just this second failed at 80090002 sigh...so I try again...

...this time success!! Mango and...Yup Orange Selects are there :)

Not sure if it auto found the Mango update after the "clean-up" update last time or if I had to force it again? Maybe thats the difference this time - Orange have put their final version on the servers?

Anyway just to make sure I am now hard resetting the device.

All done and as if by magic - Samsung Zone & Orange Selects have both dissapeared... I can't be bothered now!
    Oh no! so resetting is causing the dissappearing problem ? Weird. Just wait a day or 2 till you calm down and do it again without the reset sHAYM4N. :(
    10-04-2011 01:14 PM
    No its all here now! Strange...came back. Seem to have Yahoo Mail and Orange Email account options back which I think may have been absent on my 'last' mango. Could someone check? Only thing missing is the actual orange apps in the marketplace, (they are still installed) but guessing they could be down for an update...

Sent from my OMNIA7 using Board Express
    10-04-2011 01:37 PM
    ...I think this could be a different Rom? :-)

10-04-2011 01:38 PM
    No its all here now! Strange...came back. Seem to have Yahoo Mail and Orange Email account options back which I think may have been absent on my 'last' mango. Could someone check? Only thing missing is the actual orange apps in the marketplace, (they are still installed) but guessing they could be down for an update...

Oh phew! that's not so bad then sHAYM4N :)
    10-04-2011 01:39 PM
    Also now have the wallpapers album which I didn't have before. Think those on Orange with problems and who updated early early... should have a check on these things. They may not have the final Rom.

10-04-2011 01:54 PM
    Also now have the wallpapers album which I didn't have before. Think those on Orange with problems and who updated early early... should have a check on these things. They may not have the final Rom.

Wallpapers ? Orange really spoiled you, all we got from 3 was a stupid 3 app that's a link to the mobile 3 site.

Oh and a stupid 3 loading screen which i got rid of, shhhh! Don't tell em! lol :)
    10-04-2011 01:57 PM
    Yehaw Your Orange now back in the marketplace with live tile!

10-04-2011 03:05 PM

Is that a happy Orange bunny i can hear ?

The future's bright, the future's Orange. ;) (Showing my age)
    10-04-2011 03:15 PM

Is everything still ok ? because I think it was when I installed the mangofied Your Orange that I lost the orange app store, the updated your orange doesent work properly either, well not for me anyway.
    10-04-2011 03:47 PM
    Oh don't spoil it for him mart280! Yikes! LOL
    10-04-2011 03:48 PM

So is the Orange app store still missing ?
    10-04-2011 03:52 PM
    I posted at the orange helpers twitter site and they said they are investigating the issues I raised and hope to have fixes asap.

I expect quite a few wp7 users are asking them the same.
    10-05-2011 06:13 AM
    I uninstalled Your Orange yesterday with the intention of re-installing but the market said it was unavailable or something and iif I tried through the phone via Orange World it said it wasnt for my phone version, these attempts were via wi-fi, tonight however away from my wi-fi your orange installed and works fully including the live tile which is great, but also the orange app store is back in the market place, so all is good.
    10-06-2011 02:56 PM