No love for WP7 in carrier stores?

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I experienced this both in a Verizon and AT&T store last weeks. I walked into both stores hoping to seek advice on buying a WP7 phone and noticed the following:

- no signage or advertising. All the love seems to be for Android devices (and the iPhone)
- very limited knowledge (sales associates) about the platform.
- there was a general sense of surprise when I expressed interest in a WP7 phone

I understand that this isn't the most popular platform, but with all the money that MS is putting behind WP7 , you would think that the carriers, hardware manufacturers, and Microsoft would do a little more in terms of in-store signage, training, etc.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
To be honest that's because WP7 came out last year and no knew phones came out. It wouldn't be logical to advertise those phone as anything other than budget phones.

AcCooper20

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
I had the same experience. The Verizon employee was trying everything he knew to try and convince me NOT to buy my Trophy. He said I would be bringing it back within two weeks because it was such a horrible phone and the WP7 software was so buggy. I cant even count how many times he said I should go with the iPhone. However, I knew better and just left and bought my Trophy online. I ended filing a complaint against the employee for being so biased and said that he cost their particular store a sale.

Dark Mirage

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
I was getting a simple flip phone for my mom the other day, and the woman setting us up at the counter commented on my WP. Apparently her teenaged son adores it (she said she's a fan too, but she's currently with an Android phone).

I thought that was pretty cool, as any time I pull out my phone people assume it's an Android for some reason. So there are phone people out there who like it. But, looking at the displays in her store, I doubt she would ever have a chance of selling one. There were absolutely zero accessories for any of the phones, and they were well overshadowed by the other selections. Not to mention someone had messed aorund with the tiles, making the front screen look like garbage with tiles strewn everywhere and a bunch of black gaps.

If Microsoft wants to win on the retail front, they need more phones. It's obvious that they're not being loud enough. They also need better control over demo units like Apple has.

mapexvenus

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I had the same experience. The Verizon employee was trying everything he knew to try and convince me NOT to buy my Trophy. He said I would be bringing it back within two weeks because it was such a horrible phone and the WP7 software was so buggy. I cant even count how many times he said I should go with the iPhone. However, I knew better and just left and bought my Trophy online. I ended filing a complaint against the employee for being so biased and said that he cost their particular store a sale.

Good for you! I hope Verizon takes that complaint seriously. If they don't believe in a phone then they shouldn't be selling it.

blackhawk556

Sep 7, 2011
Visit site
Nope, no love at att stores. They push they employees to sell iPhone and android. When new features are released, they don't support wp only android. Its obvious that att is a premier partner in name only. ,

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

DrSaiko

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I convinced one of my friends to get the HTC HD7. We visited 3 different T-mobile stores and they tried so hard to sell an android instead and they were so puzzled that we were so sure that all we wanted was Windows Phone period. It was pissing me off how bad these employee are!(lucky for me I bought mine online, so I didn't know it was this bad) I had to step in and said what i had in mind at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers