Updates in the People Hub

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Hey all,

Does anyone know the criteria that are used to pull FB updates into the people hub. Some of my friends on FB show up in the hub and others do not, though their status updates show up on FB site and in the FB wp7 app. It doesn't seem to be affected by any of the filtering options that I can see on the phone....so curious as to the way the decisions are made.

Any thoughts?

Cheers,

DavidM

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I don't know, why don't you make a Facebook Friends group? it will keep you up to date with your favorite ones and it will update much faster. ( Added the benefit of seeing updates in the tile )

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
The feed in the people hub is treated as a 3rd party application. If your friends have their setting to not show status updates to those, it will not show in the hub.

dnmartin98

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
@Dagolara...Interesting I didn't know that. I guess I am set okay as my status updates show up on my partners people feed.

Now when I go into someones profile in the people tab and swipe across to what's New it always shows me their updates though. So are these two things treated differently then? One a s a 3rd party app and one as not? Otherwise why the difference in presentation. Very peculiar....

KingCrimson

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
The feed in the people hub is treated as a 3rd party application. If your friends have their setting to not show status updates to those, it will not show in the hub.

I thought WP7 had deep integration into FB/Twitter/Linkedin? What's this 3rd party business?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
I thought WP7 had deep integration into FB/Twitter/Linkedin? What's this 3rd party business?

It has some, but not total. Just look at Twitter, there too are limitations with sending and receiving DM through the hub. No idea what if anything LinkedIn is missing since I don't use that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel