How to- Update wp7 to Mango (for those who could not force it)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Installed successfully. Now enjoying the fruity taste of Mango :D

Yes it takes a while and it is easy to get a bit impatient while its downloading. And at times I thought it had stopped but it was only temporary but it seemed a lot longer than it was

jhousden9

Oct 5, 2011
www.twitter.com
Yes it takes a while and it is easy to get a bit impatient while its downloading. And at times I thought it had stopped but it was only temporary but it seemed a lot longer than it was

I thought it had stopped for ages and got paranoid. All worked out for the best though :)

DonKabbara

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Htc hd2

Hello All
First and foremost, let me tell you that this post is an amalgamation of other posts (fellow user NINJAPP) & the official XDA forum. I thought of putting it all together so as to have all the information in a single place, which could be viewed by all. I would state that this process worked for me really well, and my device was on NODO.

Secondly, all the methods stated worked for me, and a few others, and although it seems a tough choice, since it could brick your phone, but at the same time if done properly, it could get you sooner to the update you have been waiting for all these days. Also, it allows you to make a backup of your phone, which you can always revert to.

I own a samsung Omnia 7, unlocked, which has a boot logo of T-Mobile Germany. I was waiting for the Mango update to become available to me, but it did not. I tried the force update method, which so many others got to work, almost 50 times, but to no avail.

And then I followed this method, and it worked like a charm. The trick is simple, try to install Mango RTM, and the update process in zune will directly take you to the official release.
LG Quantum users please read this article beforehand - Phone appears to hang on OEM boot screen when rebooting after the update to Mango (7661) - App Hub Forums

So this is how it works-
Caution: Do this at your own risk, no one is to blame if your update fails.

Prerequisites:

-Phone with Nodo (7392), Mango 7661 (Beta) or Mango 7712 (Developer Beta)
-Micro-USB cable
-PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C: (Only needed if you want to backup your device)
-external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space (for the backup)
-1.5 - 2 hours available to flash from start

Once sure, download the following Windows Phone 7 Mango Build 7720 RTM Update (7720.rar) Torrent - btjunkie using Utorrent or Vuze or any other torrent client. Don't worry, since its perfectly safe.

Follow these steps -
1. All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk. I will recommend to put all contents of the extracted Mango folder directly to C:/ (If you got enough available space) such as
C:/NoDoToRC
C:/RCToRTM
C:/Zune

2. Install the zune beta client version 4.8.2134.0 (comes with the downloaded file). If you have the zune version 04.08.2345.00 installed from before (or any other version) I would recommend to uninstall that version. Also, disconnecting the internet while installing the zune beta client helps since then it doesnt search for updates.
DURING THE UPDATE PROCEDURE FOR YOUR PHONE LATER ON, ZUNE WILL GIVE YOU A NOTIFICATION TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE, THEN YOU CLICK YES, and all will be good.

3. Run the flashing tool "updatewp" from the folder "update tool" install right version for your system, 32 or 64-bit

4. Connect Device via USB to the PC

5. Close Zune software if it opens when connecting

6. Open the "NoDoToRC" folder and run the file "ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe" with admin rights (right click on the file..)

7. The tool will now create a backup of the phone. This takes quite some time, depending on how much you have installed on your device.

8. The phone will reboot and start communication with a "special" update server. If necessary, enter the PIN code if it is activated on your device

9. Please dont close the update tool until it say its finished.

10. In the directory "C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Mobile Update,"there should be the newly created backup folder with a cryptic name. Please feel free to copy the folder to a secure location (external hard disk, etc.) and keep safe!
NOTE - AppData is generally a hidden folder, and if you cant find it, then change the layout settings in your computer to view it.

URGENT! - MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR PHONE BACKUP AT A SAFE LOCATION, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS EVEN, IF THAT GIVES YOU THE GIGGLES:)

11. Now start the Zune client (with your phone connected) and it will begin looking for updates.

12. Build 7403 will now be found and installed.

13. Once updated, Zune will search for updates again and will directly take you to the 7720 update (official release), and skip the 7712 update.

14. It will also install the cleanup update which was released just before mango, so as to remove any traces of beta installations.

15. Once my phone updated to mango, it did not list the samsung firmware update as being available for me. But it worked for NINJAPP, and also for a friend of mine who tried this method. It could be because I have a samsung omnia 7 from t-mob germany, and samsung still has not pushed out the update for them.
Anyways, if you have a HTC or any other samsung device, and if zune tells you there is another update available for your phone, just click install.

PS- Phone is working fine and all features of mango are available to me, even without the firmware update, wich will in any case come to me sooner rather than later.

16. Enjoy the fruit. Its yummy as ****.:)

Currently my phone shows this -

Software: Windows Phone 7.5
OS version: 7.10.7720.68

Will post a screenshot later if anyone asks for it.

If it works for you, please leave a comment behind.
Cheers!

hello i got htc hd2 with windows phone 7 .i want mango on it but i cant get it with zune software .cuzi ts hd 2 . but i changed the name into hd7 is it possible i get mango usingu r method?

DonKabbara

Oct 15, 2011
Visit site
Htc hd2

Hello All
First and foremost, let me tell you that this post is an amalgamation of other posts (fellow user NINJAPP) & the official XDA forum. I thought of putting it all together so as to have all the information in a single place, which could be viewed by all. I would state that this process worked for me really well, and my device was on NODO.

Secondly, all the methods stated worked for me, and a few others, and although it seems a tough choice, since it could brick your phone, but at the same time if done properly, it could get you sooner to the update you have been waiting for all these days. Also, it allows you to make a backup of your phone, which you can always revert to.

I own a samsung Omnia 7, unlocked, which has a boot logo of T-Mobile Germany. I was waiting for the Mango update to become available to me, but it did not. I tried the force update method, which so many others got to work, almost 50 times, but to no avail.

And then I followed this method, and it worked like a charm. The trick is simple, try to install Mango RTM, and the update process in zune will directly take you to the official release.
LG Quantum users please read this article beforehand - Phone appears to hang on OEM boot screen when rebooting after the update to Mango (7661) - App Hub Forums

So this is how it works-
Caution: Do this at your own risk, no one is to blame if your update fails.

Prerequisites:

-Phone with Nodo (7392), Mango 7661 (Beta) or Mango 7712 (Developer Beta)
-Micro-USB cable
-PC with at least 20 GB of free disk space on C: (Only needed if you want to backup your device)
-external hard drive or USB flash drive with up to 16 GB of free space (for the backup)
-1.5 - 2 hours available to flash from start

Once sure, download the following Windows Phone 7 Mango Build 7720 RTM Update (7720.rar) Torrent - btjunkie using Utorrent or Vuze or any other torrent client. Don't worry, since its perfectly safe.

Follow these steps -
1. All contents must be extracted to a local disk, not a backup/external disk. I will recommend to put all contents of the extracted Mango folder directly to C:/ (If you got enough available space) such as
C:/NoDoToRC
C:/RCToRTM
C:/Zune

2. Install the zune beta client version 4.8.2134.0 (comes with the downloaded file). If you have the zune version 04.08.2345.00 installed from before (or any other version) I would recommend to uninstall that version. Also, disconnecting the internet while installing the zune beta client helps since then it doesnt search for updates.
DURING THE UPDATE PROCEDURE FOR YOUR PHONE LATER ON, ZUNE WILL GIVE YOU A NOTIFICATION TO UPDATE THE SOFTWARE, THEN YOU CLICK YES, and all will be good.

3. Run the flashing tool "updatewp" from the folder "update tool" install right version for your system, 32 or 64-bit

4. Connect Device via USB to the PC

5. Close Zune software if it opens when connecting

6. Open the "NoDoToRC" folder and run the file "ISV_Provisioning_Live.exe" with admin rights (right click on the file..)

7. The tool will now create a backup of the phone. This takes quite some time, depending on how much you have installed on your device.

8. The phone will reboot and start communication with a "special" update server. If necessary, enter the PIN code if it is activated on your device

9. Please dont close the update tool until it say its finished.

10. In the directory "C: \ Users \ <user> \ AppData \ Local \ Microsoft \ Windows Mobile Update,"there should be the newly created backup folder with a cryptic name. Please feel free to copy the folder to a secure location (external hard disk, etc.) and keep safe!
NOTE - AppData is generally a hidden folder, and if you cant find it, then change the layout settings in your computer to view it.

URGENT! - MAKE SURE YOU BACKUP YOUR PHONE BACKUP AT A SAFE LOCATION, MULTIPLE LOCATIONS EVEN, IF THAT GIVES YOU THE GIGGLES:)

11. Now start the Zune client (with your phone connected) and it will begin looking for updates.

12. Build 7403 will now be found and installed.

13. Once updated, Zune will search for updates again and will directly take you to the 7720 update (official release), and skip the 7712 update.

14. It will also install the cleanup update which was released just before mango, so as to remove any traces of beta installations.

15. Once my phone updated to mango, it did not list the samsung firmware update as being available for me. But it worked for NINJAPP, and also for a friend of mine who tried this method. It could be because I have a samsung omnia 7 from t-mob germany, and samsung still has not pushed out the update for them.
Anyways, if you have a HTC or any other samsung device, and if zune tells you there is another update available for your phone, just click install.

PS- Phone is working fine and all features of mango are available to me, even without the firmware update, wich will in any case come to me sooner rather than later.

16. Enjoy the fruit. Its yummy as ****.:)

Currently my phone shows this -

Software: Windows Phone 7.5
OS version: 7.10.7720.68

Will post a screenshot later if anyone asks for it.

If it works for you, please leave a comment behind.
Cheers!

hello i got htc hd2 with windows phone 7 .i want mango on it but i cant get it with zune software .cuz its hd 2 . but i changed the name into hd7 is it possible i get mango using ur method?

Desdemona

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Hi Donkabbara
Could you elaborate a little bit? Yes you can use this method, but changing names (how did you do that?) is not necessary!

jeffmparker

Nov 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I did this with my HTC HD7, and now that I need to talk with the supplier about another issue, they say that my warranty is voided because I forced the update. To me, this is utter bull. What do others think?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss