GD DUST PARTICLES! How do you install a screen cover?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just literally killed five screen covers trying to get them on without any dust. I'm about to punch myself in the head.

Other than applying it in a vacuum sealed room, what is the best way to do this without wanting to bludgeon yourself????????????????

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
Air purifier?

I usually don't try to put screen protectors on at home since I have cats and carpet. Newer offices might be a less dusty place, which is where I put mine on last time and I don't notice any dust under mine. Maybe in some stores, too, like Walmart or the mall.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Put a little Baby Shampoo on it. Just a very small amount watered down and make sure none gets in to the speaker holes or anywhere that can cause damage. Then once you have it set where you want it use a Credit Card to Squeegee all the extra watter out. Now if you just knew were to get some Baby Shampoo?!...lol

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Why would you want a screen cover with gorilla glass? I've had my Nokia N8 with gorilla glass for over a year and don't have any dings in it.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
Why would you want a screen cover with gorilla glass? I've had my Nokia N8 with gorilla glass for over a year and don't have any dings in it.

i wondered that for a while too (DVP over here). but, then i decided to give it a try just to see what i really thought about using a screen cover and, what I found is that, while the screen cover will eventually get scratched up (unlike the gorilla glass) and need to be replaced, in the meantime i am having to spend far less time de-smudging my screen as the gorilla glass seemed to really LOVE fingerprints and was very reluctant to allow me to remove them quickly and easily. now, when the screen gets smudged a quick wipe with a shirtsleeve or a tissue usually does the trick. so, for that benefit alone i have decided that i now officially like screen covers. :cool:

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
i wondered that for a while too (DVP over here). but, then i decided to give it a try just to see what i really thought about using a screen cover and, what I found is that, while the screen cover will eventually get scratched up (unlike the gorilla glass) and need to be replaced, in the meantime i am having to spend far less time de-smudging my screen as the gorilla glass seemed to really LOVE fingerprints and was very reluctant to allow me to remove them quickly and easily. now, when the screen gets smudged a quick wipe with a shirtsleeve or a tissue usually does the trick. so, for that benefit alone i have decided that i now officially like screen covers. :cool:

Aw smudging! I didn't realize a screen cover stopped that. You're right gorilla glass does smudge. :cool:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
im still screen and scratch less on my phone :) screen protectors are to much of a pain int he *** to put on....

go in your car(clean area , probly LOL ) . use glasses cleaner( or tv cleaner ) put it from the bottom up while sliding your CARD to take all out air bubbles

and now that i recently got glasses :( i always have a screen protector so smudges come right off.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Could be worse - I have a speck of dust under the screen on my Mozart.

if there's one thing every phone maker should do, it's attach the screen DIRECTLY to the glass a la the iPhone 4 (and I'm sure others do it too). better viewing, no dust issues.

As for gorilla glass, apparently my phone has it but it doesn't seem anywhere as tough as gorilla glass I've had on other phones. Maybe I've got chimpanzee glass instead!

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
So the do is does have Gorilla Glass? Saw an article that said it didn't.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Could be worse - I have a speck of dust under the screen on my Mozart.

if there's one thing every phone maker should do, it's attach the screen DIRECTLY to the glass a la the iPhone 4 (and I'm sure others do it too). better viewing, no dust issues.

As for gorilla glass, apparently my phone has it but it doesn't seem anywhere as tough as gorilla glass I've had on other phones. Maybe I've got chimpanzee glass instead!

yeah dust under my screen happened to me on samsung OMNIA 2 , had to send it in for repairs. they sent it back nice and clean untill 1 month later till they came back :(

So the do is does have Gorilla Glass? Saw an article that said it didn't.

the FOCUS has gorila glass.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I tried the screen protector on my Focus and it seem to be more of a problem than it was worth. Made the screen not look as good. Plus it does have Gorilla glass and I have dropped it face down and there is not a single noticable scratch on it. Amazing stuff really.

RumpRoast

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
I have installed screen protectors on every phone I've owned regardless if the screen was made of gorilla, plastic or glass. What i found works is turning on the shower to hot and get the bathroom somewhat steamy and install your screen protector there. The condensation and steam helps push the floating dust particles to the ground. Should take no more than 30 sec to install. Good luck

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss