Now we know why Sprint has no love for WP7

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
I hope it works out for Sprint. I'd hate to see them go out of business.

But it's a big risk they're taking. This was probably something they should have done over a year ago. It might be too little, too late now.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
sprint is a launch partner for wp7. I doubt they will have a big turnaround seeing that their Ev data speeds are slower than even the smaller carriers such as USCC/Cellular south and cricket/metroPCS. even worse they promised me my data issues would be resolved by 9/30, well it isn't, its been 8 mos now. WTF sprint? how hard can it be to fix a dam tower?

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
sprint is a launch partner for wp7. I doubt they will have a big turnaround seeing that their Ev data speeds are slower than even the smaller carriers such as USCC/Cellular south and cricket/metroPCS. even worse they promised me my data issues would be resolved by 9/30, well it isn't, its been 8 mos now. WTF sprint? how hard can it be to fix a dam tower?
call them up again or call the Airave support team.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Of course it's only speculation, but I just read that Sprint is the only carrier getting the iPhone 5. AT&T and Verizon are getting the iPhone 4S. Next year AT&T and Verizon will get the iPhone 5 with LTE.

Will $20B Apple Deal Net Sprint an iPhone 5 Exclusive?

It is just like Sprint to jump on the iPhone bandwagon as people are passing them by. They make the worst decisions. If they didn't have the best plans, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. Right now, I'm waiting to see which carrier gets the best next-gen WP devices.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
If they can snag iPhone 5 exclusive [which I think is a dumb rumor], sprint just won. That would be the best decision they ever made.
It is just like Sprint to jump on the iPhone bandwagon as people are passing them by. They make the worst decisions. If they didn't have the best plans, I would have jumped ship a long time ago. Right now, I'm waiting to see which carrier gets the best next-gen WP devices.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
call them up again or call the Airave support team.

I tried that back in April and they wanted to charge me for it so I said no deal. plus my high speed internet connection at home isn't consistent anyway because we always have trouble paying the bill. I shouldn't have to get an airvana in order to be able to receive the speeds advertised, especially since I get average signal in my house. I didn't have to use an airwave/vana last year or even the year before to get the advertised speeds. why should I have to now? and who know if it would even make a difference.

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
If I owned Sprint stock, I would sell it. They just bet $20 billion to get a 3g version of the iPhone that isn't even a major upgrade from the previous one. That was a HUGE gamble.

In a way I wish them success, because I want to see a low-cost carrier stick it to the big guys. But I have a hard time believing this insanely huge investment will will ever pay off.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

nyquistjack

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
If I owned Sprint stock, I would sell it. They just bet $20 billion to get a 3g version of the iPhone that isn't even a major upgrade from the previous one. That was a HUGE gamble.

In a way I wish them success, because I want to see a low-cost carrier stick it to the big guys. But I have a hard time believing this insanely huge investment will will ever pay off.

Sent from my HD7 using Board Express

Exactly my thoughts. If they were just getting the iPhone and keeping the rest of their business the same they may have been ok, but they are twisting the whole business around. They killed the premier program, slashed their 30 day return policy to 14 days, raised their smartphone plan rates, and their customer service, which just 6 months ago was willing to do anything to keep me happy, now they are fighting me tooth and nail over a difference of 5 days on the return policy leaving me stuck with 2 nightmarish android phones.

Everyone has the iPhone now...so it won't bring in any new customers. Because of their newly lousy customer service and lousy phone selection I finally went in to ATT to compare plans. Surprise surprise...we will SAVE $20 a month at ATT on our 4 line family plan. Plus they actually have phones that aren't Android.

Once I offload these stupid EVO 3Ds I am going to suck up the ETF and get a WP7 phone from ATT. Hopefully at that point the mighty Titan will be there.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Exactly my thoughts. If they were just getting the iPhone and keeping the rest of their business the same they may have been ok, but they are twisting the whole business around. They killed the premier program, slashed their 30 day return policy to 14 days, raised their smartphone plan rates, and their customer service, which just 6 months ago was willing to do anything to keep me happy, now they are fighting me tooth and nail over a difference of 5 days on the return policy leaving me stuck with 2 nightmarish android phones.

Everyone has the iPhone now...so it won't bring in any new customers. Because of their newly lousy customer service and lousy phone selection I finally went in to ATT to compare plans. Surprise surprise...we will SAVE $20 a month at ATT on our 4 line family plan. Plus they actually have phones that aren't Android.

Once I offload these stupid EVO 3Ds I am going to suck up the ETF and get a WP7 phone from ATT. Hopefully at that point the mighty Titan will be there.

-- Sent from my HP TouchPad using Communities

Cool! I'm tempted to switch to AT&T myself. Being the USA's biggest & most compatible GSM carrier has its advantages. I figure I'll wait until the end of the year, to see what Nokia & others might have for T-Mobile.

jrdatrackstar1223

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Cool! I'm tempted to switch to AT&T myself. Being the USA's biggest & most compatible GSM carrier has its advantages. I figure I'll wait until the end of the year, to see what Nokia & others might have for T-Mobile.

I'm right there with ya.....still giving Sprint until the end of the year until I jump ship if I see no new phones coming to them and they stay on the iPhone and Android kool-aid.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss