I entered the Bing Local Twitter Sweepstakes the other day and tonight they PMed me saying that I was one of the five winners!!! The prize is a Samsung Focus with Mango pre-installed. While this may not be one of the new WP7s, I'll still take it. I have yet to purchase my own Windows Phone (still on WM6.5), so if nothing else, I may just use it via WiFi for the coming months until Verizon releases a worthy device. My contract on Verizon doesn't end until the end of November, anyway. Any suggestions?
    10-03-2011 11:13 PM
    Congrats!
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    10-03-2011 11:14 PM
    I unlocked a Focus for tmobile, I'm sure you can do the same on Verizon.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    10-03-2011 11:21 PM
    If you're not planning to activate it, I would sell it on eBay. Brand new in box is going for $200+. You can use that money for your next upgrade :)
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    10-03-2011 11:22 PM
    Congratulations!

You will need a SIM card. If you call AT&T you can order a pay as you go SIM card, it's only about $6.76 mailed to you. If you go to an AT&T store, they will first try to get you to sign a contract, even on a phone bought outright, then if you continue to press for a pay as you go SIM card, they will try to charge you $60 for it.

It's a nice phone!
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    10-03-2011 11:28 PM
    Would my SIM card from my Imagio work? It is a Verizon global phone, so it came with one. However, I'm not sure if I can use it on other carriers. I've been on Verizon since before 3G existed, so I've never had to actually mess with SIM cards.

The eBay option sounds really, really good, but I don't know if I'll be able to resist the Mango-ey goodness.
    10-04-2011 01:17 AM
    Verizon is CDMA in the states not GSM. So sorry to say you can't use Samsung Focus on Verizon.
    10-04-2011 09:30 AM
    Verizon is CDMA in the states not GSM. So sorry to say you can't use Samsung Focus on Verizon.
    Yeah, I knew Verizon wasn't an option, but my Imagio has a Verizon SIM card built in (for global use). I was wondering if it was transferable to other carriers if I put it in my Focus.
    10-04-2011 03:35 PM
    I unlocked a Focus for tmobile, I'm sure you can do the same on Verizon.
    no he will not be able to use it on vzw. My advice: look into prepaid. H20 Wireless has $60 unlimited plans a month and are compatible with AT&T devices.
    Judge_Daniel likes this.
    10-05-2011 08:07 PM
    https://www.h2owirelessnow.com/pageC...php?page=index

Try that instead. And your sim MAY work but the focus would have to be unlocked. Can't guarantee that myself
    10-05-2011 08:10 PM
    Thanks, cckgz4, but according to their map, they don't have very much coverage in my specific part of Texas. I just got my Focus in today! I'm so excited! I have it just set up on WiFi right now. I'm in the middle of updates (hopefully I won't have to force the Mango) right now, so hopefully within the hour I'll be able to delve pretty deep in WP7!
    10-10-2011 12:39 PM
    Congrats!

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    10-11-2011 12:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD