WindowsPhone: Getting started!

VernonEL

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Great Post!!

Se1f, Great Post!!

You really did a great job compiling together many of the most-asked questions from users just getting their Windows Phone devices. It will really help people out.

My only question is: How long did it take to go through and spell everything correctly?! It looks great!!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Se1f, Great Post!!

You really did a great job compiling together many of the most-asked questions from users just getting their Windows Phone devices. It will really help people out.

My only question is: How long did it take to go through and spell everything correctly?! It looks great!!

ROLF!! , well i started working on this thread a long time ago , but to get it done the way it set up now is all thanx to TheWeebear and Dave for helping me with TIPS on cleaning it up :p lol. and other people sending me feedback regarding Dead links and spelling helped allot :p lol :)

but id say a good Week of ON and OFF work :p

thanks for the feed back :)

blitz inc

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I've had a Samsung Focus since January 2011 and was thinking about upgrading to a Lumia 900. Some unboxing videos I've seen show the new phone downloading pre-purchased apps after it was linked with the Windows Live account used on their previous WP device. Does this mean all of the stuff from my old phone will be synced to an upgrade? Or will have to do that manually? If so, can I do it through Zune on my laptop (I'd like to avoid uploading all of my files to the Skydrive if I could)? Thanks for your input!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Hey BLitz Inc

Welcome to WPcentral :)

anything you have sync with your ZUne Media will automaticly re-sync to your new phone ,

but games and apps need to be re-downloaded one at a time . sadly you lose ALL your saved data.

you can get the app: re-instaler , it helps you find all your games and apps and re-download them fast , or you can also see all the apps/gams on the ZUNE player on your PC.

Miscellaneous Rant

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Click to view quoted image

Don't forget to vote in the poll or leave feedback please! thank you :)

Hello Windows Phone Family or soon to be members :)

Basically I’m going to be breaking down a few things related to WP in General that are not that OBVIOUS and hopefully help some of you out in the proses.

First things first:
If you have questions, here at WPcentral we have a GREAT community and most of us are willing to help and answer any question you may have. So don’t be Shy :)

Don't forget to support your own family by Downloading the WPCENTRAL APP! (lol)

If we cant help you you can try Home - Microsoft Answers or here Microsoft Support
If you have any Complaints’ OR Suggestion you would like to share with MICROSOFT you can try here: Customer Feedback for Windows Phone

If your looking for local WP members you can try our NEW WP meet up section

General information related to WP.

1: Syncing your WP (PC, MAC and Contacts)
2: Apps , games and Development!:
3: Battery, tips and tricks:
4: Updates: General information(break down of features):
5: Unlocking your Windows Phone:
6: Hardware & SD cards:
7: UH OH! I broke my phone!!:
8: Customizing your WP:
9: Metro UI
10: Miscellaneous( Privacy, Ecosystem, Easter Eggs)
11: Diagnostic Menu and tweaks:
12.WindowsPhone: FAQ
13.Everyting Mango including How To's, Update Information
14.Not so well known WP7 functionality: windowsphone
15:.How to get the most of your Windows Ecosystem

If you Have any Questions or Feedback, Please post them in their appropriate Threads. thanks :)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Added: (updated April 19th 2012,)

- Diagnostic Menu and tweaks:
- no so well know functions:
- WP , FAQ
- mango how too's
How to get the most of your Windows Ecosystem

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows Phone Battery Life

I've owned Lumia 710 for 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks I was a heavy user, of course, being a first time WP owner. In the 3rd week I went extremely heavy discovering a game I really liked. I mean I played like there was no tomorrow.

During the first 2 weeks 100% full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 1 day 3 hours. Good.

After week 3 to my surprise 100% full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 9 hours. What!

So, I started searching the Internet for similar battery life issues and found many. Being a wanna be statistician. Now, what are the variables that can cause a battery life cycle to drop so fast?

Too make a long story short.
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

During the 4th week I restricted my use on WP and gradually the stats returned to 1 day 3 hours.

Problem solved!!!
Bet you did not know statistics could be so much fun!

;)

Miscellaneous Rant

May 6, 2012
Visit site
I must have read it wrong. People are claiming that their battery has DIED due to Mango? That's just ROTFLMAO.
I've owned Lumia 710 for 4 weeks. The first 2 weeks I was a heavy user, of course, being a first time WP owner. In the 3rd week I went extremely heavy discovering a game I really liked. I mean I played like there was no tomorrow.

During the first 2 weeks full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 1 day 3 hours. Good!

After week 3 to my surprise full charge on battery saver estimated time remaining: 9 hours. What!

So, I started searching the Internet for similar battery life issues and found many. Being a wanna be statistician. Now, what are the variables that can cause a battery life cycle to drop so fast?

Too make a long story short.
How to Prolong Lithium-based Batteries - Battery University

During the 4th week I restricted my use on WP and gradually the stats returned to 1 day 3 hours.

Problem solved!!!
Bet you did not know statistics could be so much fun!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism