Hidden Wifi Settings with No Password

Madpig

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I'm running Mango on an HTC HD7.

At work I'm trying to connect to our hidden wifi. I type in the SSID but then the phone asks for the password. The problem is that my company does not use a password, instead there are other settings that need to be adjusted. However, the phone will not let me continue the setup with a blank password which means that I have to cancel out. iphones are able to connect.

Has anyone else had to deal with this?

Thanks!

Madpig

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
No, you understand correctly. The problem is that there are other security settings that need to be adjusted besides the password. However, I can't get to these other settings because I can't get past the password screen. I'm not sure why it's asking for a password when we don't use passwords on our wifi.

The security protocol is WPA2-Enterprise. Does Mango support it?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I tried a hidden WPA2 security setting and connected ok, (passworded) but don't have a WPA2-Enterprise on my D-Link router so couldn't try that for you.

What's the difference may i ask Madpig ?

It's not the cipher type AES is it ? I have that.

Actually when i try to set up an open wireless network, the minute i set it to WPA2 it asks me to create a key/password.

Last edited:

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I know nothing about wireless encryption as you can see Bearach, so i am now enlightened, thank you. LOL :)

Never too old to learn are we ?

Now, what does this button thing with a windows logo do on my phone ? Hmmmm

Madpig

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
This must have something to do with the order in which the wifi is setup. On the iphone you enter in the ssid and then you make your changes. On wp you enter in the ssid but then it asks for a password right away. The problem is there is no password for the wifi. Instead, I need to be able to enter in my corporate network username and password.

HerronScott

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
WPA-Enterprise uses 802.1x authentication by a radius server. It provides a user account certificate based authentication. Which is what makes it different from WPA Personal.

802.1x wireless authentication can also use computer-based certificates which is what our work uses. From what I can gather Windows Phone 7 does not support EAP-TLS but does support PEAP-TLS.

Scott

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo