The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-14-2011 10:05 PM
72 123
tools
    Here are some non UI things I would like

Be able to delete multiple photos
    Shortcut to toggle BT, WiFi, etc
    Custom alert tones, not just ringtones
    Ability to MMS video
    Real turn by turn Navi
    Ability to group apps into one hub
    Facebook not to be considered a 3rd party app so everyones post show on my phone
    Skype, but I'm sure it's a matter of time
    Larger storage, or expandable storage

Seems like I can think of a million things till I try to list them all lol.
    10-07-2011 06:22 PM
    Ditto. Can't see how having more color choices would screw up metro ui.
    10-07-2011 06:23 PM
    Telenav from sprint, on all smarphones, is turn by turn. Works fine for me.

I want:

Custom alerts and email tones, for each person to like the ringtones can be done.
    Led alerts for everything and customizable.
    Email option to download html automatically.
    Able to attach saved office files to email, NOT just skydrive links. (frankly any file to be attached)
    Email group by email senders, NOT the title which doesn't work sometimes.
    Video settings need to be saved on exit, not go back to vga settings.
    Better bing searches, it misses stuff and locations google gets every time.
    Able to create custom folders or collections in the pictures hub, not just "everything there".
    I don't know if you have mango or not but you can save video settings now
    And you can create folders in the pictures hub, and camera roll. It's kind of a pain and you can't do it on the phone but here is the way to do it that someone wrote out

Ok, I just took the time to figure this out lol.

Well depending on what your phone's sync settings are set to the process may differ a little. But say you have it set to Items I choose

1. Go to the Pictures folder on your desktop, then select from(your device name) that folder contains all the picture content from your phone.

2. Once inside, you will see all the main picture folders from your phone (excluding skydrive and etc.) You can either create a new folder here or keep moving and click on camera roll to place ur new folder within ur Camera Roll folder.

3. Once inside the folder Camera roll, create a New folder and name it.

4. Now fill it with desired content by dragging and dropping from the photos within the camera roll itself, or whatever source you choose.

5. Now within Zune go to your collection and then click photos. Not under your phone's collection, but from Zune itself, that Collection.

6. Now you should be able to see the folder(s) which you just created on your desktop, there on the left hand side under albums. (You may need to toggle the side arrow icon beside the album name for a drop down sub list to appear).

7. Now drag and drop to your phone Icon in the bottom left hand corner, let phone sync, and enjoy!

Just know that you will need to delete those pictures you put into the folders off of the phone through Zune first before you sync the folders, or they will be in the folder and in the cameral roll. Also if you delete them through Zune after you sync the new folder, then they will all be deleted from both places and you would have to put them back on your phone. This was awesome for me as I love to take pics and have over a thousand and hated trying to go through them to find one to show or whatever. Plus I discovered that you can delete multiple photos off of the phone through Zune. I think they need that option on the phone itself.
    10-07-2011 06:26 PM
    First off this isn't a thread to say what you don't like about the OS. It was intended to simply say I love my device and just want to see it grow. With updates in the future you can't just do nothing. This is a thread for what you would like to see in the future is all. If you don't like what people put in the thread then why are you reading it just to complain yourself? No reason for anyone to be negative and I don't think too many people have been. Nothing wrong with looking ahead and giving your opinion on what you would like Microsoft to do in the future. Every OS needs growth. Whats so wrong with people saying what growth they would like to see.
    10-07-2011 07:41 PM
    Major priority for me: Music & video features at parity with Zune HD. Especially the UI.
    10-07-2011 10:29 PM
    we got 500features and it still not enough, they should have made 600 features!!!! lol like it would have change anything.. NOT!L
    Of course 500 features are not enough, that's why Tango I, Tango II, Apollo are coming! It's like fashion, it will NEVER stop evolving and thus new features will be coming, whether you like or not.

Again, isn't WP slogan "Put People First" ??? Let the people choose want they want and do not force them. Hey, you don't like customization, fine, don't enable it! Simple. Hey, you'd like to change a color, add a background on YOUR phone because YOU feel like it, go ahead, it's YOUR phone.
    10-07-2011 11:56 PM
    On my htc arrive, video settings WILL NOT save, so htc issue I guess.

Nothing wrong wanting customization, no need to be retarded and lash out against others wants just because you don't use it. The more MS adds to this OS, the less anybody can detract from the OS and it will only STRENGTHEN the OS. So don't use the custom tones, that is fine, but don't b***h at others that want it. Sheesh
    10-08-2011 12:17 AM
    On my htc arrive, video settings WILL NOT save, so htc issue I guess.

Nothing wrong wanting customization, no need to be retarded and lash out against others wants just because you don't use it. The more MS adds to this OS, the less anybody can detract from the OS and it will only STRENGTHEN the OS. So don't use the custom tones, that is fine, but don't b***h at others that want it. Sheesh
    I have no problems saving camera settings.
    10-08-2011 05:27 AM
    Custom alert tones for text (I want to use one of the alarm tones so it wakes me up when I'm on call!)

Scott
    10-08-2011 10:37 AM
    Turn by Turn GPS - not Turn by Tap by Turnaround you missed it.
    Customizable Ringtones that includes ALERT sounds
    Skype - you OWN it....why are we the last to get it? WTF
    10-08-2011 07:28 PM
    Customizable Ringtones that includes ALERT sounds
    Skype - you OWN it....why are we the last to get it? WTF
    Agreed, the ability to customize all alert tones is a must. Regarding Skype, the US FTC only approved the acquisition on June 17th, way too late to integrate Skype into Mango. In Europe, the EU just gave approval. So be patient!
    10-08-2011 07:54 PM
    wireless Zune sync has been present since even before NoDo
    When I said "Wireless zune sync, without plugin" I mean without connecting to cpu nor plugin in to charger. I think its call manual sync over wifi. Idk if you had it or not but the zune hd had this feature and although its like a pure unneeded accessory it was still as I said before "sweet".

Sidenote: I'm def with u on the public transit thing. All the apps i got for public transit kinda suck.
    Last edited by d03jke; 10-13-2011 at 12:02 AM.
    10-12-2011 11:55 PM
    When I said "Wireless zune sync, without plugin" I mean without connecting to cpu nor plugin in to charger. I think its call manual sync over wifi. Idk if you had it or not but the zune hd had this feature and although its like a pure unneeded accessory it was still as I said before "sweet".

Sidenote: I'm def with u on the public transit thing. All the apps i got for public transit kinda suck.
    There is a Wireless Sync. Plug your phone into your PC, and go into Settings>Phone in Zune. You'll see Wireless Sync.

I can't get it to work on mine though.
    10-13-2011 12:13 AM
    When is Tango coming out?
    10-13-2011 01:01 AM
    next spring
    10-13-2011 05:35 AM
    When do you think they will showcase the features?
    10-13-2011 10:58 AM
    February
    10-13-2011 02:39 PM
    There is a Wireless Sync. Plug your phone into your PC, and go into Settings>Phone in Zune. You'll see Wireless Sync.

I can't get it to work on mine though.
    Nah thats not the "manual sync" like the hd. That the wireless sync that work if you are charging your phpne to a wall charger and have your laptop or desktop powered on. In ten minutes it will open the zune software and allow you to sync your phone. So its not really wireless just the wire isn't connected to your laptop.
    10-13-2011 05:27 PM
    Notification screen please alot of great ideas on this board lets make it happen
    Zune Social and better Xbox Live integration

If you compare Windows phone 7 with last generation Xbox and you look at sales and everything Xbox was getting squashed by Sony PS (iPhone) and Nintendo GC (Android) but it offered stronger hardware and better services.

If you look at this generation Xbox is second place world wide and 1st place in America why because it focused on services such as Xbox Live and provided great variety in games and this is what I think Windows phone should do focus on excellent services and software to take back that market share from iPhone and iOS especially with a unified platform Windows 8!
    10-13-2011 05:37 PM
    I would like to have this addition to Bing Vision

If I scan a barcode an Album such as Mobb Deep - **** on Earth once I see the information I want a link to the marketplace so I can download it via Zune Pass.
    10-13-2011 11:53 PM
    I have no problems saving camera settings.
    Ok questions:

Do you do anything in the camera app to make it save, or just exit and it saves?

What build mango are you on?

Did you do RTM hack or wait for full release?

Thanks.
    10-14-2011 04:12 AM
    Nevermind, I didn't hit save. For some reason missed it. lol
    10-14-2011 10:05 PM
72 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD