What you want to see in Tango

staindgrey

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
- Custom alerts (NOT ringtones; they're different)
- ZuneHD UI. I like the Mango update in the music player, but the original used on ZuneHD is still better. I miss it.
- More colors, or at least more options.
- A Microsoft-made remote desktop app that I don't have to pay $6 for just to get really limited functionality.
- 3rd party app access to the splash screen for updates.
- Ability to combine tiles to remove some clutter. I mean, I could put "Me", "People" and "Facebook" all into one tile, that would then take me to a separate tile page to choose between them. I'd like that very much, since I'm kind of OCD about my home screen. It'd also give me a chance to bundle up the apps I rarely use under one tile, so I don't have to scroll through the huge list just to get them.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
There's an interesting concept shown for windows phone8 with mini tiles a regaular size square tile with 4 mini tiles inside the tile and you can group stuff

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
lots of misinformation here, time to correct it.

Text reflow in IE
text reflow isn't needed as the text auto resizes to the screen. I don't have problems reading anything as a result.
- Ability to combine tiles to remove some clutter. I mean, I could put "Me", "People" and "Facebook" all into one tile, that would then take me to a separate tile page to choose between them. I'd like that very much, since I'm kind of OCD about my home screen. It'd also give me a chance to bundle up the apps I rarely use under one tile, so I don't have to scroll through the huge list just to get them.
its already like this.

Wireless zune sync, without plugin would be sweet. the Zune hd had this but not so much for mango. I'd love to get that back.

wireless Zune sync has been present since even before NoDo.

I personally would just like to see public transit guidance in Bing and Skype. yahoo integration may be possible since MS is considering buying them again.

DontHate707

Jan 3, 2011
Visit site
I'd like to see like everyone else some more customization, ability to change the size of tiles and the info they display, and next time I hit the volume key and the volume menu drops down the ability to swipe over to toggle 3g WiFi etc. I'd like to be able to select different backgrounds instead of just black and white, I personally think lives background would look great on wp7. Obviously major bug fixes with mango, there def more and ill add on to my post when I think of anything.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
lots of misinformation here, time to correct it.

text reflow isn't needed as the text auto resizes to the screen. I don't have problems reading anything as a result.

No, it doesn't. On Android, once you pinch zoomed in, double tap, the text is reflown to fit the screen so that you don't have to pan around.

Auto zoom via double tab is not nearly enough.

Another thing Tango has to improve on is customization, especially the home screen. I mean, no wallpaper? That's just pathetic.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
Telenav from sprint, on all smarphones, is turn by turn. Works fine for me.

I want:

Custom alerts and email tones, for each person to like the ringtones can be done.
Led alerts for everything and customizable.
Email option to download html automatically.
Able to attach saved office files to email, NOT just skydrive links. (frankly any file to be attached)
Email group by email senders, NOT the title which doesn't work sometimes.
Video settings need to be saved on exit, not go back to vga settings.
Better bing searches, it misses stuff and locations google gets every time.
Able to create custom folders or collections in the pictures hub, not just "everything there".

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
No, it doesn't. On Android, once you pinch zoomed in, double tap, the text is reflown to fit the screen so that you don't have to pan around.

Auto zoom via double tab is not nearly enough.

Another thing Tango has to improve on is customization, especially the home screen. I mean, no wallpaper? That's just pathetic.

did u read my post? guess u didn't,I said that the way text is rendered makes it so u don't have to pan around. I don't have to do this on any of the sites I goto. now lets hope u read it this time. here I even bolded it

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
did u read my post? guess u didn't,I said that the way text is rendered makes it so u don't have to pan around. I don't have to do this on any of the sites I goto. now lets hope u read it this time. here I even bolded it

Obama is well liked by the tea party. See, I can bold things too, doesn't make it true. :)

How is what ie9 did different from what safari did? There are tons of complains about the lack of text reflow on the iphone. Luckily, alternative browsers are widely available over there.

Now, maybe you got a big screen phone and maybe you are younger than me, so I can perfectly understand it's not an issue for you. But I got old eyes and so are a lot of people. I find both iPad and Macbook air lacking in term of text reflow (command+ is not as convenient as pinch zoom), are you telling me it's easier to read things in ie9 than on those devices?

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
Obama is well liked by the tea party. See, I can bold things too, doesn't make it true. :)

How is what ie9 did different from what safari did? There are tons of complains about the lack of text reflow on the iphone. Luckily, alternative browsers are widely available over there.

Now, maybe you got a big screen phone and maybe you are younger than me, so I can perfectly understand it's not an issue for you. But I got old eyes and so are a lot of people. I find both iPad and Macbook air lacking in term of text reflow (command+ is not as convenient as pinch zoom), are you telling me it's easier to read things in ie9 than on those devices?

y en cojos would u bring Obama into this? that was just idiotic, I have an HTC Arrive at the standard sized screen. I actually can read better in IE9 than I could in opera mobile on my TP2 which had text reflow.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I want it to tell me if I am going to need an umbrella for the day or not. Joking of course, but I want to see deep customization from the start screen colors, background, live tile colors, all alert tones, etc. More Social network intigration. Tiles that contain groups of similar apps. The ability to delete multiple photos from the camera roll. Turn by turn GPS. On that note, I am very happy with Mango but know there is more good stuff coming down the pipe. I will support them even though things I would like to see aren't here yet but they are doing a great job so far IMO.

Vulak'Aerr

Jul 20, 2011
Visit site
Custom Hubs might be nice, but I hope they don't take it too far. Resizeable tiles is a horrible idea and I hope that's not implemented for a long time to come.

What I want most is customisable alerts, but more than that I want international support for ALL of the Bing goodies. The U.S.-centric outlook from Microsoft is infuriating.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
id liek to see us take advantage of Mango before getting into tango lol

but just so you guys know.. DO NOT get your hopes up for tango its a simple NODO update that’s gona MOSTLY be for the Asian market... (and maybe a phew mango fixes)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
A proper shortcut to wifi/BT/toggles, the ability to set Google as search engine in IE9 rather than Bing because some of us prefer it, improved WP Connector for Mac, and GPS location-aware tile stacks. What do I mean? OK, say you're home - you want xbox live, a newsreader, personal email. On your commute you want travel news, transit maps, maps. At work you want work email, Office, Calendar.

Basically, you set what tiles you want pinned by location, and the phone reads where you are from the GPS and shuffles your start screen accordingly. The tech is more or less all already there, but it would be an absolute stand-out feature.

caliborn

Nov 14, 2009
Visit site
Read all the posts in this thread....so basically you all want Windows Mobile(all the customization you can deal with) with some lipstick(the metro UI), correct?

If I wanted to spend all damned day customizing different ringtones for my contacts, selecting different backgrounds and tile colors, etc....I would have stayed with WM6.5....the whole point to WP7 is "to get in and get on with your life".....some of you are clearly missing this with your wants...

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Read all the posts in this thread....so basically you all want Windows Mobile(all the customization you can deal with) with some lipstick(the metro UI), correct?

If I wanted to spend all damned day customizing different ringtones for my contacts, selecting different backgrounds and tile colors, etc....I would have stayed with WM6.5....the whole point to WP7 is "to get in and get on with your life".....some of you are clearly missing this with your wants...

Some of us like to play with our gadgets as well. Just because I want to change the way the start screen looks does not mean I can't get in and get out and on with life. I want the option to customize it to my tastes. It's fine that you don't want to spend time doing that, stick with the stock option. And really, how long does it take to change the colors or back ground? Not very long, that's how. No one would be forcing anyone to take the time to do that, you can still check your threads, email and get out.

The reason people are wanting this customization right now is because there is so much good with the OS as is. Of course there are plenty of other "useful" things people are mentioning as well, but I guess you didn't read those posts. Don't get me wrong, there are many things that MS can still do to improve the OS but obviously people want to change the way things look on their phones.

And for all those that want to customize the start screen, there is an app that allows you to create those customized screens but they are just for play, they do not save or work as the start screen. It is still cool to play with and see what kind of things that could be possible if MS allowed us to control those options on our phone. Check it out. it's called "Phone 8" I have nothing to do with this so I am not plugging it for any other reason than it's kind of fun.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos