What you want to see in Tango

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Some of us like to play with our gadgets as well. Just because I want to change the way the start screen looks does not mean I can't get in and get out and on with life. I want the option to customize it to my tastes. It's fine that you don't want to spend time doing that, stick with the stock option. And really, how long does it take to change the colors or back ground? Not very long, that's how. No one would be forcing anyone to take the time to do that, you can still check your threads, email and get out.

The reason people are wanting this customization right now is because there is so much good with the OS as is. Of course there are plenty of other "useful" things people are mentioning as well, but I guess you didn't read those posts. Don't get me wrong, there are many things that MS can still do to improve the OS but obviously people want to change the way things look on their phones.

And for all those that want to customize the start screen, there is an app that allows you to create those customized screens but they are just for play, they do not save or work as the start screen. It is still cool to play with and see what kind of things that could be possible if MS allowed us to control those options on our phone. Check it out. it's called "Phone 8" I have nothing to do with this so I am not plugging it for any other reason than it's kind of fun.

Its sounds like Allot of people should be using an Android.....and not a WP7...
i dont understand how people can have so many complaints about the phone THEY USE....
why would anyone buy it if they think so many things need to be changed to fit their needs..?
and dont say lack of research cause that would be your fault...

its in our Human Instincts to complain i think?

we got 500features and it still not enough, they should have made 600 features!!!! lol like it would have change anything.. NOT!

lol we would still have this thread with 3 pages LOL

Last edited:

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Some of us like to play with our gadgets as well. Just because I want to change the way the start screen looks does not mean I can't get in and get out and on with life. I want the option to customize it to my tastes. It's fine that you don't want to spend time doing that, stick with the stock option. And really, how long does it take to change the colors or back ground? Not very long, that's how. No one would be forcing anyone to take the time to do that, you can still check your threads, email and get out.

The reason people are wanting this customization right now is because there is so much good with the OS as is. Of course there are plenty of other "useful" things people are mentioning as well, but I guess you didn't read those posts. Don't get me wrong, there are many things that MS can still do to improve the OS but obviously people want to change the way things look on their phones.

And for all those that want to customize the start screen, there is an app that allows you to create those customized screens but they are just for play, they do not save or work as the start screen. It is still cool to play with and see what kind of things that could be possible if MS allowed us to control those options on our phone. Check it out. it's called "Phone 8" I have nothing to do with this so I am not plugging it for any other reason than it's kind of fun.

I understand you wanting customization, as you're a member of this forum and, thus, tech savvy. However, I believe the percentage of people who want this level of customization, or who can technically do it without screwing things up, is relatively low.

I think of it like this: WP is like Facebook, and WinMo was like MySpace. People could really screw up their pages on MySpace. They didn't know how to mix background images, background colors, and text colors. They made their pages into places most people wanted to avoid. There is a reason the highly customizable MySpace is nearly dead while Facebook is going strong. This is simlar to how WinMo began to die as the simple-but-elegant iPhone came on the scene.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
i dont understand how people can have so many complaints about the phone THEY USE....
why would anyone buy it if they think so many things need to be changed to fit their needs..?

we got 500features and it still not enough, they should have made 600 features!!!! lol like it would have change anything.. NOT!

If Android was as smooth as Windows on a single core processor and if the phone was less than $100 prepaid, then for sure I would be using Android. :)

The Quantum is just so much smoother than Optimus One. For $80, why not? But I probably won't pay much more than that for such a rigid system. It's the little things, but it's our human instincts to be in control.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
If Android was as smooth as Windows on a single core processor and if the phone was less than $100 prepaid, then for sure I would be using Android. :)

The Quantum is just so much smoother than Optimus One. For $80, why not? But I probably won't pay much more than that for such a rigid system. It's the little things, but it's our human instincts to be in control.

right and ur not on android so stop whining because u can't change a battery or signal icon.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
right and ur not on android so stop whining because u can't change a battery or signal icon.

What are you talking about, I can change battery just fine. This is not an iphone. :)

This is a "what you want to see in Tango" thread. What's the point of being here if I am not to whine? Why do people get so defensive all the time? WP7 is still a great platform, it just has its problems just like every other OS. Do you want to see a list things I think WP7 is great? I got more than a few of those too (although I like to list those in the Android forum instead). If I worked for M$, I would be thankful that people are whining about the little things. I can't imagine customizable background or ring tone is that hard to implement. Now, Cisco Leap authentication, that might be harder, but also would be invaluable if wp7 wants to get into the professional market.

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
What are you talking about, I can change battery just fine. This is not an iphone. :)

This is a "what you want to see in Tango" thread. What's the point of being here if I am not to whine? Why do people get so defensive all the time? WP7 is still a great platform, it just has its problems just like every other OS. Do you want to see a list things I think WP7 is great? I got more than a few of those too (although I like to list those in the Android forum instead). If I worked for M$, I would be thankful that people are whining about the little things. I can't imagine customizable background or ring tone is that hard to implement. Now, Cisco Leap authentication, that might be harder, but also would be invaluable if wp7 wants to get into the professional market.

Be careful what you say here, remember that wp7 has no flaws and if another os does something better or different you should just leave wp7 and buy that instead. /sarcasm

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site

I meant battery indicator icon. u can have any wallpapers on the lock screen,but having a background on the actual start screen can take away from the metro aspect a little bit.it's not a big deal I dont even think I had a background on my tp2

gentry33

Mar 13, 2011
Visit site
I still would like true mms. I think it's a major pain in the a** to have to send video, sound and sometimes even pics via email. Exchanging phone #'s a **** of a lot easier than exchanging email addresses, and sending media via text is also much simpler than attaching to an email. This is one feature all the other smart phones ( and most feature phones ) have.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site

Trust me, I am quite happy with my phone and wouldn't switch to android if you paid me. MS will never make everyone happy as you well know. I don't use my phone for work so my wants wont be the same as someone elses. I am not complaining here but I was responding to someone who said and I quote

"Read all the posts in this thread....so basically you all want Windows Mobile(all the customization you can deal with) with some lipstick(the metro UI), correct?
If I wanted to spend all damned day customizing different ringtones for my contacts, selecting different backgrounds and tile colors, etc....I would have stayed with WM6.5....the whole point to WP7 is "to get in and get on with your life".....some of you are clearly missing this with your wants... "

I think we all for the most part get the point of WP and that is why we have chosen it over the others. For my needs, it couldn't be much better, but other people have other needs. Lipstick and rouge are not all I want. It seems to me though that there is a considerable percentage of people who would like either more color option or a lot of customization options. I do not think that it's a bad thing as I do as well.

My opinion is that they are doing a pretty damn good job with the OS so far and I know it will only get better, and like you said, the complaining will never be stopped. I just don't like someone saying my wants aren't valid because they aren't theirs.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
I understand you wanting customization, as you're a member of this forum and, thus, tech savvy. However, I believe the percentage of people who want this level of customization, or who can technically do it without screwing things up, is relatively low.

I think of it like this: WP is like Facebook, and WinMo was like MySpace. People could really screw up their pages on MySpace. They didn't know how to mix background images, background colors, and text colors. They made their pages into places most people wanted to avoid. There is a reason the highly customizable MySpace is nearly dead while Facebook is going strong. This is simlar to how WinMo began to die as the simple-but-elegant iPhone came on the scene.

I get what your saying and your probably right, then they would complain about how hard it is to do or something along those lines. I guess I don't see why they can't add more color choices at least. I mean, there are three different shades for every color, just look at the People tile as it switches. I personally get bored easily and change my colors scheme quite often, depending on my mood but never use the white background, can't stand it. With all the live tiles that are coming out now, my start screen probably looks nothing like anyone elses really.

Maybe make it idiot proof with a limited, but larger than now, number of choices that can't really be screwed up lol. Some people mention making the tiles different sizes and I think that is a horrible idea and it doesn't go with the Metro theme at all.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Here are some non UI things I would like

Be able to delete multiple photos
Shortcut to toggle BT, WiFi, etc
Custom alert tones, not just ringtones
Ability to MMS video
Real turn by turn Navi
Ability to group apps into one hub
Facebook not to be considered a 3rd party app so everyones post show on my phone
Skype, but I'm sure it's a matter of time
Larger storage, or expandable storage

Seems like I can think of a million things till I try to list them all lol.

Airanp

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Telenav from sprint, on all smarphones, is turn by turn. Works fine for me.

I want:

Custom alerts and email tones, for each person to like the ringtones can be done.
Led alerts for everything and customizable.
Email option to download html automatically.
Able to attach saved office files to email, NOT just skydrive links. (frankly any file to be attached)
Email group by email senders, NOT the title which doesn't work sometimes.
Video settings need to be saved on exit, not go back to vga settings.
Better bing searches, it misses stuff and locations google gets every time.
Able to create custom folders or collections in the pictures hub, not just "everything there".

I don't know if you have mango or not but you can save video settings now
And you can create folders in the pictures hub, and camera roll. It's kind of a pain and you can't do it on the phone but here is the way to do it that someone wrote out

Ok, I just took the time to figure this out lol.

Well depending on what your phone's sync settings are set to the process may differ a little. But say you have it set to Items I choose

1. Go to the Pictures folder on your desktop, then select from(your device name) that folder contains all the picture content from your phone.

2. Once inside, you will see all the main picture folders from your phone (excluding skydrive and etc.) You can either create a new folder here or keep moving and click on camera roll to place ur new folder within ur Camera Roll folder.

3. Once inside the folder Camera roll, create a New folder and name it.

4. Now fill it with desired content by dragging and dropping from the photos within the camera roll itself, or whatever source you choose.

5. Now within Zune go to your collection and then click photos. Not under your phone's collection, but from Zune itself, that Collection.

6. Now you should be able to see the folder(s) which you just created on your desktop, there on the left hand side under albums. (You may need to toggle the side arrow icon beside the album name for a drop down sub list to appear).

7. Now drag and drop to your phone Icon in the bottom left hand corner, let phone sync, and enjoy!

Just know that you will need to delete those pictures you put into the folders off of the phone through Zune first before you sync the folders, or they will be in the folder and in the cameral roll. Also if you delete them through Zune after you sync the new folder, then they will all be deleted from both places and you would have to put them back on your phone. This was awesome for me as I love to take pics and have over a thousand and hated trying to go through them to find one to show or whatever. Plus I discovered that you can delete multiple photos off of the phone through Zune. I think they need that option on the phone itself.

JAStark27

May 14, 2011
Visit site
First off this isn't a thread to say what you don't like about the OS. It was intended to simply say I love my device and just want to see it grow. With updates in the future you can't just do nothing. This is a thread for what you would like to see in the future is all. If you don't like what people put in the thread then why are you reading it just to complain yourself? No reason for anyone to be negative and I don't think too many people have been. Nothing wrong with looking ahead and giving your opinion on what you would like Microsoft to do in the future. Every OS needs growth. Whats so wrong with people saying what growth they would like to see.

astroXP

Jul 1, 2011
twitter.com
we got 500features and it still not enough, they should have made 600 features!!!! lol like it would have change anything.. NOT!L

Of course 500 features are not enough, that's why Tango I, Tango II, Apollo are coming! It's like fashion, it will NEVER stop evolving and thus new features will be coming, whether you like or not.

Again, isn't WP slogan "Put People First" ??? Let the people choose want they want and do not force them. Hey, you don't like customization, fine, don't enable it! Simple. Hey, you'd like to change a color, add a background on YOUR phone because YOU feel like it, go ahead, it's YOUR phone.

sandmanfvr

Jun 15, 2011
Visit site
On my htc arrive, video settings WILL NOT save, so htc issue I guess.

Nothing wrong wanting customization, no need to be retarded and lash out against others wants just because you don't use it. The more MS adds to this OS, the less anybody can detract from the OS and it will only STRENGTHEN the OS. So don't use the custom tones, that is fine, but don't b***h at others that want it. Sheesh

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
On my htc arrive, video settings WILL NOT save, so htc issue I guess.

Nothing wrong wanting customization, no need to be retarded and lash out against others wants just because you don't use it. The more MS adds to this OS, the less anybody can detract from the OS and it will only STRENGTHEN the OS. So don't use the custom tones, that is fine, but don't b***h at others that want it. Sheesh

I have no problems saving camera settings.

Lnin0

May 31, 2011
Visit site
Turn by Turn GPS - not Turn by Tap by Turnaround you missed it.
Customizable Ringtones that includes ALERT sounds
Skype - you OWN it....why are we the last to get it? WTF

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12