How is your battery today post Mango?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Long story short, those that saw a battery decrease after Mango update, what is your battery life today?

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
my focus does well when I have everything shut off except for text and phone calls, and battery saver turned on. I have no problem manually checking my mail and facebook/twitter. I am sure once you start seeing dual core phones in the future, that battery life will improve.

tiny

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
my focus does well when I have everything shut off except for text and phone calls, and battery saver turned on. I have no problem manually checking my mail and facebook/twitter. I am sure once you start seeing dual core phones in the future, that battery life will improve.

Sounds extreme. I have 3 email accounts checking every 15, 30, 1hr respectively. Facebook chat + notifications.

No matter what I do I will get through a full day.

And when I do less, about 60% remaining for the day.

HTC Arrive Mango.

duke1231

Sep 20, 2011
Visit site
man! you guys are lucky, oh well, just got to keep it up until my upgrade in June :) I really love my focus though, Samsung can make a nice phone for sure!

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Battery life is only slightly impacted but that is due to more usage of live tiles, etc. Initially noticed that airplane mode was not saving battery life like it is supposed to but that issue is resolved.

ncxcstud

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if those that have battery issues (I have small issues, nothing big though) because they are using their phones more. I know I am. I love bing vision and checking the people hub, etc...

I also wonder if I have battery issues because my wireless router is going funky and my Focus continually has to try to make a connection...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
I wonder if those that have battery issues (I have small issues, nothing big though) because they are using their phones more. I know I am. I love bing vision and checking the people hub, etc...

I also wonder if I have battery issues because my wireless router is going funky and my Focus continually has to try to make a connection...

that 100% what it is... MANGO did not do ANYTHING to the battery... lol its funny how people seem to think it did.

the reason it drains more, is more live tiles , more location apps , more features.. WIFI , BT , ect...

even if YOU dont use your phone more, the phone uses itself more. lol

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
that 100% what it is... MANGO did not do ANYTHING to the battery... lol its funny how people seem to think it did.

the reason it drains more, is more live tiles , more location apps , more features.. WIFI , BT , ect...

even if YOU dont use your phone more, the phone uses itself more. lol

This is the reason why I asked. Once Mango launched, it did use the battery to do what it needed to do under the hood. Once that's done, the battery should return to normal, with the only variable being the things you may do with your phone.

VictorE#AC

Oct 3, 2011
Visit site
I have not noticed any change in battery life since I upgraded to Mango. I recently discovered the battery saver feature and turned it on.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
My Arrive was awesome on battery the day before Mango, now post-Mango it's as bad as the Epic 4g I returned because of awful battery life.

I have 2 background tasks running (HTC Hub and WeatherLive), and almost no Live tiles short of my email and WeatherLive/HTC Hub.

Mango/Sprint killed the battery. Which is very disappointing because I LOVE Mango, and I love the Arrive.

Exact same situation on my wife's Arrive. Great battery life pre-mango, now it's awful.

staindgrey

Oct 5, 2011
Visit site
So far I'm not noticing a difference, but the day's still young.

I've played music, played Sonic, messaged some, downloaded two new apps, explored XBL, and still have an almost entirely full bar.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Tony_the_tiger.jpg

DrSaiko

Aug 11, 2011
Visit site
I noticed that my battery drained faster after the update........
But probably cuz I cant put my phone down ever since......uummm..

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Live tiles have nothing (or nearly nothing) to do with battery drain, as the are not updating when the screen is off. When the screen is on, yes they are updating, but your phone is already connected to Microsoft's servers, so maybe a little more data passing through, but nothing like streaming music or video. Screen "on" is still the biggest drain on battery.

No change here running Mango beta or Mango. And that's with 4 email accounts (2 push, 1 every 30, 1 every 60) 46 Start screen tiles, of which about 11 are Live (not including built-in apps or mail). WiFi is on 24/7, BT as needed, and I can usually get through most of a day with my puny 1230mAh battery.

Just enjoy your phone, and pickup some USB battery backup chargers. They work.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo