Outlook Tasks and Mango

robshobs

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I notice that since upgrading to Mango the mail settings for my Exchange account now include syncing tasks. But there is no native task application. Does anyone know of an app that uses the data now synced with Mango? I searched the Marketplace for apps and one, they all are paid apps and; two, none of them explicitly state they support Mango and the new synced tasks.

Rob

MrVoyager

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Hey I just figured this out for a user.

1. Go into your e-mail settings for Outlook and make sure the tasks are selected.
2. Go into your calendar settings and scroll all the way to the bottom, make sure show to-do's on the calendar is selected.
3. In your calendar flip to the left / right to the to-do section.

Those are your tasks.

Cheers -

robshobs

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Hi, Hey I just figured this out for a user.

1. Go into your e-mail settings for Outlook and make sure the tasks are selected.
2. Go into your calendar settings and scroll all the way to the bottom, make sure show to-do's on the calendar is selected.
3. In your calendar flip to the left / right to the to-do section.

Those are your tasks.

Cheers -

I happen to find this as well. However, this list is virtually useless. I have dozens of tasks in multiple categories. There is no effective way to manage the list.

Still searching for an app that supports the native sync.

Rob

robshobs

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
how is it useless? u can still do it can't u? SMH

I have over 200 tasks in about a dozen categories. The calendar app simply lists all 200+ tasks. I want to be able to filter by category, sort by priority, date, etc.

It is too bad that Microsoft didn't create a basic app that had these simple features. I'd like to find another app, and I've tested several, but none of them use the data that is sync'd via the phone. Some of the apps have their own sync function but our firewall will not support them.

Rob

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
There were several apps, pre Mango, that synced tasks with Exchange. None of them work for you? Don't think Microsoft will let any 3rd party apps touch the calendar/tasks.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

robshobs

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
There were several apps, pre Mango, that synced tasks with Exchange. None of them work for you? Don't think Microsoft will let any 3rd party apps touch the calendar/tasks.

No. The apps cannot get past whatever security settings are in place by my company's IT department.

I would hope that Microsoft allows developers access to the task and calendar data. Third-party apps often provide much better integration.

Rob

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb