Go forward in Internet Explorer?

Lopes

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site
Surely I'm missing something...they could not have left out a way to go forward in the IE9 browser, could they? Please tell me I'm missing something fairly obvious and this is just user error. How do you move forward?

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
I can't believe what I'm seeing. They removed 'forward' from the menu. So now we have no way to go forward.

WHAT WERE THEY THINKING? This is nuts. If there is anything at all "better" about this update to IE9 I'm sure not seeing it.

the_fly68

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
I never noticed the "forward" option was no longer there. There's a "recent" option that seems to work reasonably well when navigating between pages/sites, but getting rid of "forward" is unbelievable.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
another ridiculous complaint. seriously the recent option works better than going forward and backwards. too bad im out of the ability to give rep today I would vote down at least 3 posts in this thread.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I was wondering when someone was going to start this thread. Our only choice is recent now not a quick and easy as a Forward button but it gives us more choices so I guess its a trade off.

red grenadine

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
another ridiculous complaint. seriously the recent option works better than going forward and backwards. too bad im out of the ability to give rep today I would vote down at least 3 posts in this thread.

The complaint isn't ridiculous. Microsoft removed functionality. At least have it after you hit the "..." button. Downvote whatever you want, people are entitled to their opinions.

I suppose you look up your history on your computer's internet browser to navigate instead of hitting the back or forward button, correct? Very efficient usage there.

jim_h

Mar 17, 2011
Visit site
So browser "forward" is too complicated for their target market? Exactly what market is that, anyway?

Metro is cute, but other than that... after seeing this "update", I'm thinking I'm on the wrong bus. My next phone is going to be Android, I'm afraid. Go ahead, vote me down.

Lopes

Nov 11, 2010
Visit site

No it doesn't.

It's cumbersome to do so, and doesn't embody the "glance and go" mantra of this OS. Finding your current place in a history list, then looking above that spot to see where you went afterward in order to go "forward" is obtuse.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss