Question about HTC Surround firmware on Namgo

Alaera

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Question about HTC Surround firmware on Mango

Hey, I forced the update to Mango on my Surround, but I'm not sure that my firmware was updated.

Firmware Rev: 2250.21.15204.502
Hardware Rev: 0003
Radio Software: 5.69.05a_22.50.50.21H
Radio Hardware: A.26.0.D4
Bootloader Ver: 4.5.2250.0(129685)
Chip SOC Ver: 2.2.5.0

Can anyone else on AT&T with an updated Surround tell me if I'm up to date or not? It would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
It was confirmed that RTM firmware was in the the update Forced or not.
Allt he force update does it boots you to the FRONT of the queue, it does not change anything…. If it wasn’t AT&T`s update , the forced update simply would not have worked.

so if u have OS Version: 7.10.7720.68 your 100% good to go :)

Alaera

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
That's not really an answer...

And I say that because the gyroscope firmware seams to be missing. So please, if nayone who has a Surround who has successfully updated let me know if my listed info is the same as their's, it would be appreciated.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
first of all. your surround doesn’t have a Gyroscope, it has a Accelerometer. only new phones will have the Gyro built in.

what do you mean that’s not really a answer , the answer is YES. cant be more direct then that!?

it does have all the firmware,. like i said its been confirmed that if you force the update you still get the firmware from your RTM

Last edited:

Alaera

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Is there anyone out there who will actually bother to check their Surround to see if the firmware numbers match. Cuse it's not like there haven't been update issues in the past. That added with I never saw a notice for the HTC specific firmware update during the updating and that all other US HTC models seem to be on Hardware revision 004 (not 0003) makes me wonder.

I know what was SUPPOSED to happen - I just doubt it did folks - hence why I'm asking for some effort given, not just a regurgitation of what SHOULD happen...

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
lol if it dint ,, u wouldn’t have mango.... lol that’s it!! not rocket science..

Firmware is Cooked INTO mango for specific RTM/OEMs ,

if that doesn’t clear it up, i hope someone can soften up that hard head of yours by putting a picture.

if not!!! go to this link.... http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-phone-7-os-discussion/180998.htm and read trough the 20pages to find your answer cause its been confirmed.(like i did for you*your welcome BTW)

Alaera

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Se1fcr3ation, since you seem incapable of having provided me with the information I ACTUALLY REQUESTED in my posts, please stop responding. And please don't post with Rev numbers now, as I cannot beleive anything you say directly to the matter at this point as you have IGNORED what I have asked for. I understand what you're saying, but you don't seem to understand what I am saying.

To be clear, the first time I forced the update, I saw specific info listing HTC SPECIFIC updates in addition to the 7720.68 update. Because I screwed up in trying to keep my phone unlocked, I had to roll back and when I reforced - I SAW NO SUCH MESSAGE!!! This is why I am asking someone who has gotten the update on the Surround (forced or not) to compare the numbers in my original post with what they have, and not simply tell me that "Oh, if you updated you MUST have all the stuff."

I understand you are trying to help, but you are not. So please leave it alone and let someone who will actually read what I wrote and will provide me with the knowledge I seek.

akopas1967

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
OS version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.40500.502
Hardware revision number: 0003
Radio software version: 5.69.09.05a_22.50.50.21H
Radio hardware version: A.26.0.D4
Bootloader version: 4.5.2250.0(129685)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

Att Surround...hope this helps!

Alaera

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Ty. This means that HTC did NOT "bake in" everything to the 7720.68 release for Surround. How do I know this? I have SkyMap and I can't use a function that requires the compass - something even my Surround has.

Luisraul924

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
Ty. This means that HTC did NOT "bake in" everything to the 7720.68 release for Surround. How do I know this? I have SkyMap and I can't use a function that requires the compass - something even my Surround has.

Did you hack the RTM onto your Surround a couple of months ago when it first came out? I know that on my HD7 (which isn't a Surround but is from HTC) I forced RTM Mango back in july and when I did that, the firmware for the headphone's mic and inline remote control stopped working. The weird thing is after I flashed a T-Mobile stock 7004 rom to go back to factory for the official Mango update the firmware still didn't work. So, I updated to 7008, then to 7392 both times the firmware wasn't there either. now I'm on the official Mango update, but my firmware is gone. According to someone on XDA they said that my phone was "soft bricked" where the firmware has been permanently lost. I was gonna go and try and dupe T-Mobile into giving me a new one but I decided to reap what I had sown and just decided to keep it until Nokia devices come out, after all, I WAS the one that chose to flash the unofficial RTM leak so blah. sorry for the long rant but I was just explaining a potential possibility.

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site

Are you sure Skymap doesn't need an update to Mango?

Alaera

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I had loaded the 7720.050 RTM but had rolled back a week before. (Everything had worked fine then).

SkyMap IS updated to mango.

I finally managed to talk to someone at HTC. There is a known issue with the compass not working in the Mango update (I assume just for the Surround since I haven't heard of other HTC phones showing a problem.). They said they are working on it but have no ETA for a fix. I then made the suggestion that it probably be in HTC's best interest to either post this info on their site or make an announcement so that as more Surroud owners get "Mangofied", they will know why there's a problem and that a fix is being worked on.

I can say that while I enjoy my Surround, after the ball getting dropped like this by HTC (they had two months once the RTM was released by Microsoft, not to mention I'm sure they had access to the betas as well so they should have fixed the issue before now, or at the very least told the public), I will not be buying any more HTC phones. Rather, my next Windows phone will be a Nokia or Samsung.

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
Rather, my next Windows phone will be a Nokia or Samsung.

To be fair Samsung has had their own set of problems. The 1.4 version of the Samsung Focus wouldn't update to NoDo and it took months to fix. Also poor support for expandable memory. However, I really like my Focus and I wouldn't even consider trading it for any of the phones currently on the US market. With that said I think my next WP will be a Nokia. The Focus has a great screen and camera but that's really all it has to offer. The Samsung Zone is pretty much void of anything useful. I think Nokia will have a killer combination of screen, camera and services which will edge out the competition.

mangojain

Feb 9, 2012
Visit site
HTC Surround specs

OS version: 7.10.7720.68
Firmware revision number: 2250.21.40500.502
Hardware revision number: 0003
Radio software version: 5.69.09.05a_22.50.50.21H
Radio hardware version: A.26.0.D4
Bootloader version: 4.5.2250.0(129685)
Chip SOC version: 2.2.5.0

Att Surround...hope this helps!

My firmware is 2250.21.40300.502 and my bootloader version is also lower 4.3.2250.0(128976). This is because i tried a custom rom on my phone. On the original rom i used to get HTC firmware updates but not any more. Is there any way to get cabs to update the firmware using WP7-Update-Cab-Sender ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs