Post-Mango Battery problems? Solution here.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Many of us have had post-Mango battery life issues, especially, it seems, those of us with HTC Arrives.

My Arrive was rocking a whopping 12 hour battery life on full charge post-Mango (force updated). Same thing with my wife's. And it really WAS 12 hours, not a meter issue. The phone just sucked through power.

Well, a full reset seems to have straightened things out. I'm now getting 1 day 15 hours listed on full charge.

Sure, a full reset is a bit of pain from the standpoint of having to set everything back up, but I look at it as a nerdy-nirvana, too: I get to play with my Arrive all day re-downloading apps, arranging Live Tiles, choosing the pictures and music I want on there, etc.

I still have to do the reset on my wife's Arrive, and will report back to see if this is a universal solution.

Last edited:

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Seemed to work for my Arrive as well.

I don't know if the Battery Saver function is accurate or not but I went from about 17 hours of life on a full charge to about 30hours of life on a full charge.

Frankly I don't trust Battery Saver's method of calculating battery life but it's all we got for measuring purposes at the moment.

velvetelvis

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
my focus has had a decrease in battery life since mango. really dont want to do a full reset, but if it works... i guess im gonna have to do it.

Baka

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Seemed to work for my Arrive as well.

I don't know if the Battery Saver function is accurate or not but I went from about 17 hours of life on a full charge to about 30hours of life on a full charge.

Frankly I don't trust Battery Saver's method of calculating battery life but it's all we got for measuring purposes at the moment.

I don't trust it either...so I'm going to run the thing back down to zero and see how long that takes, then compare it to the numbers on the battery saver page.

What I CAN say is that the phone is not draining at 15% an hour, which is what was happening prior to the reset.

Resetting isn't the most elegant solution, but it does seem to be working. And as I said in the OP, setting the phone back up is kinda fun, a little like getting a new phone all over again. If you see it as just a big ole pain in the butt though, I'm not gonna argue with you.

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Resetting isn't the most elegant solution, but it does seem to be working. And as I said in the OP, setting the phone back up is kinda fun, a little like getting a new phone all over again.

In a strange way, you're right.

Last edited:

FocusWP7

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
After updating my Focus to Mango, I had done "full reset" on my phone (which took more than 10 minutes, I was worried I broke the phone)...

But even after that, my battery hardly lasts 12 hours. And it takes ages to recharge my battery...

My Android phone goes from 0% to 100% in less than 3 hours... But my Focus takes 5+ hours to do the same recharge (same battery size)...

Is my battery bad?

foosball

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
After updating my Focus to Mango, I had done "full reset" on my phone (which took more than 10 minutes, I was worried I broke the phone)...

But even after that, my battery hardly lasts 12 hours. And it takes ages to recharge my battery...

My Android phone goes from 0% to 100% in less than 3 hours... But my Focus takes 5+ hours to do the same recharge (same battery size)...

Is my battery bad?

If the battery wasn't bad before Mango then it's probably not the battery. Maybe give it a few charge cycles to calibrate but there's no way it should take 5 hours.

A reset on my HTC Arrive took all of one minute so that's strange that it took so long for your Focus.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
only time I have poor battery life on my arrive is when I'm connected to the crappy towers in my hometown that still haven't been fixed in 8 months.

FocusWP7

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Check this out... I am on 100% charge, but the battery saver still says it would last only 14 hours...

zCNeH.jpg

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I didn't change any settings but my battery seemed to be a lot better today. However, I didn't use it too much today. Then again, I also don't hit the back button as much to close apps.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I did a full reset yesterday and I told everyone I was amazed at how much better my battery life was looking. At 95% I had 1 day and 4 hours of charge time left. I didn't get anywhere close to that. I think the full reset is just resetting the battery useage calculator, but battery life will be close to the same.

The same thing is happening today. I'll leave my phone alone and it'll go down 10% an hour while idling. Is that supposed to be normal?

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
well one day I left my charger at home and I made it through an entire school day and commute which consists of music streaming and web browsing (6:30am to 3:30pm)with about 25% left i was on the 7712 build with battery saver enabled this day tho. don't know how it would've been without

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site

Is my battery bad?

There were a couple of small updates after the zune 4.8 updates that were a usb update and a generic windows phone update. One of them appeared to have had an effect on the charging time with usb reducing the charge time. If you did not get those updates you look in the history of srticles here and find them and see if you can still get those they might help!!

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My Optimus is on 18% right now with Battery Saver on. It still says it has 7 hours left and my last charge was 13 hours ago.

So that's basically a day.

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Today was a good day for me battery wise too. I've been unplugged for 11 hours with 33% left or 4 hours it's saying. That's with light usage and a podcast playing most of the day. I did a reset and hadn't noticed a difference until today. I'm narrowing down the cause of my battery drain. Today I didn't touch the Messaging Hub and I didn't use any apps. There weren't any apps open in multitasking either. I just used Zune, People Hub and IE. So tomorrow I'll do the same thing, except play with texting and see if that's the cause.

Edit: I haven't used battery saver at all either.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6