Live tiles vs widgets??

deadaym

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
Hi, I am still deciding on an OS to pick. At first, I was sold by the live tiles and sophistication of windows phone mango, but then I realized that you could have all the instant notification + access of live tiles with extreme customization and more apps in widgets on android.

Why do you guys think Windows Phone mango is better than Android? Please explain and thanks for helping me out..

Exomondo

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I like the live tiles because they just show what's going on in the app whilst maintaining the consistent user interface (keeping everything on tiles) rather than essentially a window on a desktop giving you a subset of that app's functionality like widgets do. It's about keeping a consistent UI - which you can't really do on Android because widgets are all different shapes, sizes and styles - but that's a personal preference.

If what you want is extreme customization then WP7 and iOS aren't for you, the only real choice there is Android, again it's personal preference though.

Mateosmith

May 12, 2011
Visit site
You said it yourself, sophistication my friend. Android does have the ability to literally customize anything you can imagine nearly but this creates a never ending desire to change and manipulate. One day your satisfied with your screen set up, one day your not. Live tiles create a classy solution to the problem. Your not forced to keep any tiles on screen you do not want to, but anything you pin is still a tile, so it keeps the screen neat and uniform. It's simpler, classier, and seamless. You no longer need to waste hours and hours on home screen configurations. And this is why we choose Windows phone 7 over android, at least in this specific area.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99