The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
10-12-2011 10:27 AM
75 123
tools
    I love WP7 but I hate that the signal strength doesn't stay visible all the time. I thought in mango there was supposed to be a setting where you could have it displayed all the time.
    wow dude seriously? in wm6.5 when in IE or opera u had to go back to the main screen to see all of that, so it wasn't visible all the time there either.
    If you have a lot of meetings, that doesn't work so well with the Agenda. At best you can only see 4-5 appointments at a time. Week view shows the blocks of time graphically so you can see when you CAN meet a lot more easily.

I use outlook at work and I am scheduled by a lot of colleagues. Week view would be convenient for me to have.

Oh and iOS 5 has it...

Kalle
    that's the only thing iOS5 has over wp7 mango.
    10-10-2011 04:21 PM
    Anyway, we've spent the whole time talking about Week View when I think it's just as big of a travesty that I CAN'T SET A FREAKIN' END DATE FOR RECURRING EVENTS! What the HECK is that? My old enV messaging phone could do that! Like today I wanted to set an event for Monday-Friday for JUST this week. But there was no option for me to tell it to end on Friday. STUPID. For such a well-thought-out OS, Microsoft dropped the ball with the Calendar app.

So if I want to set a recurring event with an end-date, I have to go onto my laptop and do it. Lame.
    ok well in that case u set the event to end FRIDAY at this given time. but I guess u must be too nice of a guy to figure that out. oh and did I mention that apple thinks their customers are Stupid?
    Last edited by Dave Blake; 10-10-2011 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Rude comment
    10-10-2011 04:35 PM
    No thanks. If anything, I'm within my 30-day period, so I can return it for an Incredible 2. I just wanted to give WP7 a good try.

I'm trying to like WP7, I really am. It's just the Calendar is probably the most important app for me, and, frankly, WP7's Calendar is mediocre.
    Yeah, the offer was tongue in cheek at best. I love WP7; much better than Android. I was crazy to sell mine and will have one again soon. My problem is Verizon. They are the absolute the slowest to offer new phones; especially non Droid. Oh well, guess I will wait for the lottery ticket I keep buying to finally work.:lol:
    10-10-2011 04:35 PM
    ok well in that case u set the event to end FRIDAY at this given time. but I guess u must be too nice of a guy to figure that out. oh and did I mention that apple thinks their customers are Stupid?
    I'm in the process of syncing my phone right now, but if this works, then thanks! I'm sorry that you had to get upset and resort to name-calling to tell me, but I appreciate it regardless. Perhaps next time you may consider responding as if I didn't insult your mother or child.

IT'S JUST A PHONE.
    10-10-2011 04:50 PM
    I can understand about the gripe with the calendar, I'm not such a fan of it myself. The biggest reason for me, is only because, I've used Symbian for so long and was used to it. I'm starting to get used to WP7's calendar, but it really wouldn't be such a bad thing for having a few tweaks to it or more options. I'm sure in time as users voice their feelings, MS will hopefully listen and if enough gripes will fix some things.
    10-10-2011 05:25 PM
    I tried this, and it didn't work. In other OS's, when you make an event recurring, it brings up an option to make the recurring event end after a certain date.

Like let's say I have a class on Mondays from 8-9am. I want to make it recur until December 15th. There is no option to do so. If I try to set the "end date" of the event to December 15th, I get an error message because it conflicts.

If anyone else knows how to set an end date for recurring events, let me know please. This is an even bigger deal to me than the lack of a week view.
    10-10-2011 06:38 PM
    Yeah, it's all relative to what we want to use the most. I can't see either one being a huge deal to implement. I sent the phone guys my pic request with the easiest way for agenda to turn into agenda/week view (attached)
    10-10-2011 06:41 PM
    Highly unlikely. Its notifications menu for example looks like it will be a winner. We still can't even go to a page with all our notifications on it.

I've used iOS a LOT. Enough to know that even with its shortcomings, WP7 is the OS that matches my life better for the most part. However it's not perfect. Week view is just one way in which it falls short. For me. And it sounds like for the OP. If you have a week with 30 or more appointments in it, week view makes it a lot easier to find a suitable time for a new appointment.

Kalle

that's the only thing iOS5 has over wp7 mango.
    10-10-2011 08:21 PM
    LOL. Wut?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    10-10-2011 08:55 PM
    Fair enough about convenience with a lot of meetings (I guess I'm lucky that I've never had that kind of hectic scheduling), but, like dakranii said, I still have to wonder how useful that'd be on the small screen. I was hoping Coffee was going to show me Android's and/or iOS's and/or BB's week view.

And, of course, the funny thing is Hotmail Calendar on the web has both week view and the ability to set an end date (or, alternatively, set the number of occurrences) for a recurring event. The mobile web version of the week view still appears to be a list though.
    10-10-2011 10:21 PM
    LOL. Wut?

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    it was mod edited. that's not what I originally said.
    10-10-2011 11:04 PM
    I sync my hotmail calendar mo problems. Have had problems with end dates.

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express
    10-10-2011 11:12 PM
    Drafts is definitely a good idea - at the very least, the option to turn them on. It could get a bit unorthodox with how the threaded messaging works, so the drafts will probably be a "pinned" thread and sending a draft will move it into the appropriate thread. My mom will not switch from her K800i without such functionality, since she types long texts (some people just don't get SMS :S).

IE needs to get on-screen back and forward buttons, or there needs to be some consistency in navigation. Current back button is really fragmented in usage - for example, there is an app I use where upon opening it, I need to press back three times to exit it. (That's arguably terrible design on the developer's side, but still.)
    10-11-2011 01:48 AM
    Drafts is definitely a good idea - at the very least, the option to turn them on. It could get a bit unorthodox with how the threaded messaging works, so the drafts will probably be a "pinned" thread and sending a draft will move it into the appropriate thread. My mom will not switch from her K800i without such functionality, since she types long texts (some people just don't get SMS :S).

IE needs to get on-screen back and forward buttons, or there needs to be some consistency in navigation. Current back button is really fragmented in usage - for example, there is an app I use where upon opening it, I need to press back three times to exit it. (That's arguably terrible design on the developer's side, but still.)
    Why not two fingers swipe for back and forward? Or even one finger swipe, once it reaches the border, an additional swipe would move to the next page (much like they did on Mac Air with two fingers swipe). I don't understand why no smartphone, iOS included, support more multi-fingers gestures in their stock apps.
    10-11-2011 06:22 AM
    I don't know if you got all the answers. I got tired of reading about people judging each other. When you indicate losing your message when you switch I cannot tell if you mean SMS or email. if you mean SMS, then I don't know. For email, anytime you want to leave a long message to do something else, hit the X button at the bottom. It will ask if you want to discard or Save. Saving it puts it in the drafts folder.
    10-11-2011 08:53 AM
    I don't know if you got all the answers. I got tired of reading about people judging each other. When you indicate losing your message when you switch I cannot tell if you mean SMS or email. if you mean SMS, then I don't know. For email, anytime you want to leave a long message to do something else, hit the X button at the bottom. It will ask if you want to discard or Save. Saving it puts it in the drafts folder.
    I know there are work-arounds for it. It's just a little gripe with the OS. Thankfully I know about and am learning to use the multitasking. Someone who doesn't know about it would be screwed if they hit the Start button after typing a long message.
    10-11-2011 09:35 AM
    I tried the suspended apps option for retrieving a text draft. Worked well. I hadn't considered that before.

That being, theman60099, you need to lighten up. You're acting like a complaint against WP7 is a personal attack on you.
    10-11-2011 11:17 AM

That being, theman60099, you need to lighten up. You're acting like a complaint against WP7 is a personal attack on you.

theman has a bunch of stock in WP7, that's why he takes it so personal.
    10-11-2011 11:21 AM
    apparently!
    10-11-2011 12:01 PM
    I tried the suspended apps option for retrieving a text draft. Worked well. I hadn't considered that before.

android users were complaining that all their messages were drafted for no reason and touted it as to why they went to WP.
    theman has a bunch of stock in WP7, that's why he takes it so personal.
    now aren't u a tarado just because I say that some of these complaints are ridiculous doesn't mean that I have stock in WP.
    10-11-2011 12:56 PM
    android users were complaining that all their messages were drafted for no reason and touted it as to why they went to WP.

now aren't u a tarado just because I say that some of these complaints are ridiculous doesn't mean that I have stock in WP.
    What's a tarado? I very well might be one, lol. These complaints may be ridiculous to you but that doesn't mean they aren't valid complaints. I think everyone in this thread thinks very highly of WP7, but it isn't perfect, nor is any other mobile os. Maybe you could offer solutions and workarounds without calling people stupid?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    ikkf likes this.
    10-11-2011 02:53 PM
    What's a tarado? I very well might be one, lol. These complaints may be ridiculous to you but that doesn't mean they aren't valid complaints. I think everyone in this thread thinks very highly of WP7, but it isn't perfect, nor is any other mobile os. Maybe you could offer solutions and workarounds without calling people stupid?

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    I've done that and they were apprehensive about having to do that just to do this one thing.
    10-11-2011 04:53 PM
    Can you stop being a massive fanboy and beating around the bush? There are features which are undoubtedly useful for some and not implemented in Mango. If Microsoft wants to keep the closed paradigm, it needs to provide a feature-rich OS so people don't wish for it to be more open.

Why not two fingers swipe for back and forward? Or even one finger swipe, once it reaches the border, an additional swipe would move to the next page (much like they did on Mac Air with two fingers swipe). I don't understand why no smartphone, iOS included, support more multi-fingers gestures in their stock apps.
    That's actually a great idea, for some reason I had almost completely forgotten about gestures. Would love if the next iteration of IE also provides a new tab "speed dial", along with better access to bookmarks and tabs. Two finger swipe up/down?
    Last edited by lumic; 10-12-2011 at 02:42 AM.
    10-12-2011 02:36 AM
    Maybe a glitch on my HTC Arrive, but in month view I can only go forward. If I use back button I go to start screen. How dumb is this?
    10-12-2011 10:02 AM
    Maybe a glitch on my HTC Arrive, but in month view I can only go forward. If I use back button I go to start screen. How dumb is this?
    Ummm, not at all...You scroll down to go forward a month, and scroll up to go back a month.

That is like saying when you are in an app and you scroll down, you want the Back button to raise you to the top of the screen...

Changing Months is just scrolling...the back button never has, should, will ever reverse scrolling.
    10-12-2011 10:27 AM
75 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD