Microsoft Preps Big Win Phone 7 Push Heading into Holidays

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If VZN commits to more than one WP handset they will prep all VZN agrees to take. They have indicated that they are working on $G LTE devices! They have indicated a large ad push campaign for WP starting soon!

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Well weve had the titan and radar and the searay lumia from a distance. Hopefully the focus s and the other samsung will appear soon too. Plus the Fujitsu in asia.

J4rrod

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I hope this "push" includes advertising. I want to see Windows Phone everywhere I look within the next few months. Mainly just put out some of those sexy 7.5 adverts that we see on YouTube on commercials and in movie theaters. Advertising works. Why in God's name don't I see more WP7 advertising?

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
There was anarticle somewhere about HTC and Samsung ponying up more $$$ for advertising campaigns and Nokia appears to be starting to get it in gear for the upcoming Nokia World event so expect to see more and more ads for WP!

smartpatrol

Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
I just hope we get more phones in the USA besides the Titan, Radar, and Focus S this year. It's going to be a sad holiday season for WP7 if only one carrier gets all the good stuff.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yeah I'm not sure why manufacturers don't release their phones on as many carriers as possible.

If the carrier doesnt want to carry a phone, nothing a manufacturer can do to put it in the carrier's stores. More a problem in the US, as thats the only option unlike in Europe where stores like phones4u and Carphone Warehouse sell unlocked devices, not to mention online stores like Clove. US carriers know that US consumers will not buy devices for hundreds of dollars so they can control the OEM's if they want to sell in the US as they are the only outlet. Shame, even Nokia has capitulated and stated they wont be selling unlocked phones in the US, so again consumers (at least GSM ones) have little choice in what phone they can buy.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster