Folders?

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
A third party app you be needed for such category tiles? I can have a news category for example and somehow link my news apps to it? It sounds like the feature I was looking for...

Not really. Simply a tile with the word "News" on it for example. Then you can locate your news tiles/apps around it. Window dressing so to speak. I can put my four map apps in the same place on the Start screen, and don't need to see "Map" to remind me. But would rather put them in a custom hub.

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express

zunemd

Jan 9, 2012
Visit site
I dont understand why MS seems to be "holding back" on the folders... or some way to sort apps beyond just arranging alphabetically (or pinning to Start).

Come on guys... give us folders!!!!!

Grrr....:confused:

mhans311

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I used folders a ton on android. I couldn't live without them. So far I haven't found the need for them on wp7. I get on just fine without them. Part of the reason for this is that I have far fewer apps on my phone now than I did with android. On android I had apps for music, podcasts, Facebook, and many other apps that are now built in to WP. The podcast part of Zune works very well, the music app is awesome (I was constantly looking for a good replacement on android), and the Facebook integration nice.

I grouped all of my games in a folder on android but on WP the games are all grouped in the xbox app so they don't all show on your app list.

Sent from my Trophy using Board Express

N8ter

Banned
Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
Bing vision music etc can all be done in one app on ios. Google ha integrated a lot of functionality in their search app. One app can do everything the OS allows. It's pretty simple.

Folders would allow us to keep a shorter start screen, which for some is needed. Tiles are way too big ESP when they function as nothing more than simple app shortcuts.

You can put your games in a folder in ios and a folder is as big as the xbl tile in the grand scheme of things.

Also once you install a lot of games that hub suffers the same issues as the start screen.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett