My WP7 review

ryude

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Excellent review, but you will find that the term "coming soon" gets tossed around quite often when the subject of wp7 is being discussed. I've had wp7 since November 2010 and very little has changed, still missing much needed apps. The bad thing about having a wp7 is that anytime you criticize it, the fanboys come out and try to make it seem like your view is wrong.

Anyway, good review and I'm glad you like it.

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
I just got an HTC HD7 on T-Mo. I'm coming from a Palm Pre.I don't choose a phone just because it's popular. I have this thing about giving the under-dog a chance. There are many things I like about this OS, and many things I don't. In spite of webOS being virtually unknown it has many apps that this phone lacks. Further, the audio quality that comes over while playing music is terrible. I can hear that damn GSM sound ALL THE TIME. Seriously considering switching to an Android for now. I just can't wait a year or two while developers try to see what trent WP7 is having before deciding weather to port their apps. ... and I really can't live with that GSM noise.

Welcome to the community though. Regardless of what I decide, I'll continue to root for WP7.

dakranii

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
Perfect! Thank you! I'm also checking out Rowi too. Looks good.

Now only if the "check in" on the me tile could apply to foursquare....
I agree, wish the check-in worked with foursquare. I won't use the check-in in the Me hub because I use foursquare.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
One thing I don't like is the messenger service doesn't liked to be logged in at multiple locations. I am logged in on my phone but i'm also trying to log in from my desktop and it won't let me as a result of being logged in on the phone. Sometimes goes the same way with the web client.
Google talk doesn't care where i'm logged in. It's smart enough to know what computer/device i'm active on and route messages there.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Screen needs a higher resolution. I can see the pixels. However the contrast of the SAMOLED screen is just amazing. Breathtaking really.

you can see the PIXEL?? seriously?? are my eyes that bad that i never see pixels??? on my TV ok , but you can see does 0,01milimiter pixels on ur cell??

Jesus!.
funnyjesus.jpg

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Excellent review, but you will find that the term "coming soon" gets tossed around quite often when the subject of wp7 is being discussed. I've had wp7 since November 2010 and very little has changed, still missing much needed apps. The bad thing about having a wp7 is that anytime you criticize it, the fanboys come out and try to make it seem like your view is wrong.

Anyway, good review and I'm glad you like it.

Trolls and bitter members as well

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
you can see the PIXEL?? seriously?? are my eyes that bad that i never see pixels??? on my TV ok , but you can see does 0,001milimiter pixels?? Jesus!.

Yes, easily. Same on my 3rd gen ipod touch and my 1st gen ipad. I couldn't on my motorola atrix but it had a higher resolution. And I can't see them on an iphone 4. But I certainly can on the focus. Not a huge deal as the contrast is so damn good but a higher resolution would make it the best mobile screen in the world.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Yes, easily. Same on my 3rd gen ipod touch and my 1st gen ipad. I couldn't on my motorola atrix but it had a higher resolution. And I can't see them on an iphone 4. But I certainly can on the focus. Not a huge deal as the contrast is so damn good but a higher resolution would make it the best mobile screen in the world.

lol? think its time for me to take a trip to the Optometrists..

but yeah the S-amoled is ammazing :) its the reason i return the HD7 and HTC surround , i
NEEDED that Amoled. lol

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I just got an HTC HD7 on T-Mo. I'm coming from a Palm Pre.I don't choose a phone just because it's popular. I have this thing about giving the under-dog a chance. There are many things I like about this OS, and many things I don't. In spite of webOS being virtually unknown it has many apps that this phone lacks. Further, the audio quality that comes over while playing music is terrible. I can hear that damn GSM sound ALL THE TIME. Seriously considering switching to an Android for now. I just can't wait a year or two while developers try to see what trent WP7 is having before deciding weather to port their apps. ... and I really can't live with that GSM noise.

Welcome to the community though. Regardless of what I decide, I'll continue to root for WP7.

terrible sound quality? I don't have that on my arrive,check ur headphones or maybe even check ur hearing.it might also even be a hardware problem on ur device that needs to be diagnosed.

Jalik

Oct 10, 2011
Visit site
@archer75: If costs would be no issue and you could pick any phone OS you want, right now, would you pick WP7 mango again? As is it right now, not how it's supposed to be in 6 month or so.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
@archer75: If costs would be no issue and you could pick any phone OS you want, right now, would you pick WP7 mango again? As is it right now, not how it's supposed to be in 6 month or so.

Honestly, i'd like to see what ios5 offers tomorrow and spend another couple of weeks with mango to be sure.

I prefer the more cohesive, integrated experience with wp7 and ios. Android does have more features going for it but can feel like a mess. So for me it comes down to wp7 vs ios and i'll have a better idea tomorrow.
wp7 is certainly a solid phone and experience.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I have a Palm Pre, I'll ship you my Pre and 50 bucks if you want to trade. The Pre's music player is aweful. You must have access to a different app store on your pre. In the grand scheme of things, I'll have to rate iOS 1, WP7 2, Android 3, BB OS 4, and Web OS slightly above a good feature phone.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
1 million pre-orders. :)
1 million mindless sheep who don't know any better
I have a Palm Pre, I'll ship you my Pre and 50 bucks if you want to trade. The Pre's music player is aweful. You must have access to a different app store on your pre. In the grand scheme of things, I'll have to rate iOS 1, WP7 2, Android 3, BB OS 4, and Web OS slightly above a good feature phone.

why en cojos rate iOS above wp7? it's obvious that iOS5 isn't bringing anything new to the table over wp7 mango, are u an undercover iSheep intentionally trying to find things in wp7 inferior to iOS?

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I think that the only thing that would make iOS rank higher than WP7 are the apps. Pretty much everything I need is available on WP7 but for some it might not be. I absolutely love the speed and fluidity of my trophy and it does everything I need.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Because I think it's more complete. Don't make it better or worse. That's up to the user. WP7 size and Zune makes WP7 the better phone for me.
1 million mindless sheep who don't know any better

why en cojos rate iOS above wp7? it's obvious that iOS5 isn't bringing anything new to the table over wp7 mango, are u an undercover iSheep intentionally trying to find things in wp7 inferior to iOS?
Like someone said, don't get mad because your MS stock isn't going up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12