10-23-2011 11:11 PM
28 12
tools
    Enjoy your Pre. See you back here in a few months (or maybe weeks).

Sent from my HTC Surround using Board Express
    So where would you prefer the URL bar?
    I would prefer it not be on the screen at all. If I could recall the url bar when needed that would be much better. Maybe something like the 3 dot option that a lot of pages have. Press that to have the option of showing the url bar. It least then it wouldn't be there taking up screen space when not needed.
    10-20-2011 06:41 PM
    Thank you so much, lumic. That's so much better now. Maybe you can help with another one? Is there a way to change the alert for the keys at the bottom? The back arrow, windows and search keys vibrate when I touch them. I would rather they make a sound or nothing at all.
    I've sadly been unable to find out how to turn off vibrate on the physical keys. This is one area where you feel that Microsoft shouldn't have pushed such a closed system to begin with - there are just too many functions that different users will want. I think it was very silly of them to add the URL bar to landscape without the option to turn it off again, for example.

And ha, I share the same micromanagement issues as you. I would love to be able to close the music playback. I'm hoping that one of the Tango updates will bring limitless multitasking (having a maximum of six severely hampers it) and app closing (let us swipe up, even if you have to pay HP!).

Please ignore the radical fans. Windows Phone definitely has its little annoyances, and I can sympathise (haven't been a webOS user, but I followed its development closely and thought it superior all along to iOS/WinMo/Android). We can only hope Microsoft irons out the kinks with every update.
    10-22-2011 08:37 PM
    I am not sure I understand what Zune and Skydrive is. I assumed that you could connect your WP phone to your laptop or desktop and it would appear in Windows Explorer as a DRIVE where you could transfer files. Is that not true?

I would prefer it not be on the screen at all. If I could recall the url bar when needed that would be much better. Maybe something like the 3 dot option that a lot of pages have. Press that to have the option of showing the url bar. It least then it wouldn't be there taking up screen space when not needed.
    Use the Zune software to sync files to and from your PC. Skydrive is "the cloud"--fgree storage for files and music. You can add things there by going to skydrive.live.com and then accessing them from the phone through the Office hub.

Once you open that Zune software, you'll kiss "transferring files" goodbye. Also, as far as the music controls showing up, they'll disappear after awhile if you don't mess with them.
    10-23-2011 11:11 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD