10-17-2011 12:33 AM
109 1234 ...
tools
    Never try to get an iSheep to stray from the flock. :D
    actually once the iphone is unlocked ( which takes a simple swipe, and to think that is just an extra step is super lazy) you can double click the home button to bring up itunes and play, ff, rew, and track time bar. and to view the play buttons on the wp7, you still have to press the home button to illuminate the screen, so its not completely touchless. furthormore i hated the fact you couldnt slide to a specific point in a track, you have to hold the ff button, really?
    10-12-2011 04:20 PM
    actually once the iphone is unlocked ( which takes a simple swipe, and to think that is just an extra step is super lazy) you can double click the home button to bring up itunes and play, ff, rew, and track time bar. and to view the play buttons on the wp7, you still have to press the home button to illuminate the screen, so its not completely touchless. furthormore i hated the fact you couldnt slide to a specific point in a track, you have to hold the ff button, really?
    It's all in good fun Dizzy, I have family and a few friends who have an iPhone. I had the first generation iPhone, and did not like it. As long as you're happy, that is all that matters. ;)
    10-12-2011 04:33 PM
    Well with WP7 you just have to hit one button (power) and the music controls are there. Easier on WP7 no question.
    10-12-2011 06:44 PM
    ... which takes a simple swipe, and to think that is just an extra step is super lazy ... ... ... you have to hold the ff button, really?
    Quoted for just sayin' :rolleyes:
    10-12-2011 06:54 PM
    ios has a unified inbox with a notification right on the home screen. You can check them the same way that you do on WP7. One inbox, one notification for emails from all accounts.

FYI, ios gets that today.
    another iOS loyalist to come in and crash the party.
    10-12-2011 08:18 PM
    i cracked, not by choice at fiorst though. i was forced to switch carriers because of a very poor signal in my area. i thought sprint would be better so i gave them a shot . didnt like the htc wp7 they had so i went with a nexus s 4g. signal was worse than it was with tmobile. so i had to crack and head back to big red, verizon.(got an iphone 4) i always have a signal with them but i pay for it. to me it is worth it, which was completely validated while i was in gatlinburg for the weekend. always had a strong signal. while in gatlinburg i had a head to head battle with my brother who is die hard microsoft, despises apple. he has the htc hd7, (my old phone) and i have an iphone 4. both excellent phones, but i must say i beat him on almost every aspect. camera quality, internet speed, app opening, app quality via fps, bing audio vs soundhound, gps, the list went on... given some were carrier based, but overall the iphone wins. specs mean nothing to me, i am basing this off of user experience. iphone 4s sold over 1 million phones in 24 hours, microsoft has a lot of catching up to do... i hope they can swim.

let the bashing begin, im a hypocrite, i know
    what a cavernicola.
    Last edited by theman60099; 10-14-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    10-12-2011 08:21 PM
    I updated my wife's iPhone to IOS 5 today. I must say it's pretty nice. I really like the notifications. Some of the features may not be original but they work well.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    10-12-2011 08:26 PM
    many emails you have in gmail or hotmail without opening your email app and checking two inboxes? You know whose phone can do that from the home screen? Mine. Sounds like you need a WP."

Yep, just had this confab with wifey when she asked me if I could set up gmail AND hotmail notifications on her iPhone home screen.

While my response was greeted with an eye roll, IT WAS A HUSBANDTORIAL MORAL VICTORY OF EPIC BIBLICAL PROPORTION!
    Well, I hate to say this, but I can do that with my so-old-it's-no-longer-manufactured BlackBerry. It shows the total emails from all accounts on the lock screen and you can view the unified inbox or each account separately and it will show the number of unread messages in each inbox.

That said, I would much prefer a WP7 phone. I even convinced my wife to upgrade hers from Android to WP7 but I'm stuck on Verizon for my work and waiting, impatiently, on them to get some new second generation WP7 phones.
    10-12-2011 08:32 PM
    Actually with iPhone to unlock you have to first press the home button. I know all OS need a button press to start the unlock. :D When locked you just double click the home button and the music controls are on screen. At least thats how I thought it worked. I hardly listen to music on my phone. I only have 200 songs. :) Now my home button stopped working as well. So going from very infrequent memory. So technically its easier on WP7 by a single click instead of double click on iOS.
    10-12-2011 08:39 PM
    what an *****.
    *sigh...*

here we go again...

:rolleyes:
    10-12-2011 10:23 PM
    Doesn't iOS 5 have notifications now?
    10-12-2011 10:26 PM
    I got mine when my wife kept asking me to fix her phone and I said I couldn't because the thing she wanted fixed was a inherent flaw in Android (third party apps constantly making her phone run slow, crash, and generally be unreliable). She let me get her an HD7.
    10-13-2011 11:02 PM
    People shouldn't be quick to judge others because they purchased a certain product
    10-14-2011 12:34 AM
    There's no Windows Phone right now that can compete with the Iphone 4 sadly, not in design nor in apps, nor in functionality :(.
    10-14-2011 08:35 AM
    There's no Windows Phone right now that can compete with the Iphone 4 sadly, not in design nor in apps, nor in functionality :(.
    Is someone in a 'Troll' mood today ? ;)

And i just fed you. :(

Sorry but i just can't agree with you on this one.
    10-14-2011 08:43 AM
    Care to be more specific about the functionality? I find my trophy to be just as functional if not more than the iPhone 4.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    10-14-2011 09:21 AM
    Sorry...Can't agree with you my brotha....My GF updated iphone 4 iOS5 Wed night and I still have features she wants...WP7 FTW!!!

:P
    10-14-2011 09:37 AM
    Sad how often this battle comes up. Its like mac vs PC, coke vs pepsi, xbox vs PS3. They all targeted specific groups and tailored their designs to that target group. All will grab some from groups just outside their target market as well. You can tell the difference between the target group and the almost target group. The target group dismisses any shortcoming while the almost group complains about them. Apples target was very concerned with appearance and style. Everything else was secondary. Well, after grabbing their target group they probably started hearing all the shortcomings of their os in comparisons. So they knew what to improve to grab their almost group.
    Windows has done the same thing. Pretty obvious that their OS are completely different in their target audience. iOS is more about apps and wp7 is much more about what the phone allows you to do and how efficiently you can do it. To do the same thing on the iphone that the people hub does, I would have to have a bunch of apps, and have an iphone4 at least to be able to jump between them. Any one want to run a comparison? Get a FB update from a friend, then email or SMS a comment about that update to another friend. When that friend responds then post that comment to your FB friends wall.

You cant please anyone all the time, but you can please someone sometimes.
    cckgz4 likes this.
    10-14-2011 11:20 AM
    I definitely prefer my Mac to Pepsi. Wait, what was the question again?
    jkercado likes this.
    10-14-2011 11:23 AM
    strongly disagree. what en cojos can the iPhone 4 do that any windows phone with mango can't do? i want u to name at least 5 things. bet u that u WILL NOT be able to do this especially since the amount that mango can do overshadows what iOS can do. in other words i can name more things that mango can do that iOS cannot. as for apps iOS has been out since 2007 with the appstore beginning in 2008. windows phone didnt start till just last year, so that comparison is just plain STUPID and idiotic at best
    5 things? From a hardware perspective the iphone 4 camera is better than all current WP7 cameras. High resolution screen and more solid construction(less plastic). However the SAMOLED screen on the focus has it beat on contrast.

From a software standpoint ios clearly has the edge in apps. Apps I would like to have on WP7. And it's those apps that provide functionality that WP7 doesn't have. Yet.
    ibooks and easy syncing via the desktop client. I'd love if WP7 and zune could do this. Notifications on the lockscreen in ios let you directly unlock to the corresponding app. Newstand for magazine subscriptions.

So there's some reasons. You may not care about those. But I do. And others do and can add their own reasons. I can also provide reasons why android is better too if you so wish. And I can tell you my opinions why wp7 is better. They all bring nice unique features to the table.

And lastly, who cares? You use what you like that does what you want and just be happy with it. You shouldn't really be offended or take it personally. Life is too damn short.
    10-14-2011 11:54 AM
    strongly disagree. what en cojos can the iPhone 4 do that any windows phone with mango can't do? i want u to name at least 5 things. bet u that u WILL NOT be able to do this especially since the amount that mango can do overshadows what iOS can do. in other words i can name more things that mango can do that iOS cannot. as for apps iOS has been out since 2007 with the appstore beginning in 2008. windows phone didnt start till just last year, so that comparison is just plain STUPID and idiotic at best
    Video calling (only new WP7 handsets can do that iPhone 4 has been able to from launch)
    Cut and paste of images rather than just text
    Greater than 300ppi display density

That's a few minutes thinking at 6pm on a Friday - I'm sure I can come up with more. But you know what? I don't want to. Nor do I need to see a list of what Mango has. Just for once, let it go eh? Some stuff on other systems is better.
    10-14-2011 11:54 AM
    5 things? From a hardware perspective the iphone 4 camera is better than all current WP7 cameras. High resolution screen and more solid construction(less plastic). However the SAMOLED screen on the focus has it beat on contrast.

From a software standpoint ios clearly has the edge in apps. Apps I would like to have on WP7. And it's those apps that provide functionality that WP7 doesn't have. Yet.
    ibooks and easy syncing via the desktop client. I'd love if WP7 and zune could do this. Notifications on the lockscreen in ios let you directly unlock to the corresponding app. Newstand for magazine subscriptions.

So there's some reasons. You may not care about those. But I do. And others do and can add their own reasons. I can also provide reasons why android is better too if you so wish. And I can tell you my opinions why wp7 is better. They all bring nice unique features to the table.
    Video calling (only new WP7 handsets can do that iPhone 4 has been able to from launch)
    Cut and paste of images rather than just text
    Greater than 300ppi display density

That's a few minutes thinking at 6pm on a Friday - I'm sure I can come up with more. But you know what? I don't want to. Nor do I need to see a list of what Mango has. Just for once, let it go eh? Some stuff on other systems is better.
    i still does not prove his very ignorant and idiotic statement. and HDMI will be brought through DLNA which is what is always being toted in the "if you dont have an iPhone commercials"
    10-14-2011 11:57 AM
    I never said it did. But you know what? It did disprove yours.
    10-14-2011 12:05 PM
    Dont mistake functionality provided by iphone apps for OS functionality because out of the box, a Mangoed WP7 has more functionality than ios on the iphone. Only the apps give it an edge and frankly because of the anti-MS bias I dont expect most of the more popular apps on ios to make it to WP7. And no marketplace is ever going to match apple's for sheer app count so just on that basis a lot of people will judge WP7 as "less functional".
    starblade876 and theman60099 like this.
    10-14-2011 12:14 PM
    Dont mistake functionality provided by iphone apps for OS functionality because out of the box, a Mangoed WP7 has more functionality than ios on the iphone. Only the apps give it an edge and frankly because of the anti-MS bias I dont expect most of the more popular apps on ios to make it to WP7. And no marketplace is ever going to match apple's for sheer app count so just on that basis a lot of people will judge WP7 as "less functional".
    Yes, but no phone stays "out of the box". The apps make the difference.

Now if we are just talking out of the box experience then i'd say the debate is more between android and WP7. But really just different feature sets and I like them both. My needs for the "out of the box" experience do align more closely with WP7. For a built in integrated experience that even extends to 3rd party i'd pick android. For sheer app variety and selection then I would pick ios. They all have something I like.
    10-14-2011 12:42 PM
109 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD