WP Spousal Vindication: "Oh, you're iPhone can't tell you how.....

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
My boss got her update yesterday and didn't knew what was new. I played with it for a second and I show her the volume to take pictures think. + takes picture - focus, it's pretty neat.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
cool, half way through and there is already a war happening that was on another thread too lol

so, help me with this, my gf wants an iphone, i asked her why, her answer was because everyone else has one *point at TV news* :(

how do i convince her thats not true and bring her to the wp camp XD

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
My boss got her update yesterday and didn't knew what was new. I played with it for a second and I show her the volume to take pictures think. + takes picture - focus, it's pretty neat.

not as neat as slightly pressing down the camera button to focus if auto focus doesn't kick in.

wolf1891

May 12, 2011
Visit site
now how en demonios is Android better out of the box than wp7? uve seriously lost ur mind now.

okay... Seriously... can you possibly make a post to someone you don't agree with here (and that seems to be just about everyone by the way) and NOT be rude and insulting?

*shakes head...*

:rolleyes:

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
not as neat as slightly pressing down the camera button to focus if auto focus doesn't kick in.

Funny you should mention that, I was taking a picture today and I got that little information bubble about this mid photo. Hadn't seen it before, thought it was a pretty cool idea.

starblade876

Jan 14, 2010
grrrinders.com
cool, half way through and there is already a war happening that was on another thread too lol

so, help me with this, my gf wants an iphone, i asked her why, her answer was because everyone else has one *point at TV news* :(

Has she seen how smooth it is? What features might she like? Fast, easy camera maybe?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Show het how easy it is to connect with her friends without having to use 1000 apps. Shell like that. Much easier than iPhone. Plus, its just cool to not have a phone "because everyone else has one."

Sent from my non mindless sheep iphone Samsung Focus using Board Express

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

If you've got one let her play with it and show her what it can do. That's probably the best way. Facebook and twitter integration, local scout, bing vision, multitasking, show all that cool stuff off!

okay... Seriously... can you possibly make a post to someone you don't agree with here (and that seems to be just about everyone by the way) and NOT be rude and insulting?

*shakes head...*

:rolleyes:

Don't think he can.

Nataku4ca

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
lol only if I could show her one, i've been wanting to get one but has been holding out for searay (probably next year...), but in light of the event => phone gift if you make two apps that MS deem worthy, i started making them and hoping they would like my apps and give me searay :p (i think it was a news from a few weeks ago)

this is what i don't understand about girls, they plug their ear and look at the other way whenever i bring her into a cell store that actually had a wp7 running, i played with it and likes it, and the girls (including my sis) i bring in just goes into day dreaming mode while i show them the stuff =..=

now pray for my app to be a success so i can smudge the gift in their faces lol :p

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sad how often this battle comes up. Its like mac vs PC, coke vs pepsi, xbox vs PS3. They all targeted specific groups and tailored their designs to that target group. All will grab some from groups just outside their target market as well. You can tell the difference between the target group and the almost target group. The target group dismisses any shortcoming while the almost group complains about them. Apples target was very concerned with appearance and style. Everything else was secondary. Well, after grabbing their target group they probably started hearing all the shortcomings of their os in comparisons. So they knew what to improve to grab their almost group.
Windows has done the same thing. Pretty obvious that their OS are completely different in their target audience. iOS is more about apps and wp7 is much more about what the phone allows you to do and how efficiently you can do it. To do the same thing on the iphone that the people hub does, I would have to have a bunch of apps, and have an iphone4 at least to be able to jump between them. Any one want to run a comparison? Get a FB update from a friend, then email or SMS a comment about that update to another friend. When that friend responds then post that comment to your FB friends wall.

You cant please anyone all the time, but you can please someone sometimes.

Pretty much. This forum is starting to turn into a place where people feel the need to get some reasurrance of why they chose the phone they have and that's something I wanted to get away from on the other forum I post on. Be happy with what you got and STOP COMPARING. My God I get so tired of hearing the ENDLESS bickering and whining and bragging. So WHAT? Be happy with what you got or put an end to your misery by purchasing something that works for you

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Oh, Power5, its on!
Superman (4)
Batman (4, the Shumacher trash doesnt count, although he did recently apologize for Batman Forever. he also said WB kept him from making a Nolan-esque Dark Knight movie, right.)
Batman the Animated Series: Mask of the Phantasm was awesome and got a theatrical release
Green Lantern, decent. Not great, but nowhere near as horrible as it was said to be

Hands down the biggest DC cinematic contributions are what is coming out of the DCAU. Absolutely killer animated features, and I think they are almost at 10 with more on the way.

The new Batman Year One movie looks awesome. Yeah, now what????? :p

Now what? Avengers! Full Theatrical Trailer For The Avengers Officially Hits The Net!

ikkf

Apr 29, 2011
Visit site
Man, you know what I've been thinking? If WP7 gets really big, that'll be great. But the tradeoff will be we'll get that much more bickering and complaining on the forums here.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Batman. The perfect example of quality over quantity.

:p ;)

I disagree

batman-robin-clooney-odonnell.jpg

joemd60

Sep 14, 2011
Visit site
Pretty much. This forum is starting to turn into a place where people feel the need to get some reasurrance of why they chose the phone they have and that's something I wanted to get away from on the other forum I post on. Be happy with what you got and STOP COMPARING. My God I get so tired of hearing the ENDLESS bickering and whining and bragging. So WHAT? Be happy with what you got or put an end to your misery by purchasing something that works for you

And that's where the Mods come in. When the bickering and flaming starts, lock the thread.;)

canesfan625

Mar 31, 2011
Visit site
Yes, but no phone stays "out of the box". The apps make the difference.

Now if we are just talking out of the box experience then i'd say the debate is more between android and WP7. But really just different feature sets and I like them both. My needs for the "out of the box" experience do align more closely with WP7. For a built in integrated experience that even extends to 3rd party i'd pick android. For sheer app variety and selection then I would pick ios. They all have something I like.

I would like to see a comparison of NoDo/Mango vs iOS 1.x-3.x. lol That is all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss