WP Spousal Vindication: "Oh, you're iPhone can't tell you how.....

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
many emails you have in gmail or hotmail without opening your email app and checking two inboxes? You know whose phone can do that from the home screen? Mine. Sounds like you need a WP."

Yep, just had this confab with wifey when she asked me if I could set up gmail AND hotmail notifications on her iPhone home screen.

While my response was greeted with an eye roll, IT WAS A HUSBANDTORIAL MORAL VICTORY OF EPIC BIBLICAL PROPORTION!

Vector555

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I have two friends who just switched from iphone to android. Neither are techies. I can't figure it out. One of them simply said because android is everywhere. =[. My wife still uses a messaging phone. I'll update her one of these days.

Sent from something somewhere.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
While watching the TIGERS/Rangers game at the bar, the wife and I were having races, her iPhone vs. my Focus. Mostly on finding the name of the song playing on the jukebox. I won every time. Yea WP7!!!

Although...once her Soundhound did find it...she had the lyrics and other info about the song right there, I had to go to the market place to find artist info and there wasn't a quick connect to other apps so I could instantly open that song in my "Lyrics" app. So, I won on speed, she won on information.

fernandez21

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
many emails you have in gmail or hotmail without opening your email app and checking two inboxes? You know whose phone can do that from the home screen? Mine. Sounds like you need a WP."

Yep, just had this confab with wifey when she asked me if I could set up gmail AND hotmail notifications on her iPhone home screen.

While my response was greeted with an eye roll, IT WAS A HUSBANDTORIAL MORAL VICTORY OF EPIC BIBLICAL PROPORTION!

she could download the hotmail app and have that separate from her gmail account in the mail app to have the separate icons and badges. She won't be able to have them together in the universal inbox however.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
LOL, I was just showing my phone to a hot girl that works in front of my. I show her that I could use Zune while unlocked and pictures will show etc...

She was like: Well I have an iphone so... * raise eyebrow* *unlocks the phone, goes to itunes and shows me her player*

I was like: This is the lock screen. * unlocks phone*

She:... meh I don't care.

lol you can't just convert iphone believers :)

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site

ios has a unified inbox with a notification right on the home screen. You can check them the same way that you do on WP7. One inbox, one notification for emails from all accounts.

LOL, I was just showing my phone to a hot girl that works in front of my. I show her that I could use Zune while unlocked and pictures will show etc...

She was like: Well I have an iphone so... * raise eyebrow* *unlocks the phone, goes to itunes and shows me her player*

I was like: This is the lock screen. * unlocks phone*

She:... meh I don't care.

lol you can't just convert iphone believers :)

FYI, ios gets that today.

archer75

Aug 15, 2011
Visit site
Awesome, now she will she the usefulnesses of that. Is great when you have it on your car.

It sure is! I just wish that in addition to the typical buttons on the lock screen that other apps like slacker radio or last.fm would also put their rating buttons on the lock screen too. Maybe a way to switch stations from there too. That would benefit me enormously.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
ios has a unified inbox with a notification right on the home screen. You can check them the same way that you do on WP7. One inbox, one notification for emails from all accounts.

Good for Apple, getting another idea from WP7, atleast all the companies steal the good ideas from one another

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
Android too. You can customize the every loving crap out of it's lock screen.
Yes, I've seen the direct rip they did with the Zune feature..I was like "Could you at least change the font??"
LOL, still good to see them all make each other do more and more.

scottcraft

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking iOS 5 included lock screen notifications but couldn't remember for sure.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Seems ios 5 is really just a total rip off of other smartphone platforms, but the users and tech press will act as if apple invented everything themselves. Probably try and patent all the copied stuff too. Really cant stand that company, and their mindless followers.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo