So we have Xbox Live

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
I really, really don't think this can be said enough. For "the only phone with xbox live" to lag so far behind Android and iOS is inexplicable. I'd really hoped mango would see a big upswing in more advanced games, but as yet they still don't seem to be coming.

As an avid gamer, should I switch back to iOS in the future I would guess that this would be the no. 1 reason on my list.

Winterfang

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
Yeah and Microsoft don't seem to be doing anything about it. I love gaming on my phone but the games are very crappy. And no good original stuff.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Airplay is one of the features I really wish WP had (I guess I should put that in the 'what's missing' thread). I don't really care for games that require 4 people to all have the same type of device and a compatible TV, but it is a cool setup.

You've seen things like the xbox companion app - I think it's coming, albeit slowly for our taste.

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
I'm really pissed that one of the best games on wp7 is now broken since the Mango update, which is Twin Blades!!!!

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
actually the games our comming.. you guys expecting Dev to make full EPIC games in 1month?

i dont see how Twin of blades is every once fav game , it borring lol ... but w/e

Apoc

Jun 29, 2011
Visit site
actually the games our comming.. you guys expecting Dev to make full EPIC games in 1month?

i dont see how Twin of blades is every once fav game , it borring lol ... but w/e

What? How could you say that? Who are you and what have you done with the real Se1f??? Someone go to his location, he is probably tied up in the basement!

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Yeah and Microsoft don't seem to be doing anything about it. I love gaming on my phone but the games are very crappy. And no good original stuff.

As a matter of fact, same with the Xbox 360. The number of 1st party games is tiny compared to the PS3, with only Gears, Halo, Forza coming to mind as the true AAA 360 games. Everything else is multiplatform with the Live service giving the 360 the edge which doesnt apply to WP7. MS seems to have just stopped caring about getting real exclusives on their console from 3rd parties or developing them in-house and that seems to be reflected in their lack of good games on WP7. They should be leading the way, not waiting for others to come to their platform, after all they have a console game studio and created one for the phone, so what have they been doing all this time?

Cant believe they have Halo in their stable and their first game was Beards & Beaks, not even a hint of a top class game. No real time MP, from them or anyone else even though its supposedly supported. Last year we had demo's showing games syncing across the PC, Xbox and WP7, what happend to that? Not even a simple card game as POC? Few years ago we had Crackdown, Too Human, PGR, Perfect Dark and probably others but now its all about COD, DLC and signing people up to more services on Live. The focus on games seems to have gone from MS and until they get it back, WP7 will probably continue to lag behind ios and android.

Where are these games? Havent seen mention of anything WP7 exclusive or competitive with the best of other platforms, and devs have had the Mango SDK for months so there's really no reason why we shouldnt be seeing at least announcments of better games coming to WP7.

selfcreation

Dec 16, 2010
Visit site
Where are these games? Havent seen mention of anything WP7 exclusive or competitive with the best of other platforms, and devs have had the Mango SDK for months so there's really no reason why we shouldnt be seeing at least announcments of better games coming to WP7.

here is one..:“Wowo World” Microsoft Silverlight MMORPG Shown In Real-time On Windows Phone 7 | WP7 Connect

of many...

What? How could you say that? Who are you and what have you done with the real Se1f??? Someone go to his location, he is probably tied up in the basement!

me and my G-f broke up Over the week end (4years)... i think im finding everything boring these
dayz.....

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Not to knock Wowo world, and the crossover is nice, but that's still fairly (technically) basic isometric, sprite-based gameplay. Looking at stuff like Infinity Blade 2, which even runs on a lowly iPhone 3GS, and the near-total lack of advanced 3D games on WP7, and I have to wonder - is it something about the design of the WP7 OS that means it just can't handle them that well?

Any devs shed some light on this?

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm surprised that WP7 has as many games as it does considering sales are atrocious right now. I think that speaks a lot for Microsoft's desire and ability to bring developers to the platform. However, more devs won't adapt WP7 until more phones fly off the shelf. Devs will hold off on making bigger and better games until they see that there's a significant amount of money to be made.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I'm surprised that WP7 has as many games as it does considering sales are atrocious right now. I think that speaks a lot for Microsoft's desire and ability to bring developers to the platform. However, more devs won't adapt WP7 until more phones fly off the shelf. Devs will hold off on making bigger and better games until they see that there's a significant amount of money to be made.

Not really expecting 3rd party devs to make WP7 their top focus right now, however nothing is stopping Microsoft from developing their own games that highlight the platform, especially integrating with Xbox Live. Thats really my issue, 1st party support is poor, hardly surprising 3rd parties arent putting much effort into WP7 support.

1jaxstate1

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Something must be going wrong. Are pigs flying!:) I agree with you. I was sure that MS would be developing some kick *** top notch 1st party games every now and then, and the 3rd party games would just hold us over until the next 1st party game. Not so much.
Not really expecting 3rd party devs to make WP7 their top focus right now, however nothing is stopping Microsoft from developing their own games that highlight the platform, especially integrating with Xbox Live. Thats really my issue, 1st party support is poor, hardly surprising 3rd parties arent putting much effort into WP7 support.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Microsoft should by the rights to all the old Amiga 500 classics and re-release them on WP7. Online Supercars 2, Speedball 2, Turrican 2... a lot of 2's here lol....Lotus Esprit Turbo Challenge, Another World, Shadow of The Beast, Hero Quest... and the list goes on.

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys good news MS bought twisted pixel creators of gunstringer and ms xplosion man. I expect them to start working on WP exclusives soon.

Also I think Microsoft is not going to focus on games until WP8 (Apollo) handsets come out. Don't get me wrong they will provide a casual game here and there on WP7 but with WP8 I expect to play some XBLA arcade titles on phones and you never know if MS is going to bring Halo, Gears or Forza to the mobile platform.

Maybe they will announce something at next years E3. I expect MS to go guns blazing with more Xbox and Zune features on the next Windows phone update

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys good news MS bought twisted pixel creators of gunstringer and ms xplosion man. I expect them to start working on WP exclusives soon.

Also I think Microsoft is not going to focus on games until WP8 (Apollo) handsets come out. Don't get me wrong they will provide a casual game here and there on WP7 but with WP8 I expect to play some XBLA arcade titles on phones and you never know if MS is going to bring Halo, Gears or Forza to the mobile platform.

Maybe they will announce something at next years E3. I expect MS to go guns blazing with more Xbox and Zune features on the next Windows phone update
waving.gif

welcome.gif

How i loved Twisted Pixels 'The Maw'!

It was quite basic but there was something I really liked about it.

Maybe the sort of hand drawn look, dunno. I think i was the only one who liked it lol

Welcome along to WPC based_graham :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium