TellMe People Hub

fifthGear

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
Fairly new to WP7. Came over about a month ago from my launch day Palm Pre (DOWN WITH HP!!! A-hem, sorry... a little typing turrents going on there).

So I really love TellMe and how I can have a text conversation in my car without ever having to touch, or even look at, my phone. However, I'm wondering if there's a way to make TellMe respond to different names for the same contact. For example, my mother is on FB so she's in 'People' by her name. OK, so I can say, "Call Daveda", but the TellMe doesn't know whom I'm talking about if I say, "Call Ma" or "Call Mom". This is similar for friends I have with nic names or shortened names (e.g. saying Bob for Robert). Is there any way I can do this or can I only have one "TellMe name" for each contact?

Thanks for the help.

dtboos

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
It will go by either name, but if you don't have them linked and her facebook profile doesn't have the number it won't be able to call it.

Since your moms real name (facebook) and other contact name (ma, mom ect) are different you'll need to link them manually. In the contact hit the little chain-link icon to link contacts.

I call my brother by his 'contact' name which is different from his facebook name all the time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6