Bluetooth Woes

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
I've complained on here about my fun times with Bluetooth in my car. For whatever reason the TellMe lady is really quiet after the Mango update. Today I finally figured it out why. It looks like the TellMe lady's voice volume is based on the ringer volume. I usually keep my phone at 15 of 30. That means she's at half volume. Meanwhile voice calls seem to always come in loud (they use a different volume).

Is this annoying for anyone else? I think with NoDo her voice was always at full volume. I don't get why they'd base it on ringer volume. Keep the volume the same as voice calls. Plus most Bluetooth devices have volume controls on them. Turn the volume up to something normal and let the device control the volume.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I didn't have a problem with this in my car, because my car doesn't have A2DP. My voice calls seemed fine.

However, I just got a Cardo Scala device for my motorcycle helmet. I had my phone at 30/30 volume and the music was blasting me. I couldn't figure out how to change the volume on my bluetooth device yet so I changed it on my phone to 20/30. Then when I tried to make a call, I couldn't hear the bluetooth lady and my call was really quiet. My girlfriend said she could hear me great (she didn't believe I was on a motorcycle), but I couldn't hear her.

Looks like I'll have to keep my phone on 30/30 and learn how to adjust the volume on my bluetooth device. Plus, I'll have to adjust it based on whether I'm listening to music or making a call, which will be fun to do with gloves on.

camaroz1985

Sep 29, 2011
Visit site
Bringing this back up.

Which Scala rider do you have? The G4 is the only one that will remember different volume levels for different functions (phone, mp3, fm, etc.).

That said even with my volume at 30/30 on the phone, and at max on the scala it isn't loud enough when streaming music. Radio is fine, gps is fine, it's just any sounds coming from the phone.

Anyone find a fix to allow bluetooth volume to be increased?

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have the Scala G4 Power. I haven't used it that much lately. It's been raining too much. I decided to keep the phone at 30/30 and adjust the volume on the Scala G4 as needed, which isn't easy with gloves on.

jvaudio27

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an issue with Bluetooth volume as well. On both my Plantronics and Jawbone, I can barely hear the other party. Even if I have the volume set to 30, I can't improve the situation. The volume rocker on my BT does not seem to have an effect either. I wish there was a fix as the few times that I actually talk on the phone are in the car, and a hands-free device is required.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99