This thread all about THREADS

chapmattman

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Hi-
I am a new user to Windows Phone 7, I really LOVE the experience so far. How do I get my THREADS to work correctly? I have a contact whose number is linked to his facebook. I have texted him, and I have facebook chatted him (on computer). Shouldn't those both show up in my thread for him??

I setup the facebook chat, but is it only for Chat? IE do messages sent back and forth also add to the thread?

The WP7 online guide says that it will automatically put these into my threads. All I see when I click his messaging is the text messages.

Thanks

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

Have you checked your facebook chat is on ?

Settings / Applications / Messaging (Turn on facebook chat)

And welcome along to WPC chapmattman :)

You could always mess around in www.windowsphone.com settings when you login there.

Go to your contacts and then services, there's facebook settings in there too.

Good luck chapmattman on and make sure you are available / online for chat too.

(When in threads click the little messenger like icon at the bottom and make yourself available)

Last edited:

chapmattman

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
I just turned it on, maybe I have to wait for it to sync a bit? I don't see the

-->
<--

button (two arrows pointing each way) at the bottom of any of my threads.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Not sure what you mean about the arrows chapmattman, when i get text or facebook chat they just appear in the normal thread with either text or facebook above them.

Oh i see what you mean now, the switch icon.

You've definately merged / linked your contacts with your facebook contacts ?

Not sure what else to suggest.

Last edited:

cdook

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Yea make sure his Facebook profile is linked to his calling profile. Also... Are you connected to Facebook chat? Make sure you can see online people in the Messaging hub in the Online section.

chapmattman

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
OK, I changed the status on MY side to online, and it is working. I guess it doesn't retroactively put in the threads, like Facebook does...

thed

Jan 6, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I use FB chat on the PC it shows up on my phone as well. It actually gets annoying sometimes because the alert sound on the phone keeps playing over and over while I'm chatting on the PC.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I use FB chat on the PC it shows up on my phone as well. It actually gets annoying sometimes when the alert sound on the phone keeps playing over and over while I'm chatting on the PC.

Sent from my HTC Trophy using Board Express
Mine's has never done that. Interesting. :)

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
waving.gif

welcome.gif

Have you checked your facebook chat is on ?

Settings / Applications / Messaging (Turn on facebook chat)

And welcome along to WPC chapmattman :)

You could always mess around in Windows Phone | Cell Phones, Mobile Downloads, Mobile Apps, and More | Windows Phone 7 settings when you login there.

Go to your contacts and then services, there's facebook settings in there too.

Good luck chapmattman on and make sure you are available / online for chat too.

(When in threads click the little messenger like icon at the bottom and make yourself available)

Just curious as when I go to settings applications messaging there is no option to turn on facebook chat

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I have 3 options in my messaging settings, Facebook Chat On/Off, SMS Delivery confirmation On/Off, and Group Text On/Off

Have you got facebook set up on the phone? No idea why the facebook chat on/off should be missing jfa1.

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
well I had the app but it was not linked so I went in and did that. I dont know if I will keep it on Its given my contacts a whole bunch more entries But faceboon chat is now on there with Windows Live

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
well I had the app but it was not linked so I went in and did that. I dont know if I will keep it on Its given my contacts a whole bunch more entries But faceboon chat is now on there with Windows Live
Oh good jfa1, remember you can filter your facebook contacts, go into people hub and there's a filter my contact list and only show posts from people visible in your contact list settings etc.

That might tidy things up a wee bit for you. :)

jdd77

Sep 24, 2011
Visit site
How do you delete a thread you started..like if someone answered your question or you stumbled upon the answer yourself, and no longer want it to be a topic?

Dagolara

Feb 7, 2011
Visit site
How do you delete a thread you started..like if someone answered your question or you stumbled upon the answer yourself, and no longer want it to be a topic?

Easiest way probably would be to click the report post icon in the opening response and stating that you would like the thread deleted for whatever reason(s), users can't delete their own threads on their own.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte