10-19-2011 11:15 AM
32 12
tools
    We all know it's just a matter of time before we are no longer ignored.

Microsoft Claws Back to Smartphone Relevance: Rich Jaroslovsky - Bloomberg

Just Sharing. :)
    10-13-2011 03:06 PM
    Good news! Should be continuing with new phones coming out in Europe and Nokia World coming soon. Ad campaigns kicking in. Hopefully Mango updates finished within the next couple of weeks or sooner!
    10-13-2011 03:12 PM

I am looking forward to Windows 8 and a unified platform across devices. Nobody can ignore that.
    10-13-2011 03:13 PM
    I am looking forward to Windows 8 and a unified platform across devices. Nobody can ignore that.
    and after all ud still complain of the multitasking. I still want u to provide a source.
    10-13-2011 03:16 PM
    and after all ud still complain of the multitasking. I still want u to provide a source.
    I might, if Windows 8 does not improve its multitasking to allow users to reorder the apps. It works really well if you only have two apps open, but not so much if you have 10 of them and want number 3 and number 7 to be side by side.

Another thing yet to be seen is how Windows is going to adapt to life on a portable device with limited resource. Unlike wp7, Windows has true multitasking. However, it's also bloated. How to keep true multitasking without impact system performance will be a great challenge for Microsoft.
    10-13-2011 03:35 PM

Excellent article. Glad to see the word is getting out.

Sent from my Windows 7 phone using Board Express
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    10-13-2011 03:38 PM
    That guy doesnt look happy, WP7 must have made a very good impression on him. :)
    10-13-2011 03:46 PM
    I might, if Windows 8 does not improve its multitasking to allow users to reorder the apps. It works really well if you only have two apps open, but not so much if you have 10 of them and want number 3 and number 7 to be side by side.

Another thing yet to be seen is how Windows is going to adapt to life on a portable device with limited resource. Unlike wp7, Windows has true multitasking. However, it's also bloated. How to keep true multitasking without impact system performance will be a great challenge for Microsoft.
    it was already demonstrated that even the windows 8 betas were running smoother and taking up less resources than wp7 on a 1GB ram machine. which is good because right now my arrive is trouching the heck out of my dual core gateway GT5238E PC from 2006 with windows 7.
    10-13-2011 04:01 PM
    I'm guessing they'll launch the Sea Ray at Nokia World?
    jaded skies likes this.
    10-13-2011 04:05 PM
    I'm guessing they'll launch the Sea Ray at Nokia World?
    They might surprise you and launch the Nokia Ray at Sea World Pronk. ;)
    Pete C, kallemia and jaded skies like this.
    10-13-2011 04:07 PM
    it was already demonstrated that even the windows 8 betas were running smoother and taking up less resources than wp7 on a 1GB ram machine. which is good because right now my arrive is trouching the heck out of my dual core gateway GT5238E PC from 2006 with windows 7.
    I had a Samsung Q1U with 1GHz CPU and 2GB memory running Windows 7. I put the Windows 8 dev RC on it and it hardly moved.
    10-13-2011 04:12 PM
    I hope it's waterproof then!
    kallemia and jaded skies like this.
    10-13-2011 04:12 PM
    I ran Windows 8 in parallels on my mac to give it, a try, and it ran just as fast as Windows 7 does in the same setup. So I dunno if it'll be faster for everyone, but at least at this point it certainly isn't any slower.
    10-13-2011 04:15 PM
    I hope it's waterproof then!
    Absolutely, just like the IS12T

Doing! Doing! Doing! Arrrrgh! LOL :)
    jaded skies likes this.
    10-13-2011 04:18 PM
    I had a Samsung Q1U with 1GHz CPU and 2GB memory running Windows 7. I put the Windows 8 dev RC on it and it hardly moved.
    that's because u have a Samsung
    10-13-2011 04:27 PM
    that's because u have a Samsung
    There must be something in the hardware of the Q1U that causes it to run poorly. It did run Windows 7 well though (better than Vista).
    10-13-2011 04:31 PM
    yes, it does look very promising especially with the likely improvement of hardware specs over the next year. Microsoft needs to keep the number of services running to the minimum. I have high hopes for windows 8. Can't wait.
    10-13-2011 05:07 PM

Great post! Excellent news! Thanks for sharing!
    10-13-2011 09:15 PM
    I think the biggest problem for WP7 is lack of 4G.
    10-13-2011 09:16 PM
    I think the biggest problem for WP7 is lack of 4G.
    4G isn't even available everywhere yet, its all still technically 3G anyway. iPhone doesn't have 4G either but they dont seem to be complaining.
    10-13-2011 10:39 PM
    4G isn't even available everywhere yet, its all still technically 3G anyway. iPhone doesn't have 4G either but they dont seem to be complaining.
    But it might be available for him
    10-14-2011 12:37 AM
    What is imo key to how successfull in the long run (!) a smartphone OS is, is the ecosystem (which includes more than the available apps) around it. Microsoft is going in the right direction with the windows live services, the integration of xbox, kinect and windows 8 with eachother in the future. If it's intuitive and simple enough then they have a good chance to increase marketshare. And if they're at the same time able to allow a certain extent of customization (e.g. I'd like to be able to turn off the adress bar in landscape mode on WP7, other might like it that way; or people want the favorites and tabs button back, others don't) they'll make even more customers happy.
    And please MS get some promotion + information on why WP7 is different compared to the others started.
    10-17-2011 05:24 AM
    Android is a mobile phone operating system developed by the search provider Google. Used on a wide variety of smart phones, Android is currently the best selling mobile operating system in the world. Android is an open source OS, letting anyone develop their own software (such as applications or games) to be run on Android platforms. The Android OS is also used in tablet computers, with the latest version being Android 3.0. While the Android OS has been in use since 2008, regular updates and support for Google keeps Android the leading-edge system it is today.
    ummmm... did we just get android spammed?
    10-17-2011 11:10 AM
    And you were the first to feed the troll! LOL ;)
    10-17-2011 11:21 AM
    Im waiting to see the sea ray announced before buying a phone, but i'll probably get the 4s.
    10-17-2011 11:28 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD