The Eyes Opening To WP7 Is Beginning

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
Good news! Should be continuing with new phones coming out in Europe and Nokia World coming soon. Ad campaigns kicking in. Hopefully Mango updates finished within the next couple of weeks or sooner!

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site
and after all ud still complain of the multitasking. I still want u to provide a source.

I might, if Windows 8 does not improve its multitasking to allow users to reorder the apps. It works really well if you only have two apps open, but not so much if you have 10 of them and want number 3 and number 7 to be side by side.

Another thing yet to be seen is how Windows is going to adapt to life on a portable device with limited resource. Unlike wp7, Windows has true multitasking. However, it's also bloated. How to keep true multitasking without impact system performance will be a great challenge for Microsoft.

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
I might, if Windows 8 does not improve its multitasking to allow users to reorder the apps. It works really well if you only have two apps open, but not so much if you have 10 of them and want number 3 and number 7 to be side by side.

Another thing yet to be seen is how Windows is going to adapt to life on a portable device with limited resource. Unlike wp7, Windows has true multitasking. However, it's also bloated. How to keep true multitasking without impact system performance will be a great challenge for Microsoft.

it was already demonstrated that even the windows 8 betas were running smoother and taking up less resources than wp7 on a 1GB ram machine. which is good because right now my arrive is trouching the heck out of my dual core gateway GT5238E PC from 2006 with windows 7.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
it was already demonstrated that even the windows 8 betas were running smoother and taking up less resources than wp7 on a 1GB ram machine. which is good because right now my arrive is trouching the heck out of my dual core gateway GT5238E PC from 2006 with windows 7.

I had a Samsung Q1U with 1GHz CPU and 2GB memory running Windows 7. I put the Windows 8 dev RC on it and it hardly moved.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site

I ran Windows 8 in parallels on my mac to give it, a try, and it ran just as fast as Windows 7 does in the same setup. So I dunno if it'll be faster for everyone, but at least at this point it certainly isn't any slower.

species5618

Oct 2, 2011
Visit site

yes, it does look very promising especially with the likely improvement of hardware specs over the next year. Microsoft needs to keep the number of services running to the minimum. I have high hopes for windows 8. Can't wait.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mducros