IE9 Mobile Broken?

Almrls

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
I can no longer open tabs in WP version of IE9.

I was using the internet, often opening links in often a new tab, like I've done many, many times since updating to WP7.5 Mango. Pages were starting to load slowly because my laptop was being used on the same WiFi network. Suddenly, getting to the tabs screen took longer than usual. Then I could not close any tabs for a while. When I could again, I could not open any tabs.
So I rebooted the phone, same problem. Pages still load, all my favorites are there, and history is there, but when I open the tabs screen, it does not show my current open page. If I try to create a new tab, it shows a blank tab where my current page should be, and does not open up. I also cannot close this new tab, nor can I open an additional one, the button gets grayed out. I have to hit the back button to go back to the page I was on.
I have tried rebooting the phone 2 more times, everything else works fine, except for the tabs in IE9 mobile.

Is there a way of booting in a type of 'safe mode?' Should I restore the phone to the last restore point? A solution not involving wiping the phone clean would be appreciated.

*Update: After an additional reboot, IE no longer boots up at all. The tiles flips but come back, and nothing happens. Everything else still works fine.

Last edited:

theman60099

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Visit site
try restoring the backup created before updating to mango and then re-update from that. sounds like something got corrupted during the flashing process.

musicmadman1

Jan 12, 2012
Visit site
Exactly the same thing's just happened to me. Did restoring the backup solve the problem? (Thought I'd ask before I go ahead and delete all of my messages from the last few months for no reason...)

Diamondx_8

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I have been running into issues with IE9 for the past two days. Sometimes a page will not load or render correctly. The half loaded page just freezes and then splits into multiple parts. Don't understand that.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss