10-15-2011 06:57 AM
27 12
tools
    ever sints mango came out a couple weeks ago.... ALL the threads are freaking complaints..

WP needs this , WP needs that, wp wp,wp,wp,wp forgot this , wp STFU! and move on or accept it.

they made a web site SPECIFICLY FOR YOUR complaints!!: www.playxbla.com

-How bout them new games coming out :)

-New phones :)

-New efforts by MS ,Samsung , Nokia for advertising :)

-MS doing MORE then any other OS for DEV (dev support ) ( even Iphone Dev asking apple to be more like MS ) :)

-MS actually taking our advice for change!! compare to Apple who says ..*u get what we give you*. :)

-How bout the 500 NEW FEATURE we got?? but no lets complain about the ONE feature you dint get..... :)

:) :) :) :) Im pretty sure the good OUTWEIGH the bad…… :) :) :) :)

if not try an Iphone or an Android :)
    Last edited by Se1fcr3ation; 10-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    10-14-2011 03:30 PM
    I agree, everyone tries to compare it to other OS phones. Each OS has there own positives and negatives. There is not one perfect phone or everyone would have it. If you like Mango great! If not like the person above said, move on.

If you enjoy Xbox, Facebook, Skype, and use a Windows 7 Computer with Office Docs then you will probably be pretty happy with WP7

If you use Google products (gmail, docs, google +, etc) and enjoy being able to upload just about whatever you want from a computer to your phone then use Android.

If you want the best gaming on cell phones and use a Mac or iPad then use a iPhone.

Each person is different, its just about what works best for you. I myself love to game a lot (xbox), so thats why I am torn between a iPhone and a WP7. As much as I love WP7, the games and prices are just not there...yet. Hopefully it will get more products and the WP7 rises
    WayneDiesel34 likes this.
    10-14-2011 03:39 PM
    Hey, I guess MS can't please everybody lol.
    10-14-2011 03:42 PM
    sure ok im in a VERY BAD MOOD and all i notice is the negative.... but honestly

im MORE happy with my WP7 then i have EVER been with ANY OTHER PHONE in my life!!!

its its frustrating to just see complaints every second tread

-how MS screw up
    -will wp7 die
    -Dissapointed again in Carriers and WP7

-crapped on again by xbox live

CRAPED on your self for buying a phone that dint fit your needs!!!!

the list goes on and on and on and on and on and on and on and on...................
    theman60099 likes this.
    10-14-2011 03:46 PM
    Lmfao! Sometimes you just gotta log off for a few hours. Hahahahahah
    Last edited by 1jaxstate1; 10-14-2011 at 03:56 PM.
    foosball likes this.
    10-14-2011 03:49 PM
    While some complaints can be a bit silly, getting frustrated over people's complaints is a bit much, don't you think? I see no point in creating a thread just to tell people to STFU.
    astroXP and Judge_Daniel like this.
    10-14-2011 03:50 PM
    While some complaints can be a bit silly, getting frustrated over people's complaints is a bit much, don't you think? I see no point in creating a thread just to tell people to STFU.
    yeap just as useless as your comment :) accept mine was a thread instead of a post.
    10-14-2011 03:54 PM
    LoL... my point is to take it easy. It seems you are taking way too personal.
    astroXP and Judge_Daniel like this.
    10-14-2011 03:58 PM
    about time someone feels the same way I do. on XDA it's really bad over there with this and just general bashing and the mods don't do anything about it. I've seen complaints over a progress bar, over how this mobile site renders fonts, lack of stop button etc.
    10-14-2011 03:59 PM
    haha, I was going to complain about making a complaint thread but you do have a point, there's more complaining than excitement. I guess that shows how much MS still lives in the shadow of iOS and Android. There's a whole lotta good stuff in Mango but the thing people concentrate on the most are Mango's shortcomings in comparison to iOS/Android.
    WayneDiesel34 and theman60099 like this.
    10-14-2011 03:59 PM
    There is a ton of good in wp7. I do not think anyone doubts that. How many threads have you satisfied people posted talking about the great features you like and how you use them to make your life simpler. Let me go check the threads.

Not a single thread in the WP7 OS discussion forum page1. Not a single one. There are some comparison threads. How to make a phone update to mango and a few reviews posted. So it may seem like every other thread is a complaint because none of the pundits are posting appreciation threads. I do not mean "Thank you MS for this wonderful mobile OS." threads either. Some with real content. Get on it. Its half your guys fault.
    Vallos likes this.
    10-14-2011 04:27 PM
    There is a ton of good in wp7. I do not think anyone doubts that. How many threads have you satisfied people posted talking about the great features you like and how you use them to make your life simpler. Let me go check the threads.

Not a single thread in the WP7 OS discussion forum page1. Not a single one. There are some comparison threads. How to make a phone update to mango and a few reviews posted. So it may seem like every other thread is a complaint because none of the pundits are posting appreciation threads. I do not mean "Thank you MS for this wonderful mobile OS." threads either. Some with real content. Get on it. Its half your guys fault.
    and if we did that I'm sure those caverncolas will go in and derail those threads too.
    10-14-2011 04:34 PM
    Let me throw this out for the board...

Do you think that the complaints have an ulterior movtive? Do you think the complaints are purposely done to bring negative light to the OS?
    astroXP likes this.
    10-14-2011 04:37 PM
    Its much easier to criticize than to compliment. Especially in a non-contact communication context such as posting on a forum. The most compliment you see here is a like or thanks. When someone complains on here its probably because they have been annoyed with something for a while and finally decided to let it out and vent on a public forum where its allowed. I did not read the by laws of this site, so just assuming its allowed. If the same user uses another feature with no problems and it allows him to conduct his day with no annoyances, then it pretty much slips his mind as its intuitive for him and requires no conscious thought.

EDIT: My biggest and most important complaint is that the Titan is still not available at my ATT Store. My dad and brother just picked up their 4S phones today.
    10-14-2011 04:47 PM
    Agreed. If something works, then oh well, it's suppose to work. But if it fails, rant rant rant. Just human nature.
    Its much easier to criticize than to compliment. Especially in a non-contact communication context such as posting on a forum. The most compliment you see here is a like or thanks. When someone complains on here its probably because they have been annoyed with something for a while and finally decided to let it out and vent on a public forum where its allowed. I did not read the by laws of this site, so just assuming its allowed. If the same user uses another feature with no problems and it allows him to conduct his day with no annoyances, then it pretty much slips his mind as its intuitive for him and requires no conscious thought.

EDIT: My biggest and most important complaint is that the Titan is still not available at my ATT Store. My dad and brother just picked up their 4S phones today.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre using Forums
    10-14-2011 04:56 PM
    speaking of excessive criticizing

10-14-2011 05:02 PM
    ^^^ I loved the 80s.
    10-14-2011 05:05 PM
    I like to complain because Microsoft is listening.
    astroXP likes this.
    10-14-2011 05:10 PM
    ... yes? lol
    10-14-2011 06:27 PM
    Nobody would even be here for more than a couple of days if they don't generally like wp7. So what's the deal here? should I say something nice about wp7 and everybody just nods along and congratulate each other for making smart purchases?

Well, here we go. One thing I like about wp7 is how that little arrow turns when swiping from home screen to app menu. Totally useless, but I appreciate the fact that developers paid attention to details and it does not impact performance. That's what I like about wp7. Elegant and smooth throughout.

Now I got that out of my system, can I got back to complaining? :)
    power5 likes this.
    10-14-2011 06:28 PM
    There's a big difference between complaining and bringing up a valid issue.

Live Tiles not working? Valid issue.

Not enough xbox Live titles? borderline.

Not enough theme colors? probably complaining.

We're all in Windows Phone, we all like it, some more than others, some more rabidly. We all want it to succeed, so we push for more features, better features, and highlight what's missing.

If you get offended by this and call people stupid, you know you're a fanboy. If you offer workarounds and solutions, then you're what's right with this board.

I'm happy about mango, multi-tasking, voice text, camera settings, pretty much everything that WP has. But am I content with that and just willing to sit back and hope that the phone devs read my mind? Of course not. That would be idiotic. So I make suggestions, offer up issues, and try to help others figure out how to use the OS effectively.

And you should, too.
    Judge_Daniel, Vallos, jfa1 and 2 others like this.
    10-14-2011 06:35 PM
    ever sints mango came out a couple weeks ago.... ALL the threads are freaking complaints..

WP needs this , WP needs that, wp wp,wp,wp,wp forgot this , wp STFU! and move on or accept it.

they made a web site SPECIFICLY FOR YOUR complaints!!: playxbla.com blog

if not try an Iphone or an Android :)

Don't know about u. but this sounds like a complaint to me.. . He's complaining about us complaining.....

As in everything.. balance is necessary.. how would Microsoft knows what to improve if everyone is just praising.. Complaint is necessary.. Just don't read them if u don't like them

Peace
    10-14-2011 09:47 PM
    Is good to complain, the last thing we want is be like webOS/Symbian that where acting like their OS was superior that the other companies and end up dead. I said it before and I'll said it again, we need phones.
    10-14-2011 09:50 PM
    about time someone feels the same way I do. on XDA it's really bad over there with this and just general bashing and the mods don't do anything about it. I've seen complaints over a progress bar, over how this mobile site renders fonts, lack of stop button etc.
    You're lying.

Post links to those threads or posts...

I'm one of the most vocal critics of WP7 (and Android) on that forum and I can care less what you think about me, but no one there is complaining about a stop button or progress bar. Font Rendering, maybe, but I don't remember seeing that.

Most of the Vitriol there comes from WP7 fanbois who are overly sensitive to criticism and dissenting opinion towards the platform.

The MODs would have to ban either side of the WP7 community there, or everyone, to get rid of it all. All you have to do is say "I don't like <x>" and a flamewar ensues.

I'm equally critical of all platforms. Platforms don't improve by telling them what they did well. They improve by telling them where they fail, so that they can improve on it. If you did it well, you didn't do anything great. You just did what I expected you to do. After all, I paid for this phone, and it wasn't cheap - either...
    10-15-2011 12:11 AM
    Oops, see what have you done? The dimension portal has been opened and the two parallel forums known as XDA and wpcentral start to merge. Now, this isn't going to be pretty.
    10-15-2011 05:18 AM
27 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD