Birthdays / Holidays on calendar?

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC Arrive, and I just got it, and just upgraded to Mango.

My main email I just created is live.com, but when I added my gmail account, it brought over my contacts from my previous phone, which was way cool.

Anyhow, all my contacts have birthdays, anniversaries, etc listed on them... when I go to my Calendar monthly view it doesn't show them. It shows a red square for the current day, but all the others are black. I check the settings and it shows birthdays and holidays are on, and color coded.

I tried adding a new contact with a new birthday, and it didn't show either.

Is it supposed to show birthdays from your address book?

WayneDiesel34

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
I have the HTC Arrive, and I just got it, and just upgraded to Mango.

My main email I just created is live.com, but when I added my gmail account, it brought over my contacts from my previous phone, which was way cool.

Anyhow, all my contacts have birthdays, anniversaries, etc listed on them... when I go to my Calendar monthly view it doesn't show them. It shows a red square for the current day, but all the others are black. I check the settings and it shows birthdays and holidays are on, and color coded.

I tried adding a new contact with a new birthday, and it didn't show either.

Is it supposed to show birthdays from your address book?

The only birthdays that I think sync's automatically in the calender is of your FaceBook contacts birthdays. And actually it is not on the calender itself but in the agenda section.

If you want other contacts birthdays in there you have to manually put them in.

Mike-Mike

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
well, now they are showing up on the agenda for the individual day.. but oddly enough my moms is showing the wrong day? 1 day earlier.. looked back at my contacts and it was correct there

jfa1

Dec 15, 2007
Visit site
If youir hotmail calnedar includes holidays calendar as well as birthday calendar from your windows live and facebook calendars I sometimes get double entries which cumbersome to delete

ak0ska

Jul 28, 2011
Visit site
When you go to Live Calendar and click "Birthday calendar" on the left, what happens when you click "Refresh now" on the property page?

I get the following message:
Update error

Your birthday calendar hasn't finished updating. It may take a little longer so please check it again later.

I don't know why, but only a small part of my Facebook contacts' birthdays made into the calendar..

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss